Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

One More 3 Round Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jw33d

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: One More 3 Round Mock Reply with quote

Rd1
WR Justin Hunter Tennessee

Rd2
OG Larry Warford Kentucky
LB Arthur Brown Kansas State

Rd3
CB Sanders Cummings Georgia
WR Da'Rick Rodgers Tennessee Tech

I think this would solidify our outside WRs and leave us the opportunity to pick up Watkins next year and have him play a Welkerish position in our offense. I think Warford Brown and Cummings would be solid players at each position.

bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I might throw up if that's our draft...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather take hunter in the 2nd but besides that. I wouldn't be too mad at that draft.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Hunter fan at all. He is missing that fiercness I want in my receivers. He is tall and fast, but isn't quick and doesn't have the competitive drive I want to see in my receivers. I think he will be a bust in the NFL personally.

And the other receiver has lots of talent and lots of baggage. There is no way Miami takes him in a million years unless there is some side of the story they discover that we don't know about. Let the Jets take him. lol

I don't know anything about the other guys you mentioned yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
I'm not a Hunter fan at all. He is missing that fiercness I want in my receivers. He is tall and fast, but isn't quick and doesn't have the competitive drive I want to see in my receivers. I think he will be a bust in the NFL personally.

And the other receiver has lots of talent and lots of baggage. There is no way Miami takes him in a million years unless there is some side of the story they discover that we don't know about. Let the Jets take him. lol

I think you have Justin Hunter totally wrong, but that's me.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want our first rounder to be the best available corner. Solidifyting that spot opposite Smith with someone as good or better would do wonderous things for our defense. We can already stop the run, so we could REALLY frustrate teams if their receivers could not get open on either side of the field consistently.

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
jw33d

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

Hunter gives us the best NFL WR Prospect this year. We don't need the shorter Woods or Allen, we have those guys. We need the Brandon Marshall sized WR and Hunter is that guy.

jw33d

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealMetalFan wrote:
I want our first rounder to be the best available corner. Solidifyting that spot opposite Smith with someone as good or better would do wonderous things for our defense. We can already stop the run, so we could REALLY frustrate teams if their receivers could not get open on either side of the field consistently.

If I saw Hunter falling to the 2nd I'd have us taking Banks or Rhodes in the 1st. We could always package a 2nd and 3rd for late 1st if someone falls.

dolphinologist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with what appears to be your beliefs about where this team is at.

1st the two WRs in the 1st three rounds. This is a casual fans draft. We should all know by now that the higher ranking WRs are not necessarily the WRs that fit. We should also know how this front office and offensive coaching staff views WRs in the first place. Their priority for that position is knowledge of it's responsibility within the offense and the execution of said responsibilities. And you don't need to be Andre Johnson or Da'Rick Rodgers to execute as a WR on this team. Justin Hunter seems frail.

2nd ... Unless you have a problem with Misi or there are issues with Dansby and Burnett contract wise that I'm unaware of or Lawrence Taylor is sitting there, we are not going with a 2nd round linebacker.

Sherman is being handcuffed with the guards here ... Think Jonathan Cooper if you go Guard in the 2nd round. I think Warford would be there in the 3rd or 4th along with quite a few other guards that may be more athletic. This offense calls for athletic guards who move laterally as opposed to straight ahead. The draft appears deep with guards

I guess the corner you took is cool.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jw33d wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

Hunter gives us the best NFL WR Prospect this year. We don't need the shorter Woods or Allen, we have those guys. We need the Brandon Marshall sized WR and Hunter is that guy.
Keenen allen is not short he is 6-3 205 who's strength is running slants,crossing routes and getting YAC yards he is a perfect west coast WR.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
jw33d wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

Keenen allen is not short he is 6-3 205 who's strength is running slants,crossing routes and getting YAC yards he is a perfect west coast WR.

And Hunter is a stick figure compared to Marshall. Not even close to what Marshall is. Plus Hunter isn't a physical player at all. If you want to compare Hunter then maybe you could say Randy Moss in style of play? But he is no Randy Moss in pure talent.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only pick I really liked was Arthur Brown, but I'm not sure where he fits. I like it because he is baller, I don't because he is a headcase. I like it because he adds depth, I don't because I can't trust him.

As of right this very second, and my mind changes a lot, I probably would attack the draft TODAY like this:

1. Johnathon Banks CB Miss. St. -- Give Coyle, a secondary guru, a toolsy secondary player. It's possible we lose Smith, but if we franchise him at worst we need to have a player capable of replacing him. Ideal scenario is we have another good sized corner to play across from him. I think a toolsy corner that Coyle can coach from day 1 would be huge.

2A. Johnathon Cooper OG UNC -- Like it was previously said, Sherman is being handcuffed at OG. Put Cooper on the left, and slide Richie over to the right for a year. Replace Richie next season, but I'm a Richie fan.

2B. Aaron Dobson WR Marshall -- Solid all around WR. I see a little James Jones or Domenik Hixon in him.

3A. Michael Buchanon DE Illinois -- I think he is just another good pass rusher. I think he can be a good 3rd down pass rusher, and potentially push for a starting role as he polishes his game and adds strength. I love weapons on the DL, and I think with him and Vernon we could run some interesting sets.

3B. Jelani Jenkins OLB UF -- Good speed, and can step in immediately in the nickel. We need depth badly at LB, and he is at worst a good 3rd OLB.

4. Stedman Bailey WR WV -- This is where the speed comes in. Different then our past speed experiments (Gates, Ginn) he is good route runner.

5. Kemal Ishmael S UCF -- Homer pick slightly, but he is a very good tackling safety that also can cover. Might not be the fastest guy on the field but he has the best instincts and study habits. Makes plays, and always knows where to be. Can't teach that. Excels on ST.

6. Kenny Demens ILB Michigan -- Have to keep building depth.

7. Latavius Murray RB UCF -- This kid is going to play on Sundays. I don't care who he plays against in college, he has good size at 6'2 215, is fast enough to run away from you (75,82 yard runs this season) and can block. Reminds me a lot of Foster coming out of Tenn, who I loved. Runs routes well and gets work in the slot. Soft hands.

UDFA to watch: Ray-Ray Armstrong, Quincy McDuffie (4.25 speed should get him drafted), DT

I know it's impossible to predict, more or less consider this as guys I like and if I was Ireland how I have evaluated the roster through 7 games. I see our biggest needs as WR depth (We need two more contributors, a field stretcher and a big YAC guy), starting caliber OG, more tools on defense, starting caliber corner, and LB depth. LB depth is the problem nobody is talking about.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
pope137

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you and some digging has me wanting a draft like this

1st Passrusher/DB (we need a New York 4 down lineman package that gets constant pressure )

2nd A. TE/wideout or OG

2nd B. whatever we didn't get of the 4-5 positions I listed above fill need here.

3rd A. OG/DB

3rd B. WR/ Passrusher

I would absolutely fall in love with a draft that filled those needs with our first 5 picks. All of those are major needs. And when I say DB I mean either Fs or CB or both even addressed. But Miami never sits still on draft day I expect movement. So who knows if we will gain or lose picks in the first 3 rounds.

Last point. We need to keep long/pouncey/Martin intact. That would allow us to get a guard to replace Jerry this year and replace Incognito sometime in the next 2-3 years
pope137

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone wants to fill in my draft with players based on my draft needs chart feel free to lol Smile
pope137

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphan9954 was close to what I was looking for

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: