Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

V.2 Finley thinks Finley is a Playmaker
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do You feel about Finley
Approve
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Disapprove
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 35

Packerbacker93

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: V.2 Finley thinks Finley is a Playmaker Reply with quote

Well not sure if this is thread worthy stuff, but I enjoyed it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000087301/article/jermichael-finley-finds-packers-win-disappointing

Quote:
"We need to come out and put teams like this away. Of course it's disappointing," the tight end said, via Fox Sports Wisconsin. "With the ability we got and with the guys we got on this team, it kills us. If the defense is looking at us, that's why they're mad at us if we go three-and-out, because they know what we can do. And we're pissed off at them when teams like Jacksonville drive the ball down the field."

For once i agree with what Finley says, he's actually making a good point.

This however

Quote:
I've got my swag back; I've got my hands back," Finley told the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "Everything's back. I don't have a say (in how many times he's thrown the ball). I'm in a great place. I'm happy."

From disappointing to happy in 300 words. That sounds about right for a Jermichael Finley post.

Last edited by Packerbacker93 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually defend Finley when it comes to people getting all angry about the latest thing he or his agent says but...

Can you just not say anything at all until you start contributing? If there was ever a time for him to show up, it was Sunday.

If you're not impacting the game with the #1 and 2 WRs on the depth chart vs what is supposed to be a TE friendly match up, I really doubt you ever will.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Jermichael Finley is Disappointed in Team Reply with quote

Packerbacker93 wrote:

Quote:
I've got my swag back; I've got my hands back," Finley told the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "Everything's back.

haha. wtf is he talking about...
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please someone put in a cheeky trade bid for him before the deadline....
SnakePlissken

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Jermichael Finley is Disappointed in Team Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Packerbacker93 wrote:

Quote:
I've got my swag back; I've got my hands back," Finley told the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "Everything's back.

Now he just needs his brain back and we're set.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Jermichael Finley is Disappointed in Team Reply with quote

SnakePlissken wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
Packerbacker93 wrote:

Quote:

Now he just needs his brain back and we're set.

Back? You are assuming he ever had one to begin with?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love all the Finley hate. He's always one week away from everyone's tune changing.
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Love all the Finley hate. He's always one week away from everyone's tune changing.

It's too late. Finley jumped the shark long ago. Rodgers has no faith in him. MM has no faith in him. He's not getting the looks because his play continues to fall short of backing up his mouth.

That roll out play Sunday where Finley was wide open maybe 5-10 yards in front of Rodgers face, last year Rodgers would have thrown that to him right away and let him try and make a play. Instead now, he keeps rolling looking, hoping someone else is open, and it even looked to me as if he considered just tucking it and running himself instead of throwing it to Finley there. That kind of confidence is going to take a lot more to build back than just week to week. He's not even going to get a CHANCE to have a big game unless he somehow manages to get their faith in him back and with his inconsistent effort and loud mouth, I just don't see that happening.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

No he's not. One good game wouldn't erase all the very poor games he's had these past two years.
SnakePlissken

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

One week won't change anything for me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers has spoken up for Finley. He recently said Finley is getting game planned against and that stats are misleading right now.
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy is a moron, and I was so disgusted by him when he was over the top celebrating after his first catch on Sunday... but I'll still be patient with this $wag cat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Rodgers has spoken up for Finley. He recently said Finley is getting game planned against and that stats are misleading right now.

I really doubt that's true, and I've heard nothing of the sort (haven't listened to today's Tuesday with Aaron yet though).

He's lazy running routes too often, doesn't even give token effort as a blocker half the time, just in general seems disinterested more often than not. He seems to be getting subbed out more and more, and that's not just the injury.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing wrong with what he said (again).

Non-issue if literally anyone else on our team had made the exact same comments. But...it's Finley so it's a story here.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really don't have a problem with what he said until he said "I've got my hands back" because that is blatant [inappropriate/removed].

Sig brought to you by Justo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: