Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

V.2 Finley thinks Finley is a Playmaker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do You feel about Finley
Approve
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Disapprove
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 35

spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scuba St3ve wrote:
everyone hates finley because he is different than everyone else, hes honest and definitely not politically correct.

its pretty much fact to say Finley>Driver over the last two years. yet i am going to get attacked because everyone loves driver. driver is nice and politically correct and so people like him even though his performance is way down.

driver playing bad is still>>>than finley playing average in packer fans eyes just because of the different character of the two

I have no patience for Finley and it has nothing to do with what he says, in itself. It's indicative of his attitude towards his role on the team. Things like this irk me because, yes he is down on the pecking order, but that's because he put himself there. No matter how bad he's playing it never seems like he's frustrated with himself. It's always something else.

What I DO have a problem with is his effort (or lack thereof) and his all around game. He doesn't even try his best half the time. You call him a TE, but really, he is just a big, slow WR, with questionable hands. Yes I love Driver. I love his effort. Sure his physical skills have declined and he's not really relevant anymore, but any time Driver is on the field, you get his best. I can live with that. Finley, you just never know, and that's what is absolutely unforgivable to me.

I can forgive mistakes. Lack of effort, I can't.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Scuba St3ve wrote:
everyone hates finley because he is different than everyone else, hes honest and definitely not politically correct.

its pretty much fact to say Finley>Driver over the last two years. yet i am going to get attacked because everyone loves driver. driver is nice and politically correct and so people like him even though his performance is way down.

driver playing bad is still>>>than finley playing average in packer fans eyes just because of the different character of the two

I have no patience for Finley and it has nothing to do with what he says, in itself. It's indicative of his attitude towards his role on the team. Things like this irk me because, yes he is down on the pecking order, but that's because he put himself there. No matter how bad he's playing it never seems like he's frustrated with himself. It's always something else.

What I DO have a problem with is his effort (or lack thereof) and his all around game. He doesn't even try his best half the time. You call him a TE, but really, he is just a big, slow WR, with questionable hands. Yes I love Driver. I love his effort. Sure his physical skills have declined and he's not really relevant anymore, but any time Driver is on the field, you get his best. I can live with that. Finley, you just never know, and that's what is absolutely unforgivable to me.

Oh you mean like Finley's blocking effort? He has the movement skills of a WR but LB's regularly make him have cement shoes as they go right past him with naught but a pat on the back from Finley.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this, Finley does get open a lot underneath and Rodgers NEVER throws to him. I started noticing it last season when Rodgers would pass on an open Finley and go for the 50 yarder to Jennings/Nelson. Now, Finley did hurt himself by dropping so many passes, but there is some truth to what he is saying about Rodgers throwing it to who he's 'comfortable' with. He's throwing some 50/50 balls to Jones and Cobb but not so much to J-Mike. I just want to see Finley build on Sundays game. The second half of 09 we got him on a roll and just went to him every game. It gave him a chance to get comfortable and used to it. Don't give him a chance to THINK. Get him involved early and often.When Finley starts thinking it all goes down hill. I want to see him get more opportunities over the next 6 games. Give him more chances to drops balls or catch them. He's way to freakin' good to get looked at twice a game. Throw more jump balls and 50/50 balls his way.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scuba St3ve wrote:

....Okay?

Bottom line, WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY MORONIC STRING OF QUOTES. Holy crap!!

Quote:
"Just picture that, 85 and 88 gone and 80," Finley said. "If that happens, you tell me. That's a lot of playmakers. End of the day, I'm saying good luck."

WHO COMES OUT AND SAYS THAT?!
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Scuba St3ve wrote:

Oh you mean like Finley's blocking effort? He has the movement skills of a WR but LB's regularly make him have cement shoes as they go right past him with naught but a pat on the back from Finley.

Or how he tends to run lazy routes at times, or how he doesn't really even try to work back to the ball well, or him saying he learned his lesson because he hurt his knee on an INT and he's not going to bother trying to make the tackle in the future (I HOPE that's tongue in cheek but have my doubts)...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siv wrote:
I will say this, Finley does get open a lot underneath and Rodgers NEVER throws to him. I started noticing it last season when Rodgers would pass on an open Finley and go for the 50 yarder to Jennings/Nelson. Now, Finley did hurt himself by dropping so many passes, but there is some truth to what he is saying about Rodgers throwing it to who he's 'comfortable' with. He's throwing some 50/50 balls to Jones and Cobb but not so much to J-Mike. I just want to see Finley build on Sundays game. The second half of 09 we got him on a roll and just went to him every game. It gave him a chance to get comfortable and used to it. Don't give him a chance to THINK. Get him involved early and often.When Finley starts thinking it all goes down hill. I want to see him get more opportunities over the next 6 games. Give him more chances to drops balls or catch them. He's way to freakin' good to get looked at twice a game. Throw more jump balls and 50/50 balls his way.

1) That is smart QB play.

2) That falls under the whole "The player is here to make the team happy, not the other way around." thing. You don't feed it to Finley just hoping to get him untracked because that hurts the rest of the team.

You throw more "50/50" balls to other guys because the chance they come down with it is better than a guy who is dropping a ton of easy passes. You want targets? Guess what. So do Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Jennings, ect. Finley hasn't EARNED more targets and you don't just try force feeding him hoping it will all come together. His performance and effort just don't merit that.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Siv wrote:

1) That is smart QB play.

2) That falls under the whole "The player is here to make the team happy, not the other way around." thing. You don't feed it to Finley just hoping to get him untracked because that hurts the rest of the team.

You throw more "50/50" balls to other guys because the chance they come down with it is better than a guy who is dropping a ton of easy passes. You want targets? Guess what. So do Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Jennings, ect. Finley hasn't EARNED more targets and you don't just try force feeding him hoping it will all come together. His performance and effort just don't merit that.
To go off what Spilltray said, it is smart QB play. Ok so Rodgers passes on a open Finley underneath? How is Rodgers supposed to know he'd actually complete that route when the play before Finley gave up and ran a sloppy slow route? Finley doesn't give 100% effort and open or not you can't depend on him because Rodgers can't be certain he's going to be where he needs to be, Rodgers knows what matchups and plays have been getting who open and when, If Finley won't get open the first time the play is called, why should Rodgers expect any different the second time? Even if Finley actually gives full effort and does in fact get open? Instead Rodgers is looking for that same 1v1 matchup downfield on Nelson or that quick route to Cobb/Jennings.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Scuba St3ve wrote:

....Okay?

Bottom line, WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY MORONIC STRING OF QUOTES. Holy crap!!

Quote:
"Just picture that, 85 and 88 gone and 80," Finley said. "If that happens, you tell me. That's a lot of playmakers. End of the day, I'm saying good luck."

WHO COMES OUT AND SAYS THAT?!

That I am indeed pissed off at Finley for. I back him and all but damn does he need to shut his fricking mouth.
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not gonna miss him, send him to the Raiders.
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow is all I can saw. Wow.

TheGreatZepp wrote:
You actually am somewhat involved in the game and you respond with this?
Quote:
"I think (Randall) Cobb's taken my position from '09. I want to line up where Cobb's lining up because I know the ball's coming there."

Has he ever self-reflected in his life? I just can't take listening to him at all.

Does anyone remember what Cobb tweeted after a game in which he went off a couple weeks back? He said something like I only caught x out of y passes thrown to me. I have to do better...after a game where everybody was singing his praises.

88 does not have that type of mentality. I'm sure he's a hard worker off the field at part of his craft (the receiving side), but he really is the opposite of a professional. I felt bad for how badly some idiots threw him under the bus, especially to him on twitter and stuff, but the way he's responded to the criticism and the heat hasn't really helped his case.

I would be pretty shocked if he stuck around for more than 1 more year.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Just further proves he should leave pretty soon.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
Wow is all I can saw. Wow.

TheGreatZepp wrote:
You actually am somewhat involved in the game and you respond with this?
Quote:
"I think (Randall) Cobb's taken my position from '09. I want to line up where Cobb's lining up because I know the ball's coming there."

Has he ever self-reflected in his life? I just can't take listening to him at all.

Does anyone remember what Cobb tweeted after a game in which he went off a couple weeks back? He said something like I only caught x out of y passes thrown to me. I have to do better...after a game where everybody was singing his praises.

88 does not have that type of mentality. I'm sure he's a hard worker off the field at part of his craft (the receiving side), but he really is the opposite of a professional. I felt bad for how badly some idiots threw him under the bus, especially to him on twitter and stuff, but the way he's responded to the criticism and the heat hasn't really helped his case.

I would be pretty shocked if he stuck around for more than 1 more year.
I think you're referring to
Quote:
9 targets and only 3 catches smh... It's a MUST that I make those plays! #DBA That's unacceptable...

Still Cobb's full or humble respectful comments. That one was after his two TD game against the Cardinals.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But ..but .. but ... Finley is just misunderstood. B.S. the guy is a clown, and just continually is stirring the pot with comments that are just off the wall. He's got to go. He is not an integral part of this team, and can be replaced. He's such a huge disappointment. I thought he was going to be unstoppable force, but the only thing about him that is unstoppable is his stupidity.
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking at the lack of looks that Finley got last weekend with the way the Lions played us was VERY telling IMO. It's sad to tell the truth. Finley went from a man that every DC gameplaned for to a man that DC's now want to give as the QB's first field read. That Lions brass was begging Rodgers to feed Finley! Now, many of Finley's reps are lost by his own hand because he is not willing in the run game, but still.

Trust is a funny thing!

As far as the man running his mouth. Mac is a man's man. I wonder at what point Mac sits Finley down even with the check, a la TO with the Eagles. Maybe just for a game or two so he can get his mind right. Time to crap or get off the pot though!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
I can't stand listening to this clown anymore.

Then don't.

I don't understand what everyone's all up in arms about. What did he say that isn't true? He may not be the most eloquent speaker around but geez.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 7 of 18

Jump to: