Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

V.2 Finley thinks Finley is a Playmaker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do You feel about Finley
Approve
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Disapprove
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 35

palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, that was spot on! Real talk though. That would still be a very tough pill to choke down. At some point I know enough is enough. I sure as hell give a talent like Finley a bit more rope before I tell him to jump though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe teams are game planning for him... I dunno. I know you don't deal with it this way though.

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/10/24/12/Finley-wishes-double-teams-on-teammate/landing_packers.html?blockID=809557&feedID=5065

Finley is what we thought he was... The guy is injured right now so the "Oley" block doesn't effect me so much... But it always seems this way with Finley and the mouth never stops. I hope he gets better as the season moves along, but I don't hold it against Rodgers or McCarthyy to move along either. Finley has been given opportunities, he just hasn't done much with them.
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
Maybe teams are game planning for him... I dunno. I know you don't deal with it this way though.

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/10/24/12/Finley-wishes-double-teams-on-teammate/landing_packers.html?blockID=809557&feedID=5065

Finley is what we thought he was... The guy is injured right now so the "Oley" block doesn't effect me so much... But it always seems this way with Finley and the mouth never stops. I hope he gets better as the season moves along, but I don't hold it against Rodgers or McCarthyy to move along either. Finley has been given opportunities, he just hasn't done much with them.

The questionable (at best) effort blocking and the lazy route running at times pre dates the shoulder injury. It's not a recent development caused by that injury.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:

So he talks? Big deal. I don't get why people make it out to be, he obviously isn't smart and is a bit delusional but he genuinely wants to make plays out there. That headline is the perfect example of [inappropriate/removed]-poor journalism. He's joking to his wife that they should double team Jordy instead of him and that headline is just total garbage. We don't even need him to block, have him release every time, I guarantee there will be eyes out there watching him, which are eyes that aren't focused in the run game. He's one of the games best decoys, but he needs to make the plays he is capable of soon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to get Jerry Maguire in here to give Rod Tidwell.. I mean Finley.. the "no heart" talk. Because right now, Jermichael Finley is the Rod Tidwell of our team. All talent, no heart.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:

So he talks? Big deal. I don't get why people make it out to be, he obviously isn't smart and is a bit delusional but he genuinely wants to make plays out there. That headline is the perfect example of [inappropriate/removed]-poor journalism. He's joking to his wife that they should double team Jordy instead of him and that headline is just total garbage. We don't even need him to block, have him release every time, I guarantee there will be eyes out there watching him, which are eyes that aren't focused in the run game. He's one of the games best decoys, but he needs to make the plays he is capable of soon.

I don't care about smack talking, big egos, etc.....provided they back up it up on the field! Finley hasn't done that since the '10 season before his injury.

Decoy my butt. The good ones get open and find a way to get open. Watch Finley closely this year, he hasn't been double covered that much. Often times he's one on one with a LBer. His rounding off routes and lack of precise route running along with drops at key times is why he isn't seeing the ball as much his way.

And since when doesn't a team need a TE to give a decent effort at blocking? Keith Jackson wasn't exactly all world at it, but still gave good effort when he needed to. Chumura could only dream of having half the talent that Finley does, yet he was a clutch for Favre, when plays broke down and the pocket collapsed he found a way to get open, plus he was a good blocker on the line.

And since Finley would like to think of himself as more of a WR than a TE, would go back and say Sharpe, Brooks, Freeman, Driver in their prime were many times double covered and still got open and beat double teams when the team didn't have half the weapons of talent it currently has. Could go through some other teams' TEs and WRs as well, but am sticking here to strictly Packers.

And it does seem that Finley has lost his QBs confidence and trust in him on the field as of late verses when in '10 he was Rodgers/McCarthy's main focal point.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Nope, that was spot on! Real talk though. That would still be a very tough pill to choke down. At some point I know enough is enough. I sure as hell give a talent like Finley a bit more rope before I tell him to jump though.

I'm right here too. I'm still giving him chances. He hasn't really anything that says we need to cut ties.
justo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
Pugger wrote:
But right now he's the best TE we have so until someone else steps up or we find someone else we are stuck with him the rest of the season. Bitching about him every other day isn't gonna change anything. Confused

Tell that to the coaches. I'd LOVE to see Williams/Crabtree/Taylor take some reps away from Finley.

FWIW

TE by snaps vs. Jags....
Crabtree 37
Finley 36
Williams 25

Interesting.. I'm not saying Finley isn't the best TE on our team because he is. I'd have to watch the game over to really analyze this but it seems Crabtree is in when we run the ball. How often was Williams split out wide?

Crabtree and Williams both lineup at WR and TE. Finley is almost always a WR now
Terranimal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
Pugger wrote:
But right now he's the best TE we have so until someone else steps up or we find someone else we are stuck with him the rest of the season. Bitching about him every other day isn't gonna change anything. Confused

Tell that to the coaches. I'd LOVE to see Williams/Crabtree/Taylor take some reps away from Finley.

FWIW

TE by snaps vs. Jags....
Crabtree 37
Finley 36
Williams 25

Interesting.. I'm not saying Finley isn't the best TE on our team because he is. I'd have to watch the game over to really analyze this but it seems Crabtree is in when we run the ball. How often was Williams split out wide?

Crabtree and Williams both lineup at WR and TE. Finley is almost always a WR now

Williams also lined up in the backfield with Kuhn out against the Jags on a few plays.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
justo wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
Pugger wrote:

FWIW

TE by snaps vs. Jags....
Crabtree 37
Finley 36
Williams 25

Williams also lined up in the backfield with Kuhn out against the Jags on a few plays.

Like as an H Back? Si. Really, really like Williams.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should be. I am too.

I'd be more disappointed if he were saying the team is hunky-dory.

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like others here have stated, Finley gifts are special, but does he want to be? If you rest on talent alone (which is what I think Finley is doing), he'll always be a good TE. My question is, does that satisfy him? Is he fine being a really good TE when he could be great? If he wants to be ELITE, he has to work at it and keep at it every practice, every game, every snap. That's what I don't see with Finley. When you see other elite players, they don't rest on talent alone. They are exploiting their god given ability to its fullest extent. Do you think Jerry Rice would be the GOAT receiver if he had a so so work ethic?

Talk to ANYONE that's watched Rice, played with him, or ever around him. Dude's work ethic was the best anyone has ever seen. I think Rodgers has that streak in him, as do players like Woodson. That's what it takes to be GREAT and not merely "good."

I don't care about all the talking or dumb things he says. I just want him to ball. For the money he's being paid, he owes that to the organization.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
Blink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really had a problem with Finley in the media before, it was always stupidity not malice.

But right now I'm just sick of it. Sick of hearing him talking and sick of everyone talking about him talking. He's not a prominent player on this team. He's not a corner stone of the franchise, a leader, established veteran, fan favorite, or an up and comer. He's just another guy at the moment.

Right now on offense he's an after thought. Other teams may gameplan for Finley, but we sure as hell don't.

EDIT

What special gifts are we talking about? It's been nearly two years since I saw him be special. Last year he caught some balls obviously, but I really didn't see do it in spectacular fashion.

I haven't seen him high point a ball and out muscle defenders.

I haven't seen him seperating from LBs like someone special should(Poz was step for step with him on that deep throw).

He doesn't have the hands that he used to.

Maybe I'm just sour on him and completely off base here, but Finley hasn't shown me he's someone worth keeping around.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y NOT PASS ERR PLAY?!! !? ?

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/11/01/12/Packers-Finley-Why-not-pass-every-play/landing_packers.html?blockID=813343&feedID=5059

Man, the more he talks the dumber he sounds, seriously. Lol.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone brought up an interesting point on another board, so will throw it out there here and see what everyone thinks....not saying I'm sold and buying it, but it is another viewpoint.

Does Finley remind anyone of Terrell Owens? Not production wise, but his comments off field and to the press? Someone has raided the question of "Does Finley have to be showed the love early in the game to keep him in game before he becomes disheartened?"

It's an interesting thought. Was reading through that last link and when Finley is saying they should just throw it every time and go No-Huddle, two thoughts came to mind....

1.) Was that sound like you're second guessing your head coach.

But the second 2.) Almost reminded me of the statement of give me the darn ball.

It's just seems to me that Finley is a head case lately and his own worst enemy. From a fan standpoint it's sad, but from a business standpoint I'm thinking if this doesn't change real soon, no way I hand him over 8 mil next year.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: