Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears vs. Tennessee Titans GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
Crazy stat of the day (I think this is correct): The Bears had 37 yards of offense in the first quarter (including penalties) and scored 28 points.
54 yards of offense in the first qtr.

Including penalties.
I'm relatively certain offensive yards doesn't include penalties either direction.

That's why I wrote "including penalties" in the post. Cuz I was including penalties. Normally offensive yards don't include penalties. I don't know why this is an argument.

The point was, the offense only gained 37 yards of ground (whether by penalty or offensive yardage) and managed to score 28 points. A holding penalty gets you 10 yards away from scoring, and therefore hurts the potential for scoring, even though it doesn't count against offensive yardage.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Based on what I have seen this season I have no faith in the offense to blow up the Titans,

Bears 23

Titans 16

Cutler 17/27 228 yards 1 TD 1 INT

-Unfortunatly, this 1 TD and 1 INT is becoming the Cutler stat line.

Forte 22 carries 101 yards 1 TD

Marshall 12 catches 121 yards 1 TD

Hater Hater Hater

You sure Forte and Marshall get over 20 yards each?

And Cutty should have no troubles throwing 7 int's to the NFL's 29th worst pass defense.

Step it up WC
What the heck is that kitten doing?
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Based on what I have seen this season I have no faith in the offense to blow up the Titans,

Bears 23

Titans 16

Cutler 17/27 228 yards 1 TD 1 INT

-Unfortunatly, this 1 TD and 1 INT is becoming the Cutler stat line.

Forte 22 carries 101 yards 1 TD

Marshall 12 catches 121 yards 1 TD

Hater Hater Hater

You sure Forte and Marshall get over 20 yards each?

And Cutty should have no troubles throwing 7 int's to the NFL's 29th worst pass defense.

Step it up WC
What the heck is that kitten doing?

Just being kittastic.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Ugh punter got em!
37 was set up for the block on the punter but was looking at Hester (probably in amazement) and let him make the tackle. Horribly blown assignment.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Gabe Carimi is turning out to be a bust. The guy is just bad.
It takes time to develop an offensive tackle I don't care how good he was in college. They aren't instantly consistent and coming off a major injury does not help.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Never thought I'd EVER see the Bears have over 50 points in a game.
I saw them score the 61 against GB. Point a Minute Bears.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
It takes time to develop an offensive tackle I don't care how good he was in college. They aren't instantly consistent and coming off a major injury does not help.

The problem with Gabe is he has been consistent. Consistently bad in pass protection. Im just wondering how long its going to take Mike Tice to do something over there. It isnt helping this offense right now and with the fun part of our schedule coming up having him at RT frightens me.

This was pointed out today while the game was going on. Its almost as if he is regressing. His run blocking which was one of his strengths just looked downright bad today.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was some crazy things happening in the game today. 28 points in just over 5 minutes?! A punt block return, Urlacher had a pick-6, Forte and B Marshall got one(and we all know BM wasnt done by a long shot then) The D was being their usual selves. Tillman is one of a kind, he almost always goes in for the fumble. He had 4 today, thats crazy(and i wouldnt be surprised if he was the NFC defensive player of the week again) The offense played good(they scored 37) the D was great as always.

As far as Carimi goes, Webb as about 4 times as many starts as Carimi. Webb should be a much better player than he is now. Carimi has to learn things, and I hope to hell he gets things down. I just wish they kept Webb at RT and have us draft a LT last year or this year.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

The problem with Gabe is he has been consistent. Consistently bad in pass protection. Im just wondering how long its going to take Mike Tice to do something over there. It isnt helping this offense right now and with the fun part of our schedule coming up having him at RT frightens me.

This was pointed out today while the game was going on. Its almost as if he is regressing. His run blocking which was one of his strengths just looked downright bad today.

Agree. Also, it kind of looks to me that he is somewhat small out there. I don't know if that weight loss was good for him. It looks like he's just getting thrown around out there. Very frustrating.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we might have cost some people their jobs...

Quote:
Titans owner Bud Adams expressed extreme displeasure with the state of his team following Sunday's embarrassing, 51-20 home loss to the Bears.

"In my 50 years of owning an NFL franchise, I am at a loss to recall a regular-season home game that was such a disappointment for myself and fans of the Titans," said Adams. "We were grossly outcoached and outplayed from start to finish today. At this time, all aspects of the organization will be closely evaluated, including front office, coaches, and players over the next seven games. If performance and competitiveness does not improve, I will look at all alternatives to get back to having the Titans become a playoff and championship football team." The Titans are 3-6 and have allowed 308 points through nine games. Last year, Tennessee allowed 317 points -- all season.

IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:
Titans owner Bud Adams expressed extreme displeasure with the state of his team following Sunday's embarrassing, 51-20 home loss to the Bears.

"In my 50 years of owning an NFL franchise, I am at a loss to recall a regular-season home game that was such a disappointment for myself and fans of the Titans," said Adams. "We were grossly outcoached and outplayed from start to finish today. At this time, all aspects of the organization will be closely evaluated, including front office, coaches, and players over the next seven games. If performance and competitiveness does not improve, I will look at all alternatives to get back to having the Titans become a playoff and championship football team." The Titans are 3-6 and have allowed 308 points through nine games. Last year, Tennessee allowed 317 points -- all season.

I'm really sad that this didn't come out in a Denny Green-style rant.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

I'm really sad that this didn't come out in a Denny Green-style rant.

He's like 90 years old. A Denny level rant would kill him.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Ugh punter got em!
37 was set up for the block on the punter but was looking at Hester (probably in amazement) and let him make the tackle. Horribly blown assignment.

Geno Hayes is going to hear it in the film room for celebrating early instead of pancaking the punter.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Ugh punter got em!

Geno Hayes is going to hear it in the film room for celebrating early instead of pancaking the punter.
I saw him throw the hand up and I was screaming at him thru the tv. Get Hester in the end zone, then celebrate.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Bear fans have no patience with the development of young players. Webb is only in his second year at LT, Carimi is really in his first AND HE IS COMING OFF AN INJURY.

Lines MUST have time together to be really good. We are in as good, if not better, shape with our Oline as is the Pack.

The basic element which we are missing is experience playing together at one position. With three new OL positions this year it will take time to perfect it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: