Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9: Ryan Tannehill vs. Andrew Luck
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Fender wrote:
Do we really need to keep stating the obvious? Who doesn't know Luck is/was a better prospect. Tanny is who we have, you guys speak as if we passed on Luck? Rolling Eyes
amen dude amen get over it

Please look in the Luck/Tannehill thread and Dolphins9954 claims Luck wasn't even the best prospect in this draft.

He wasn't. He was safer prospect. RG3 is just as gifted as a passer, or if he isn't he is damn close. RG3 also has helped his team as an explosive runner.

Give it up dude. Andrew Luck was the consensus best QB prospect in the draft by everyone who matters.

At one time "everyone who matters" was debating over whether Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf should be drafted first. This is a dumb argument. "Best quarterback prospect since ___" is such a pointless false distinction because it can mean anything depending on who is saying it, and since it inherently incorporates hindsight.
Manic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i just finished watching the game and wow the defense should have to hold a press conference and apologize to phins nation for that awful performance. Apparently they forgot their game in new york.

The oline was again horrendous, tanny did pretty well considering the amount of time he was getting.

Refs calling this game were pretty bad, i knew it was gonna be a long day after that 1st colts td. If that wasnt holding i dunno what is, colts guy basically close lined/hooked a free defender going for the sack.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bothered by how the running game no longer is a factor for us. Bush had one amazing td run then was a non-factor. The lack of holding calls was ridiculous. It was like the refs let the Indy Oline do anything

FF Member #67
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not liking a lot of these DEF plays before the ball is even snapped with lots of times having the Safety cover him in pretty much zone and not even have a CB on coverage, I new spot on that's where Luck would aim immediately...Luck's very smart, we can spot out the bad coverage and such a lot like Peyton can. Sadly, I haven't seen that much in Tannehill yet.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
I'm bothered by how the running game no longer is a factor for us. Bush had one amazing td run then was a non-factor. The lack of holding calls was ridiculous. It was like the refs let the Indy Oline do anything

This is what I am struggling with.... You don't see Bush in there much and he hasn't been the same since the knee injury.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Deets wrote:

This is what I am struggling with.... You don't see Bush in there much and he hasn't been the same since the knee injury.

There was only 1 thing today that made me scratch my head thinking he might not be 100% and that was when he caught the dump-off across the middle and had room to run. He was tackled by the LB/S 1-on-1 in open space because he barely did anything to avoid him.

I thought, here's one of the most elusive RBs in the game and he can't make a guy miss when his team desperately needs it? He did the little jitter-bug move but nearly ran right into his arms. I couldn't figure out why Reggie didn't do more to keep that play moving because it looked like it could've gone for a huge gain instead of the 15-yd gain it was.

Really though, I think Reggie is doing what he can with what the O-line is providing. There are just no holes to run through and most of the success we saw today was due to tosses heading way off-LT. Our O-line just cannot open any holes for our RBs.

The sad thing is you have people in here saying Daniel Thomas is a better back because he can pick up 2 yards in those situations and Reggie gets stuffed.

Reggie Bush is miles and miles ahead of any other RB we have on the roster but he requires space to operate like Arian Foster. We aren't giving that to him. The only reason the Saints got rid of Bush was because he was a RB. Bush could be a huge asset to any team that can block.

We can't. Smile
crunk-colt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 points.. this could have just as easily been a win and you would all be elated about how good you are, talking playoffs, thinking about how bright the future looks. but now I see dolphins fans flipping out all over the place and a lot of doom and gloom.

all over 3 points. I just find it interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crunk-colt wrote:
3 points.. this could have just as easily been a win and you would all be elated about how good you are, talking playoffs, thinking about how bright the future looks. but now I see dolphins fans flipping out all over the place and a lot of doom and gloom.

Before making a comment like that, why don't you look in the team forums for every single other team that lost this week. You will see the exact same thing. What you're seeing is the statistical norm after a loss.

FF Member #67
crunk-colt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
crunk-colt wrote:

Before making a comment like that, why don't you look in the team forums for every single other team that lost this week. You will see the exact same thing. What you're seeing is the statistical norm after a loss.

oh I know, I'm not saying anything about Dolphins fans in particular. I just happened to think about it after this game. your team could suck in a year, or they could be elite. either way, I somehow doubt we will look back at a 3 point game as the turning point

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crunk-colt wrote:

Where'd this come from? I'd say most of the posters on this forum are relatively even-keel. Playoffs weren't and aren't still out of the question. Cincinnati, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Tennessee and Oakland all lost today as well.
crunk-colt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
crunk-colt wrote:

Where'd this come from? I'd say most of the posters on this forum are relatively even-keel. Playoffs weren't and aren't still out of the question. Cincinnati, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Tennessee and Oakland all lost today as well.

finheaven.com and thephins.com. again I didn't mean to single out Dolphins fans. it's just kinda funny what sports/emotion can do to someones rationality

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not that we lost, but about how horrible we looked doing it. The score may have been close but we played a lot worse than it indicates.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
crunk-colt wrote:

crunk-colt ... 99% of the posts here are pointing out specific aspects of our team that may need attention, combined with a touch of complaints about the refs. The other 1% are on a perch pointing out imaginary gloom and doom talk.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
I think they are gonna sell out to the pass. The last thing they want is a 3rd and 5 or longer. Our LBs will be tested by passes to safety nets like TEs and backs. If they are reckless enough to run on 1st and 2nd down, they will have nightmares on 3rd down.

Not bad if I do say so myself.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
I think they are gonna sell out to the pass. The last thing they want is a 3rd and 5 or longer. Our LBs will be tested by passes to safety nets like TEs and backs. If they are reckless enough to run on 1st and 2nd down, they will have nightmares on 3rd down.

Not bad if I do say so myself.

Yeah, good call.

The real question now becomes is this the recipe we'll see for the rest of the season from our opponents?

That, and of course, how bad are the Patriots going to blow us out? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: