You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars trade WR Mike Thomas to the Lions for 5th round pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 55990
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
iPwn wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
iPwn wrote:
27 targets, 13 receptions, 80 yards, 0 TDs, 1 drop
Only 1 drop? Sounds like a superstar compared to our WR's. Pettigrew is due for 2 dropped TD's every game. The guy he's replacing on the roster (Burleson) also had the dropsies. The bulk stats seem ugly though.


I know for a fact he's had more than one drop. He dropped a TD pass 2 days ago against GB.


http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=9371&team=30


And it says only 3 drops for Blackmon... We all know he's had way more than 3 drops this season.


Official drops are different than what we generally consider drops.
_________________

Live like you're down 3-1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 22173
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh baby!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36892
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Oh baby!
yes?
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 22173
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Oh baby!
yes?


es bueno para los Osos!!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36892
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Oh baby!
yes?


es bueno para los Osos!!!
NO! ES MUY BUENO PARA LOS LEONES! ES MUY MAL PARA LOS OSOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






















!
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 22173
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Oh baby!
yes?


es bueno para los Osos!!!
NO! ES MUY BUENO PARA LOS LEONES! ES MUY MAL PARA LOS OSOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






















!


Usted no será targetting Dwayne Bowe o algún receptor FA Tyty tan feliz.

Apoyar=Osos
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheROARisBACK


Joined: 22 Jan 2011
Posts: 3562
Location: Motor City
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Why would the Lions do this? Even with Burleson down, Megatron-TYSR- Ryan Broyles, should all get the playing time over Thomas and thats a hefty contract for a #4 WR.


From the ESPN article:

Quote:
The Jaguars signed Thomas to a five year, $19-million contract in October 2011 but have already paid off most of the heavy charges. If his contract remained intact during the trade, the Lions will owe him a pro-rated portion of his $1.45 million base salary. He is also due a $1.45 million salary in 2013, of which $1 million is guaranteed.

_________________
Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36892
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Usted no será targetting Dwayne Bowe o algún receptor FA Tyty tan feliz.

Apoyar=Osos
What? I dont speak Spanish.
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 57792
Location: Omaha
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Why would the Lions do this? Even with Burleson down, Megatron-TYSR- Ryan Broyles, should all get the playing time over Thomas and thats a hefty contract for a #4 WR.


From the ESPN article:

Quote:
The Jaguars signed Thomas to a five year, $19-million contract in October 2011 but have already paid off most of the heavy charges. If his contract remained intact during the trade, the Lions will owe him a pro-rated portion of his $1.45 million base salary. He is also due a $1.45 million salary in 2013, of which $1 million is guaranteed.




So not really big contract after all huh
_________________



AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 11101
Location: Detroit, Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Why would the Lions do this? Even with Burleson down, Megatron-TYSR- Ryan Broyles, should all get the playing time over Thomas and thats a hefty contract for a #4 WR.


From the ESPN article:

Quote:
The Jaguars signed Thomas to a five year, $19-million contract in October 2011 but have already paid off most of the heavy charges. If his contract remained intact during the trade, the Lions will owe him a pro-rated portion of his $1.45 million base salary. He is also due a $1.45 million salary in 2013, of which $1 million is guaranteed.


So not really big contract after all huh


Nope, people jumped the gun. But what else is new? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 22895
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From October 15th:

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
He'll probably play the slot still, but I don't see him being back next year. He just looks like he doesn't care anymore which is unfortunate.

_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 5236
Location: NC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when a Jags fan was comparing him to Steve Smith Laughing


Maybe a change of scenery will help him.
_________________


#MTGA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TexansFan80


Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Posts: 5179
Location: Callin' Baton Rouge
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another mediocre receiver for the Lions...that'll draw the attention off Megatron!
_________________

^LORK 88^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TomRalph


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 12715
Location: #TheyHateUsCuzTheyAintUs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk of trades for WRs and it turns out to be Mike Thomas Laughing

C'mon! Someone trade for Bowe or Steve Smith!
_________________
Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola Status: Allegedly Deflating Balls On The Sideline
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ManeLine


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 5458
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
Another mediocre receiver for the Lions...that'll draw the attention off Megatron!


No receiver will draw attention away from Calvin Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group