Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

V.2 Finley thinks Finley is a Playmaker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do You feel about Finley
Approve
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Disapprove
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 35

TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtariB20 wrote:
I'm impartial on the subject. I'll trust the front office and be happy with whether they get rid of him or not. As for Jennings, I would rather let him go and save it for guys that arent so close to 30 years old.
you're probably right. Good thing Aaron comes off the books soon too you know with him being the same age as Jennings and all. 30 year olds are bad!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
How much would we save by cutting Finley?

Quote:
No matter what happens, the Packers must count the prorated portion of his modest $1 million signing bonus against their 2013 salary cap, or $500,000. But when he leaves their roster via trade or waivers, his $4.45 million base salary, $500,000 roster bonus and $300,000 workout bonus all go away.

justo wrote:
THIS ONE IS FOR LULU
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be in with the minority who thinks there is more discontent with Finley among fans rather than in the locker room.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
AtariB20 wrote:
I'm impartial on the subject. I'll trust the front office and be happy with whether they get rid of him or not. As for Jennings, I would rather let him go and save it for guys that arent so close to 30 years old.
you're probably right. Good thing Aaron comes off the books soon too you know with him being the same age as Jennings and all. 30 year olds are bad!

SMH... For you to make that comparison is ridiculous. I understand you are trying to make me look like an idiot, but Thompson has drafted Murphy, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Cobb. The guy does not miss on WR's. I would rather save my 5 years and 40+ million and let Thompson do his work. If he will give a discount and we could get him on a 3 year deal, great... but I don't see that. It is VERY rare for Thompson to give one of his guys a big contract that is longer than what he is worth. I just don't see it happening.
RG25

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its time to let go of Finley. We have enough play makers around Rodgers that we'll still be a great team without him. Plus with our running game coming on, we could find a better all around TE that can block better than Finley to help support the ground game even more.
AtariB20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am definitely in the minority, but give me Finley for 1 year and 6 million over Jennings at 5 years and 40+ million. Use the other 35 million at other positions of need.
xDD80x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtariB20 wrote:
I am definitely in the minority, but give me Finley for 1 year and 6 million over Jennings at 5 years and 40+ million. Use the other 35 million at other positions of need.

Eh, that money can go towards procuring Rodgers and Clay or procuring a lineman or RB. It's clearly not an either-or proposition. Odds are high they're both gone.

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got another Fin thread going

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: