Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears vs. Tennessee Titans GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Gabe Carimi is turning out to be a bust. The guy is just bad.
It takes time to develop an offensive tackle I don't care how good he was in college. They aren't instantly consistent and coming off a major injury does not help.

The problem with Gabe is he has been consistent. Consistently bad in pass protection. Im just wondering how long its going to take Mike Tice to do something over there. It isnt helping this offense right now and with the fun part of our schedule coming up having him at RT frightens me.

This was pointed out today while the game was going on. Its almost as if he is regressing. His run blocking which was one of his strengths just looked downright bad today.
Bear fans have no patience with the development of young players. Webb is only in his second year at LT, Carimi is really in his first AND HE IS COMING OFF AN INJURY.

Lines MUST have time together to be really good. We are in as good, if not better, shape with our Oline as is the Pack.

The basic element which we are missing is experience playing together at one position. With three new OL positions this year it will take time to perfect it.

We have been saying this for a while now. Its time to give up this argument. Some of these guys(no surprise) cant start on the offensive line. Its plain and simple. Your playing Houston and the 49ers in back to back weeks. Carimi is showing no signs of improvement. Against those teams its not a good idea to try the " let them figure it out" approach.

I rather not see Jay Cutler dead after JJ Watt runs through our offensive line because of your philosophy.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
It takes time to develop an offensive tackle I don't care how good he was in college. They aren't instantly consistent and coming off a major injury does not help.

The problem with Gabe is he has been consistent. Consistently bad in pass protection. Im just wondering how long its going to take Mike Tice to do something over there. It isnt helping this offense right now and with the fun part of our schedule coming up having him at RT frightens me.

This was pointed out today while the game was going on. Its almost as if he is regressing. His run blocking which was one of his strengths just looked downright bad today.
Bear fans have no patience with the development of young players. Webb is only in his second year at LT, Carimi is really in his first AND HE IS COMING OFF AN INJURY.

Lines MUST have time together to be really good. We are in as good, if not better, shape with our Oline as is the Pack.

The basic element which we are missing is experience playing together at one position. With three new OL positions this year it will take time to perfect it.

We have been saying this for a while now. Its time to give up this argument. Some of these guys(no surprise) cant start on the offensive line. Its plain and simple. Your playing Houston and the 49ers in back to back weeks. Carimi is showing no signs of improvement. Against those teams its not a good idea to try the " let them figure it out" approach.

I rather not see Jay Cutler dead after JJ Watt runs through our offensive line because of your philosophy.
I actually feel pretty good about JJ Watt b/c he'll be going against Lance Louis mostly.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant wait for this game, our GDT should be up soon. Yall should be worried about our pass rush, especially is Martz is still running long slow developing routes, cause the only reason we haven't been putting up crazy numbers is cause teams have gotten the ball out quickly. But even then like yesterday against Buffalo, Fitzpatrick got it out quick, but we hit him hard and often.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Cant wait for this game, our GDT should be up soon. Yall should be worried about our pass rush, especially is Martz is still running long slow developing routes, cause the only reason we haven't been putting up crazy numbers is cause teams have gotten the ball out quickly. But even then like yesterday against Buffalo, Fitzpatrick got it out quick, but we hit him hard and often.
Martz isn't here anymore dude. LOL

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Martz isn't here anymore dude. LOL

My bad meant Tice Embarassed

Welp, let the fun begin,

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14981446#14981446

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Ugh punter got em!
37 was set up for the block on the punter but was looking at Hester (probably in amazement) and let him make the tackle. Horribly blown assignment.

Geno Hayes is going to hear it in the film room for celebrating early instead of pancaking the punter.

Isn't 37 Walters.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Ugh punter got em!
37 was set up for the block on the punter but was looking at Hester (probably in amazement) and let him make the tackle. Horribly blown assignment.

Geno Hayes is going to hear it in the film room for celebrating early instead of pancaking the punter.

Isn't 37 Walters.

Yeah…it was also him who came up at a terrible angle to give Johnson the opportunity for the long TD run.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

I actually feel pretty good about JJ Watt b/c he'll be going against Lance Louis mostly.

They move JJ around alot. I think they'll go after the weakest matchup.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

He plays DE, they don't stand him up at OLB which is who the OT has responsibility for.

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

He plays DE, they don't stand him up at OLB which is who the OT has responsibility for.

I know the gap responsabilities of a 3-4 DE

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^^^
Well then you know that Gabe Carimi is not going to spend a whole lot of time blocking JJ Watt. I expect that either Forte or Rodriguez is going to be helping out on Watt a lot, the OTs are going to have to hold their own against the Texans smallish OLBs in pass pro this week.

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^
Well then you know that Gabe Carimi is not going to spend a whole lot of time blocking JJ Watt. I expect that either Forte or Rodriguez is going to be helping out on Watt a lot, the OTs are going to have to hold their own against the Texans smallish OLBs in pass pro this week.

I wouldn't call 6'4 268 (Barwin) and 6'3 257 (Reed) SMALL,plus Reed is probably the strongest Texans.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^

I wouldn't call 6'4 268 (Barwin) and 6'3 257 (Reed) SMALL,plus Reed is probably the strongest Texans.
I said Smallish, you have to understand we have 3 6'6"+ 280+ DEs that play a significant role on this team, OLBs are small.

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^

Yes I know. I meant more that they are going after Rachal.

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Here is a fact, not "philosophy", there will be NO changes to the O line this year without an injury.

You can like it, you can hate it. It doesn't matter. That is where we are right now and only coaches without a clue would change a line in the middle of the season when it is both improving and the team is winning.

However, it is amusing to see such propositions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: