Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

V.2 Finley thinks Finley is a Playmaker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do You feel about Finley
Approve
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Disapprove
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 35

JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thats funny bc i bet the team is disappointed in him too

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
What players say to the media means slightly more than nothing to me. I really do not care.

Only thing I care about is whether their value to the team is good or bad.

The rest is soap opera drama stuff that is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the product on the field.

You've been on Finley's bandwagon the entire time. Now that his on-field performance has become far less valuable than the $5m salary he has, and incredibly far less valuable than the $8.3m price tag he would require for next season, would you say that it is time for us to move on from him?

Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
What players say to the media means slightly more than nothing to me. I really do not care.

The rest is soap opera drama stuff that is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the product on the field.

You've been on Finley's bandwagon the entire time. Now that his on-field performance has become far less valuable than the $5m salary he has, and incredibly far less valuable than the $8.3m price tag he would require for next season, would you say that it is time for us to move on from him?

We rode his previous success in games like STL and Houston. Teams were still double covering him all over the field, that's worth a good bit of $$$ to me. The respect teams showed Finley has a lot to do with Randall Cobb and his seeing, and winning his early one on ones. Now defenses aren't respecting Finley anymore, its time for the staff and AR to see that and get him involved again. I'm far from giving up on Finley.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

We rode his previous success in games like STL and Houston. Teams were still double covering him all over the field, that's worth a good bit of $$$ to me. The respect teams showed Finley has a lot to do with Randall Cobb and his seeing, and winning his early one on ones. Now defenses aren't respecting Finley anymore, its time for the staff and AR to see that and get him involved again. I'm far from giving up on Finley.

I'm totally with you. Let's hope we can boost his confidence.

I know he's a headcase, but some of the great players are. Can we win without him? Sure, but it will be harder.

Whether or not he's worth the money and whether or not he's worth a Greg Jennings (if that's what it boils down to) is a different question.
persiandud

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, haven't we learned about Finley by now? He states some questionable drivel to the media, and then it's "CUT HIM. HE'S WORTHLESS BLAHBLAHBLAH"

Let's not jump to conclusions. I still think he's an important part of this offense, and he's obviously a matchup nightmare. Just look at that 40 yard play against Detroit last week...the guy still has it. His confidence is growing again, and that can only mean good things.

I don't care about what he says, I care about his performance on the field. Let's see if he can stack success. I think he will.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxr124 wrote:
So it is written, so it shall be done! Rolling Eyes

Not sure where the attitude is coming from. That's clearly just my opinion.
mxr124

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just agree to disagree on this one. After getting down on Bush and Jones really bad the past few seasons, my tolerance for performance issues on players that I know can turn it around has changed. Gotta trust in TT.
pollino14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is talking about his confidence and blah blah blah, but we don't know his confidence level or more importantly Aaron Rodgers' confidence in him. Either way, confidence isn't going to completely solve his stone hands.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Everyone is talking about his confidence and blah blah blah, but we don't know his confidence level or more importantly Aaron Rodgers' confidence in him. Either way, confidence isn't going to completely solve his stone hands.

What solved James Jones' stone hands?
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
Let's not jump to conclusions. I still think he's an important part of this offense, and he's obviously a matchup nightmare. Just look at that 40 yard play against Detroit last week...the guy still has it. His confidence is growing again, and that can only mean good things.

Except he really isn't. If he was he would have had a huge game. He's worked himself down from a key piece of the offense to a role player, and he isn't nearly the "matchup nightmare" he is touted to be. I would be willing to bet DCs would love to see us trying to feed Finley if it meant Cobb, Nelson, Jennings, and Jones were being taken away. He had a big play vs Detroit because they almost weren't even accounting for him. Finley has never lacked confidence, if anything his problem is he has too much of it. I don't think the fact that he caught the only 3 passes targeted at him will do much to erase Rodgers/McCarthy's lack of faith in him.

mxr124 wrote:

I would bet the answer to that is hard work.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
persiandud wrote:

Except he really isn't. If he was he would have had a huge game. He's worked himself down from a key piece of the offense to a role player, and he isn't nearly the "matchup nightmare" he is touted to be. I would be willing to bet DCs would love to see us trying to feed Finley if it meant Cobb, Nelson, Jennings, and Jones were being taken away. He had a big play vs Detroit because they almost weren't even accounting for him. Finley has never lacked confidence, if anything his problem is he has too much of it. I don't think the fact that he caught the only 3 passes targeted at him will do much to erase Rodgers/McCarthy's lack of faith in him.

mxr124 wrote:

He's a dope and says stupid things but from all accounts he is a hard worker. I'm wondering if his poor play these past couple of years is because he's no Einstein. Wink
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
persiandud wrote:

mxr124 wrote:

I think hard work may be a little bit too simple. These guys have caught tens of thousands of balls in their careers. They know how to catch a football. Confidence plays a huge part in a guys ability to catch a football
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
spilltray wrote:
persiandud wrote:

mxr124 wrote:

He's a dope and says stupid things but from all accounts he is a hard worker. I'm wondering if his poor play these past couple of years is because he's no Einstein. Wink

I don't trust that he is actually a hard worker. His lack of effort in games would counteract the thought that he is a hard worker in practice. If he was really a hard worker he'd give effort in the blocking game, not be rounding off routes, and work his way back to the QB on scrambles. If he's working hard in practice, why is he lazy in games?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
persiandud wrote:

mxr124 wrote:

I think hard work may be a little bit too simple. These guys have caught tens of thousands of balls in their careers. They know how to catch a football. Confidence plays a huge part in a guys ability to catch a football

I would say concentration has more to do with it than confidence.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drops can be like a cold--you just have to let it run its course. It's like a slump in baseball.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18

Jump to: