Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

V.2 Finley thinks Finley is a Playmaker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do You feel about Finley
Approve
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Disapprove
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 35

Author Message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 14092
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
dcerb44 wrote:


Problems...shhhh! Laughing

Why can't I get the picture up? Eh, oh well.


FIFY.

(just took out the :large at the end)
No matter what Rodgers or Finley says, there were problems. Looks to be squashed though. Rodgers is gaining confidence in Finley and Finley has had his best 3 game stretch since he got hurt early in 2010.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8633
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
dcerb44 wrote:


Problems...shhhh! Laughing

Why can't I get the picture up? Eh, oh well.


FIFY.

(just took out the :large at the end)


That is a great picture showing Rodgers playfully jump on Finley. Smile If there was any discord between the two of them I doubt Rodgers would be celebrating this win with him like that. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13893
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say this. I feel this staff is doing everything possible to get Finley's mind right. Good chance one of the Packers staff members told Rodgers to keep it light with Finley. Sometimes you need to build them back up. Know what I mean?

As a Packers fan I just hope it works! Man is still a special talent.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31667
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I'll say this. I feel this staff is doing everything possible to get Finley's mind right. Good chance one of the Packers staff members told Rodgers to keep it light with Finley. Sometimes you need to build them back up. Know what I mean?

As a Packers fan I just hope it works! Man is still a special talent.
yup. Still feel as though we end up keeping Finley and parting ways with Jennings this off season. Never know though that injury could have helped us afford Jennings but also raises concern about availability again. Tough call but I think Jennings is probably more replaceable than Finley on this team right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8633
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
I'll say this. I feel this staff is doing everything possible to get Finley's mind right. Good chance one of the Packers staff members told Rodgers to keep it light with Finley. Sometimes you need to build them back up. Know what I mean?

As a Packers fan I just hope it works! Man is still a special talent.
yup. Still feel as though we end up keeping Finley and parting ways with Jennings this off season. Never know though that injury could have helped us afford Jennings but also raises concern about availability again. Tough call but I think Jennings is probably more replaceable than Finley on this team right now.


I think we'll keep both. Jennings is still one of the better WRs in the league so I think it would be fool hearty to let him leave. Because of his injury issues this year he might not cost us as much as he we thought last summer.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31667
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
I'll say this. I feel this staff is doing everything possible to get Finley's mind right. Good chance one of the Packers staff members told Rodgers to keep it light with Finley. Sometimes you need to build them back up. Know what I mean?

As a Packers fan I just hope it works! Man is still a special talent.
yup. Still feel as though we end up keeping Finley and parting ways with Jennings this off season. Never know though that injury could have helped us afford Jennings but also raises concern about availability again. Tough call but I think Jennings is probably more replaceable than Finley on this team right now.


I think we'll keep both. Jennings is still one of the better WRs in the league so I think it would be fool hearty to let him leave. Because of his injury issues this year he might not cost us as much as he we thought last summer.
not sure we can afford to. Depends on woodson too. But clay needs an extension soon too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31667
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore both Nelson and Jones will be free agents in the next couple years too. Do we need to spend 10mil a year on jennings? My vote is to tag N trade him. I think he would be easy to move. I also think we grab a weapon high in the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
driftwood


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 6518
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think 88 is a talented dude with crazy potential... but I fear he will never put it together here before his time is up

& i know he looks to be gaining confidence recently.. I just doubt it comes together like most of us want/think

I hope i'm wrong,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
driftwood


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 6518
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Furthermore both Nelson and Jones will be free agents in the next couple years too. Do we need to spend 10mil a year on jennings? My vote is to tag N trade him. I think he would be easy to move. I also think we grab a weapon high in the draft.


the nice thing about TT is that he almost never misses when it comes to getting weapons for a QB

he may struggle finding RB's & sometimes OL... but hes unreal when it comes to finding TE/WR's

that alone makes me OK with losing Jennings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31667
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
I still think 88 is a talented dude with crazy potential... but I fear he will never put it together here before his time is up

& i know he looks to be gaining confidence recently.. I just doubt it comes together like most of us want/think

I hope i'm wrong,
I see finley as maturing over the next season and a half and hopefully playing a solid all over role in getting a ring. I think maybe removing that from over his head will get him to settle a bit and become more of a professional. Ideally one doesn't have to manage the emotions and maturity of grown men but sometimes you do and the payoff is worth it. Ultimately I think Finley will prove to be worth the coddling (if you will) that he needed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crfalker05


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 652
Location: OH - IO
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the question between Jennings and Finely comes down to this:

Would you rather have Finely for 5 years and ~30 million and the comp pick we would get for Jennings (or even tag and trade) or Jennings for 3 years and ~30 million and the comp pick we would get for J-Mike?

Personally, I'd probably take the former.
_________________
GO PACK GO!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14384
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's easily a way to get them both under contract. You get Drivers deal off the books for sure, then Saturday will most likely come off as well. Woodson will either be gone or re-structured, I think we can guarantee he will not see 10 million next year. Finley will make over 7 million next year, so by extending him this off-season if they choose, or next off-season we will probably not see a rise in his cap hit against the salary cap. Jennings costs us around 4 million against the cap this year, so if they backload a deal they can make it work. All depends on what Greg gets, less than 10m and I'm game for a long-term deal, more than that and I can see why we need to part ways.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 4201
Location: Sconnie boy
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fav tidbit from a GB reporter so far was that Jennings is doing all these commercials because he wants out of GB and showing his marketability so he can leave for a bigger city.

Yes, the man from Kalamazoo Michigan who married his elementary school sweetheart is a man who can't wait for the big city life. Laughing
_________________

R-E-L-A-X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PacAttack04


Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Posts: 3271
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this Jennings is getting $10 Million a year stuff coming from?

I mean, I can understand a guy like Vincent Jackson getting that, a guy Desean getting near that. But the thing is, those guys have an elite level skill. Jackson is the Brandon Marshall, CJ type receiver that just physically dominates CBs. Desean can take any play to the house, hes a dynamic KR, PR, deep threat, etc.

But Jennings? Hes going to be a 30 year old WR coming off an injury that kept him out almost the entire year. And when a guy like James Jones hit the FA, he barely got any interest, so is that maybe because teams look at Rodgers and see that he puts his WRs in a great position a lot?

Im wondering, a similar WR(IMO) like Brandon Lloyd only got a 3 Year, $12 Million dollar contract. I feel they are similar FA WR types in that they get open by being smart, running good routes, etc. I realize that Jennings has a much more consistent history, but let me ask, going forward, do you really see Jennings as that guy? The guy that can continue to be a #1 option in the passing game despite no elite physical skill? Reggie Wayne is the same way, despite all his production, he got a 3 Year, $17.5 Million Dollar Contract. Not that much. But the guys that get the big money? Theyre the guys with an elite skillset. So let me ask you guys, do you really think Jennings is getting that much in FA?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 8076
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack04 wrote:
Where is this Jennings is getting $10 Million a year stuff coming from?

I mean, I can understand a guy like Vincent Jackson getting that, a guy Desean getting near that. But the thing is, those guys have an elite level skill. Jackson is the Brandon Marshall, CJ type receiver that just physically dominates CBs. Desean can take any play to the house, hes a dynamic KR, PR, deep threat, etc.

But Jennings? Hes going to be a 30 year old WR coming off an injury that kept him out almost the entire year. And when a guy like James Jones hit the FA, he barely got any interest, so is that maybe because teams look at Rodgers and see that he puts his WRs in a great position a lot?

Im wondering, a similar WR(IMO) like Brandon Lloyd only got a 3 Year, $12 Million dollar contract. I feel they are similar FA WR types in that they get open by being smart, running good routes, etc. I realize that Jennings has a much more consistent history, but let me ask, going forward, do you really see Jennings as that guy? The guy that can continue to be a #1 option in the passing game despite no elite physical skill? Reggie Wayne is the same way, despite all his production, he got a 3 Year, $17.5 Million Dollar Contract. Not that much. But the guys that get the big money? Theyre the guys with an elite skillset. So let me ask you guys, do you really think Jennings is getting that much in FA?
Well Jennings is a top WR in the NFL. Of all the guys you listed, Vincent and Desean Jackson and Brandon Marshall, I'd take Jennings 10/10 times over all of them. Jennings is the ultimate pro WR. He is so smart, he knows what defenses are trying to do to him and how to react to what they are doing to get himself open. Jennings is most likely the best route running WR in the NFL and he also is a legit deep threat. When I watch Jennings I am not afraid of going forward with him, his game should age well. The guy is willing to do what ever it takes to win. James Jones didn't draw interest because he is a possesion WR who had problems catching the football. Just because Jennings isn't 6'5 225 or run a 4.25 40 yard dash doesn't mean he doesn't have elite skills. He is an elite type guy with the ball in his hands. He will be way closer to $10m a year than 3 IMO.
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group