Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Still Optimistic for This Season Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wukusimw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Still Optimistic for This Season Mock Reply with quote

Well this seems to be a good time for mocking since we are halfway. I am going to say we are able to get just enough wins to lose out on a player most of us want (Manti, J. Jones)

Say we win against Baltimore, get hot and are able to go 5-3 the last 8 as we fizzle out vs RG3, at Denver and at Pitt. 7-9 shurmur miraculously saves his job, however if we lose the last three that would look pretty bad if we have a shot at the playoffs.

FA's-
Extend Mack
Resign A. Smith, Cribbs, Dawson, Resign Sheldon Brown to a 1 year deal if he wants to keep playing

FA's
Osi Umenyiora- talks a lot of trash and not good against the run but would be an upgrade rotation DE over Parker. Sign him to 2 years 16 mil we show him the money and no other team does so he lands here. I would love to have Barwin here but he deserves a big contract and a starting position, not a rotation behind Rucker.

Kevin Boothe- Giants G who will upgrade our run game and also not cost too much, 4 years 28 mil.

Draft - We end up picking between 13-15 because of our record, and best option would be to trade down but we'll stick with what we know we have.

1. Dion Jordan - Tough pick here and all depends on who is there. Dion should be, possibly Moor, Montgomery, or Werner as well. I would take a corner but spending a first on a number #2 CB has always irked me. If you have a corner like Joe you can roll coverage to the 2's side no need for two shutdowns. But Poyer would be the choice.

3. Phillip Thomas S Fresno State or Shawn Williams S Georgia - I'm going for a player similar to Gholdson of the 49ers here. Having two safeties that can lay the wood really helps create balanced coverages and flexibility. Usama makes his fair share of interceptions but has given up several TD's and long plays due to shabby tackling. I would love for Rambo to be the pick here but he is definitely playing his way into the 2nd round.

4. Josh Johnson CB Purdue- 5'11 and good bulk. I remember him from the beginning of the season and forgot about him until he knocked B. Miller out of the OSU game. Will eventually be the #2 but for now would take Wade's spot or play nickel.

5. Michael Williams TE Ala. - Some much needed run blocking and serves as a red zone and short yardage threat.

6. Theo Riddick Rb ND - He can really catch the ball, he can pass block, and he can give you some strong running. Probably a good special teams player as well. Trent, him, and Montario all bring something to the table.

7. Zeke Motta S ND - Mainly for special teams, backup SS as well.

Sign a backup center, undrafted wr, and test out some lb's to battle fort and robertson and we are good to go.

2014 draft would be looking at a wr (Cordarrelle Patterson), a linebacker, and possibly a corner, and some backup DE's and OL
cattleman78

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think I want to sign a guard at 7 million a year. Draft is decent.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
TypicalBrowns10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I dont know how to feel about Dion Jordan. People have him mocked in teh 3rd round in most drafts. I know Heckert takes his cahnces early. But im not sure about that one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: