Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

V.2 Finley thinks Finley is a Playmaker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do You feel about Finley
Approve
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Disapprove
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 35

chucknorris101

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charisma is right. sure everyone loves to hate but if he has a big game there will be nothing but praise and 'i knew it'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
nothing wrong with what he said (again).

Non-issue if literally anyone else on our team had made the exact same comments. But...it's Finley so it's a story here.

It's an issue because of the whole glass house thing.

Finley is playing lazy. I saw literally at least 3 plays (1 run 2 passes) where he didn't even make an effort to block (and was obviously SUPPOSED to be a blocker on those plays). There were a few routes he just looks lazy running. He's out there not giving great effort and has the cajones to talk about how they should be shredding another team and that the D should be shutting them down? I don't care if it IS Jacksonville. That doesn't happen in the NFL unless everyone is playing hard and smart and I honestly don't think Finley knows how or is able to do either consistently.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

Non-issue if literally anyone else on our team had made the exact same comments. But...it's Finley so it's a story here.

That should be telling right there, don't you think?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnakePlissken wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Love all the Finley hate. He's always one week away from everyone's tune changing.

One week won't change anything for me

Yup, same. He has all the talent in the world, so one big game wouldn't be anything spectacular. He needs to produce game in and game out, and for the love of god stop dropping so many passes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Love all the Finley hate. He's always one week away from everyone's tune changing.

It's too late. Finley jumped the shark long ago. Rodgers has no faith in him. MM has no faith in him. He's not getting the looks because his play continues to fall short of backing up his mouth.

That roll out play Sunday where Finley was wide open maybe 5-10 yards in front of Rodgers face, last year Rodgers would have thrown that to him right away and let him try and make a play. Instead now, he keeps rolling looking, hoping someone else is open, and it even looked to me as if he considered just tucking it and running himself instead of throwing it to Finley there. That kind of confidence is going to take a lot more to build back than just week to week. He's not even going to get a CHANCE to have a big game unless he somehow manages to get their faith in him back and with his inconsistent effort and loud mouth, I just don't see that happening.

Yeah and we lost a 1st down opportunity because Aaron didn't throw that ball, how stupid is that? Coming into last weeks game Jordy Nelson had as many drops as Finley, guess we shouldn't have faith in him either?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

It's an issue because of the whole glass house thing.

Finley is playing lazy. I saw literally at least 3 plays (1 run 2 passes) where he didn't even make an effort to block (and was obviously SUPPOSED to be a blocker on those plays). There were a few routes he just looks lazy running. He's out there not giving great effort and has the cajones to talk about how they should be shredding another team and that the D should be shutting them down? I don't care if it IS Jacksonville. That doesn't happen in the NFL unless everyone is playing hard and smart and I honestly don't think Finley knows how or is able to do either consistently.

Fair enough. I just don't see that standard applied across the board though.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all this J. Cook on the trade block talk (which has since been proven to be just that...talk) I looked into their stats side by side, and one thing was blatantly clear to me...we're not throwing to Finley nearly enough. He may drop a few, or he may be running lazy routes, but with his low stat lines it comes down to some game-planning too. Like it or not, he is a great matchup for us, and we need to be exploiting those more often. I can see where he might be frustrated, he's not getting the ball called his way his fair share.

And if it truly is him running lazy (which could be very possible), then we need to move on from him ASAP and get in here somebody that plays hard. There has to be a way to motivate him, he isn't the smartest...but he seems to be a guy that wants to do well.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Rodgers has spoken up for Finley. He recently said Finley is getting game planned against and that stats are misleading right now.

I really doubt that's true, and I've heard nothing of the sort (haven't listened to today's Tuesday with Aaron yet though).

He's lazy running routes too often, doesn't even give token effort as a blocker half the time, just in general seems disinterested more often than not. He seems to be getting subbed out more and more, and that's not just the injury.

Rodgers said. “The stats for him are obviously not exactly where you’d want them to be, but you have to understand that he’s been playing with an injury and a lot of times he’s been the guy that teams are trying to take away.”
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he said was perfect until the thing about his hands.
The offense really doesn't care if they go 3 & out which sucks cus the defense obviously needs rest.
He is wide open on some plays but he gotta somehow get A-Rod's cknfidence back.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

posted this in the prospects thread.....

Larry McCarren said we aren't getting much effort from our TEs in the blocking game. So this is across the board from the position and explains a little bit why our O-line as a whole is sucking right now with the run game. Hopefully Quarless can come back and be back to form. Of course that will take some time, but if he's not by season's end would expect to see us go after a TE in that vain (Fiedorowicz perhaps?) come draft time.

Have watch Finley a lot this year and many times he doesn't get separation and is covered by only a LBer. Criticism has been not running complete and correct routes, which irritates Rodgers, besides the drops. Drops happen is one thing but when they happen is another and Finley's have been drive killers and he also leads the league in drops from the end of last season through now. (That from a couple of of NFL guys sources on sports radio)

Don't know about anybody else but was irritated when he acted like he had scored a TD after making a catch for the first down and celebrating. Had he been making plays or ever scored a TD then maybe be more understanding. So far this guy is an underachiever and coach killer by having all the tools most would give their right one for but never having it materializing on the field.

I stuck up for Finley for a long time, but no more. Especially when he made those chemistry comments and then Aaron and Cobb made others to the contrary a week later.

Even Jason Wilde who liked Finley and supported him now doubts he's back next year, as do I. His stats don't back up his contract. And if he's open and not being thrown to, that should tell everyone what they need to know...Rodgers has lost trust in him. Which is sad because in 2010, he was Rodgers number 1 target before getting hurt and Mccarthy has vowed never to do that again.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
Larry McCarren said we aren't getting much effort from our TEs in the blocking game.
Finley run blocked one time last game and it was a TFL on the dude he was supposed to put a hat on.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
HawaiiFan808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the guy who could dominate games, get some separation from LB's and safeties, and make catches with his hands, instead of letting the balls bounce off his bricks.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

Not at all true. Rodgers could have said it and we'd be legitimately concerned about how much the offense and defense hate each other. It would be much easier to swallow from a player who was actually playing well, instead of being a complete liability.

I've been pretty anti-Finley for a couple seasons now. At first it was a "lets hope he pans out; my breath shall not be baited". Now it's "can we just bench him? his lack of effort on routes and blocking are embarrassing to the Green and Gold".

I'd rather see a heavy dose of Tom Crabtree than him. At least Crabtree can block.

MathMan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Sunday's game, both O and D will be happy with each other.

I see a bigger game from the defense, but still.

It will be good enough.

GB had their letdown game against the Jags alreayd.

They'll bounce back.

The Cardinals are bottoming out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
Larry McCarren said we aren't getting much effort from our TEs in the blocking game.
Finley run blocked one time last game and it was a TFL on the dude he was supposed to put a hat on.

How bad did Finley look on that rep though.... Crying or Very sad

Just saying. I always break down the Packers games and can't tell you how many times I have seen that play go down. I mean, at the very least he can give a shot at point. Just sad. No pride there, at all!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: