Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DT Akiem Hicks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: DT Akiem Hicks Reply with quote

Is this kid the real deal? In his first game with serious playing time the guy was just ALL over the field, he is what Sedrick Ellis was supposed to be. Against the Broncos he was constantly in the back field making plays and if he wasn't he was chasing someone down sideline to sideline. Could the Saints finally have an impact player on the defensive line?! What do you guys think his future holds?

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)

Last edited by Harper41 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too soon to say for certain, but he is giving us no reason to believe he isn't the real deal.

Last edited by tylerdouglass on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His burst off the line is just...ridiculous. He uses his hands extremely well and moves very well for a man his size. I get giddy just thinking about his potential.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know your not going to like hering this but it's my opinion...

Hicks is the real deal, but I feel he'd be better in a 34 defensive front at LDE.

Look, before you go off the deep end her me out. There are many different types of 34 schemes. Putting Hicks in a Pittsburgh steeler type of front would take away the best parts of his game... he's not ment to eat up blockers, he's built to be disruptive upfront.

If Hicks was to be used in the 34 like the Texans, Chiefs or Pats have done in the past he could play te position that JJ Watt and Richard Seymour play and have played. This would allow Hicks to use his skill set to his advantage and I personally feel he'd develop into the next Richard Seymour.

The Chiefs are likley to fire Romeo Cronnel at the end of the season, I could see him coming in and installing his 34 scheme and placing Hicks in the Seymour role and Jordan in the Ty Warren role. Both positions would suite these two players skill sets perfectly!

I know this is something you don't agree with but I truly believe this defense needs a complete rebuild either way and our foundation on this team is Hicks and Jordan and to me this is the scheme that would get the most out of there talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romeo sucks. If we're going to a 3-4 I want someone who's learned from Wade Phillips, that man does some incredible things as a DC.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Romeo sucks. If we're going to a 3-4 I want someone who's learned from Wade Phillips, that man does some incredible things as a DC.

Honestly... I'll take it!!!

Any 34 coach that can come in and put these two players (Hicks & Jordan) in positions to succeed. They are our future and both there skill sets (to me) scream 34 defensive ends!

The 49ers also run a 34 where they allow there front 3 to get upfield and be disruptive. I know there D-Line coach is a highly reguarded guy among coaches and is looked at as a future DC. 49ers defensive lineman and X LSU tiger Ricky Jean Francsois is also a free agent next season. He has played really good at NT this season with there starter out...

Jordan, Ricky Jean & Hicks would give us a very athletic front!

Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm the more I look at it, the more I like the looks of a 3-4. The only reason I'm hesitant is because I don't know how well Lofton and Hawthorne would transition. Bunkley actually played some pretty good NT in Denver I believe, we could already have a pretty good 3-4 DL on our roster

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Hm the more I look at it, the more I like the looks of a 3-4. The only reason I'm hesitant is because I don't know how well Lofton and Hawthorne would transition. Bunkley actually played some pretty good NT in Denver I believe, we could already have a pretty good 3-4 DL on our roster

Right... The OLD 34 is dead! THe leauge has gone away from the big bulky space eating bodies up front. Look at the 49ers the other night...

Athletic players who get upfield and be disruptive!!

Thats the route this defense needs to go... Cam Jordan will never be a pass rushing nightmare on the edge in a 43 but put him in Justin Smith's position in a 34 with a rush backer behind him and your gonna get a pro-bowler!

Akiem Hicks with his size and skill set with Martez Wilson rushing off the edge could be a leathal duo!!!

Jean Francsois is another guy whos big enough to be a good enough run stuffer (especially with Lotfon and Heater behind him) but hes so athletic he's disruptive on the inside.

This team has the makings of a big time pressure based 34 front seven... the peices is there, where not as far away as people think!

Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider me on board, do you think they'll give up on Spags so quickly though?

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Consider me on board, do you think they'll give up on Spags so quickly though?

I actually do... Spags was brought in to help make a run with the current personnel, NOT to rebuild! Our Personnel suited the 43 at the time.

Things just did not work out, it happens!

A rebuild is on the way and veterans are on the way out. The foundation of this team after the purge of the old vets scream 34. Remember, we also dont have a ton of money. The 34 could actually save us coin in the long run as well.

Check this out...

With just a few offseason adjustments this Saints defense could be…

RE: Cam Jordan – Played and excelled at this very position at Cal in college!

NT: Ricky Jean Francois – Signed in FA to man the middle and add athleticism, think Jay Ratliff (Cowboys). Bunkley could even be kept as the rotational run stuffer much like the 49ers use Sopoaga.

LE: Akiem Hicks – Possesses the size and skill set to be the next Richard Seymour in this scheme!

RB: Martez Wilson – Go compare Wilson physically to Aldon Smith, not much difference!

MB: Curtis Lofton – Great leader, top run stuffer… Possesses the size and physicality to play here.

MB: David Hawthorne – See Curtis Lofton!

RB: Junior Galette – It’s sad how much people don’t realize how athletic this kid is!

CB: Patrick Robinson – Give Robinson a better front 7, you’ll see a better corner!

FS: Malcolm Jenkins – Dude has issues but this scheme would be a godsend to him and his skill set.

SS: Roman Harper – Might not be the best fit for Harp but still could stay as third rotational safety.

CB: Jabari Greer – Greer would be better suited as a Nickel in this scheme, he excelled at the very position in Buffalo before we signed him away.

Thats with only adding one name in free agency in Francosis and he wouldent be a high priced guy to begin with!

We would still have the draft and other free agents to fill in the gaps and add depth!

This defense would also allow us to not just chase the best 43 end we could get but instead allow us to take the BPA on defense whether its Manti te"o, Jon Jenkins, Maybe a trade up for Jarvis Jones... or even Eric Reid / Dee Milliner.

Point is the foundation is there... look at the 49ers the other night! We wouldent have that good of a defense but give me a poor mans verision of it any day with our offense!!!

Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, without much added personnel our defense could improve with a good 3-4 DC. Roman Harper would likely need to be traded/released but...do you think he could play ILB in a 3-4? He'd be an above average ILB in coverage and he excels in run support and rushing the passer. It could actually benefit Harper. Have him Lofton and Hawthorne rotate at ILB with Harper dropping back to SS sometimes. Draft a guy like Jarvis Jones in the first and we could immediately field a pretty good defense next year.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I agree, without much added personnel our defense could improve with a good 3-4 DC. Roman Harper would likely need to be traded/released but...do you think he could play ILB in a 3-4? He'd be an above average ILB in coverage and he excels in run support and rushing the passer. It could actually benefit Harper. Have him Lofton and Hawthorne rotate at ILB with Harper dropping back to SS sometimes. Draft a guy like Jarvis Jones in the first and we could immediately field a pretty good defense next year.

Harper would be a wild card... hell he's a wild card now but I don't see him as a starting safety in this scheme. He's not big enough to play ing the middle of this defense but he would be extremly valuable to us in this scheme playing exactly what he's playing now... Nickel Linebacker.

In passing situations Harper could sub for Lofton or Hawthorne in nickel packages at linebacker. There is a major role on this defense in the 34 for Harper but it's just not as a starter...

The question really would be, is that cool with harper and do the saints new DC feel that value is worth Harpers cap number?

Harper could also restructure...

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end I think Harpers true value lies in a trade for draft picks... The Lions are currently shopping for a veteran Safety.

Harper would likley bring in a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Harper restructuring. I could also see him being shipped off to a team for a mid round pick. I am liking the idea of a 3-4 now though, Hicks and Jordan both could be studs at 3-4 DE, specifically Cameron Jordan. I did hear rumblings that the coaching staff isn't impressed with Spags so far and I can't seem to find how long he signed for, does anyone know?

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I could see Harper restructuring. I could also see him being shipped off to a team for a mid round pick. I am liking the idea of a 3-4 now though, Hicks and Jordan both could be studs at 3-4 DE, specifically Cameron Jordan. I did hear rumblings that the coaching staff isn't impressed with Spags so far and I can't seem to find how long he signed for, does anyone know?

Not sure about spags contract but we need a DC to come in and get these guys reacting and attacking... Spags defense the guys are thinking to much.

In the 34 the 5 is always the hardest position to fill... Hicks has tremendous potential and all we need to do is go back and watch some C. Jordan game film from Cal to see just how dominate he can be!

Defensive personeel for this scheme can be found in all rounds. Especally MLB if Lofton dosent work out inside.

Manti Te'o, KeKe Mingo, Jarvis Jones, Star Loutelei, Sam Montgomery, Dee Milliner & Eric Reid could all be playmakers in this scheme for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: