Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

V.2 Finley thinks Finley is a Playmaker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do You feel about Finley
Approve
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Disapprove
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 35

mxr124

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call it what you want..... confidence, concentration, focus. It's really just splitting hairs. I just think it's all mental for the guy at this point. The ball comes his way and he knows he's going to hear it from the crowd one way or another. He catches it, he gets the sarcastic cheers. He drops it, he gets the boos. He did bring this on himself, but between the fans and the media he's been rode hard. I personally believe he is a home field touchdown (with a Lambeau Leap) away from turning this around. MM or A-Rod have not given up on him. They wouldn't be spending the 1on1 time with him if they had.
jiggad369

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
The drops can be like a cold--you just have to let it run its course. It's like a slump in baseball.

but, but, but,..we fans love to jump to conclusions and pull a 180 when things turn around.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Dear Jay Cutler,
Sorry you got diabetes.
Love, Cookies.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxr124 wrote:
Let's just agree to disagree on this one. After getting down on Bush and Jones really bad the past few seasons, my tolerance for performance issues on players that I know can turn it around has changed. Gotta trust in TT.

Bush and Jones kept their mouths shut.
Packerbacker93

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to spice the thread up a bit, this is getting pretty interesting. Personally I think we are better off without the guy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
mxr124 wrote:
Let's just agree to disagree on this one. After getting down on Bush and Jones really bad the past few seasons, my tolerance for performance issues on players that I know can turn it around has changed. Gotta trust in TT.

Bush and Jones kept their mouths shut.

Can't argue with you on that.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:

Except he really isn't. If he was he would have had a huge game. He's worked himself down from a key piece of the offense to a role player, and he isn't nearly the "matchup nightmare" he is touted to be. I would be willing to bet DCs would love to see us trying to feed Finley if it meant Cobb, Nelson, Jennings, and Jones were being taken away. He had a big play vs Detroit because they almost weren't even accounting for him. Finley has never lacked confidence, if anything his problem is he has too much of it. I don't think the fact that he caught the only 3 passes targeted at him will do much to erase Rodgers/McCarthy's lack of faith in him.

This makes no sense, so if he's racking up yards and TDs like the Arizona playoff game or the Bears game last year, teams are just going to be happy that its Finley scoring and not Nelson or Cobb?

Im sorry but Finley is a match-up nightmare, he's the definition of a player that can't be covered by a CB or a LB. You almost need a Kam Chancellor type player to cover him. He was doubled all night by Houston and again in STL. Now Cobb has emerged and has received most of the focus and Im sorry but if you have a player on the field that you don't trust what a waste of a roster spot. If you are putting him on the field and he is wide open, you damn well better throw him the ball, time for MM and AR to realize this, its already cost us some 1st downs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers, especially against the three deep safeties and cover 2, needs to take what the defense gives him more often.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
What players say to the media means slightly more than nothing to me. I really do not care.

Only thing I care about is whether their value to the team is good or bad.

The rest is soap opera drama stuff that is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the product on the field.

You've been on Finley's bandwagon the entire time. Now that his on-field performance has become far less valuable than the $5m salary he has, and incredibly far less valuable than the $8.3m price tag he would require for next season, would you say that it is time for us to move on from him?

I don't think he's playing up to an 8million dollar salary for next year, no.

It depends on the situation though. I've no idea what their plan for the cap is.

Finley, even now, is still providing more value than Jennings is. I wouldn't be surprised if Finley isn't back, I wouldn't be surprised if he is. Team will be close next year as well. Finley is better than what we would replace him with short-term so having him for another year is tempting.
mxr124

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is getting a little off topic, but would we have enough money to keep Finley AND Jennings if we dumped Woodson and Driver? Or would that jepordize the signings of A-Rod, CMIII, & Raji?
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Except he really isn't. If he was he would have had a huge game. He's worked himself down from a key piece of the offense to a role player, and he isn't nearly the "matchup nightmare" he is touted to be. I would be willing to bet DCs would love to see us trying to feed Finley if it meant Cobb, Nelson, Jennings, and Jones were being taken away. He had a big play vs Detroit because they almost weren't even accounting for him. Finley has never lacked confidence, if anything his problem is he has too much of it. I don't think the fact that he caught the only 3 passes targeted at him will do much to erase Rodgers/McCarthy's lack of faith in him.

This makes no sense, so if he's racking up yards and TDs like the Arizona playoff game or the Bears game last year, teams are just going to be happy that its Finley scoring and not Nelson or Cobb?

Im sorry but Finley is a match-up nightmare, he's the definition of a player that can't be covered by a CB or a LB. You almost need a Kam Chancellor type player to cover him. He was doubled all night by Houston and again in STL. Now Cobb has emerged and has received most of the focus and Im sorry but if you have a player on the field that you don't trust what a waste of a roster spot. If you are putting him on the field and he is wide open, you damn well better throw him the ball, time for MM and AR to realize this, its already cost us some 1st downs.

Agreed. People continue to fail to realize that opposing teams have to gameplan for him. DJ Williams and Quarless don't get anywhere near the attention. Same for Crabtree.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Rodgers, especially against the three deep safeties and cover 2, needs to take what the defense gives him more often.
Oh my gawd!!! I agree 150 billion percent. I have been saying this all year. Way too impatient always looking for the home run that Aaron has been missing that throw all year. It would do this offense wonders if we would take what's given. Eventually the defense will get sick of getting nickel and dimed to death and will sell out to stop the short stuff and thats when the deep ball gets a little easier.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Oh my gawd!!! I agree 150 billion percent. I have been saying this all year. Way too impatient always looking for the home run that Aaron has been missing that throw all year. It would do this offense wonders if we would take what's given. Eventually the defense will get sick of getting nickel and dimed to death and will sell out to stop the short stuff and thats when the deep ball gets a little easier.

I don't have game tape or anything like that, but for those who do... watch Rodgers completely ignore Finley (sometimes others) for an easy 5-7 yard gainer for tossing it 30 yards downfield incomplete. It's not only Finley, but he's usually the one in the intermediate routes right now. It makes no sense. I understand the big play, but dude is WIDE open. Toss him the ball and make it 2nd & 3 or 3rd & 3. Don't throw the extremely difficult ones and put yourself in 3rd & 10+ situations.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finley is just like Moss, Owens, Bryant or Edwards...when its good its good and when its bad its bad.

I honestly believe we are better WITH him. He is still young, and if he can MATURE and play like he has in flashes, he could take our offense to the next level like he has in the past.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

I don't have game tape or anything like that, but for those who do... watch Rodgers completely ignore Finley (sometimes others) for an easy 5-7 yard gainer for tossing it 30 yards downfield incomplete. It's not only Finley, but he's usually the one in the intermediate routes right now. It makes no sense. I understand the big play, but dude is WIDE open. Toss him the ball and make it 2nd & 3 or 3rd & 3. Don't throw the extremely difficult ones and put yourself in 3rd & 10+ situations.
Yup and sometimes those 7 yard routes that are wide open turn into 40 yard big plays. Like Finley last week, short route, got separation split a tackle and made a huge play. Our play makers can't make plays if the ball hits the turf. I don't want Rodgers to turn into captain checkdown but you gotta take the easy stuff sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said before, some of the best players of all time are headcases. Being able to generate that kind of raw emotion can translate to domination on the football field - especially when that player is as athletically superior as Finley is to most players on the field.

If Rodgers' wants to be called the GOAT he needs to get him involved and give Finley a chance to unleash his potential. Its like never giving a RB carries, there is no rhythm.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: