Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: BAL Ravens @ Cleveland Browns (Week 9)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be our 2013 Ravens Defensive Coordinator?
Dean Pees (I'm clearly a Browns fan)
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Clarence Brooks (DL Coach)
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Ted Monachino (LB Coach)
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
Teryl Austin (Secondary Coach)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Out of house candidate...
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:
We are making the playoffs, I don't care how we get there. But once we are in, it's anyone's game. We've never not shown up to a playoff game in this current era of Raven football.

False. 2010 loss to the Colts. But otherwise you're right. Just get to the playoffs

Defense played really well in that game.

Yeah, Peyton couldn't stretch the field against us at all. Thinking back on it, I wonder how the rest of the second half would've gone had Ed not fumbled after that long INT return. That could've been a huge momentum swing.

Or if Frank Walker hadn't been...well...Frank Walker on the next play Sad

Or Le'Ron catches a freaking pass for an easy TD

Or the guy gets called for holding on Ray Rice late in the game

Or our offense actually does something productive...like literally anything...anything at all

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
You kicked our butt today. Why do we have to put up with an idiot like Shurmer.

I'm sure even you guys would admit better coaching for the browns would of made a difference.

I'm depressed Crying or Very sad

I personally think Brandon Weeden was the main man to point to. Didn't see open receivers, missed the ones that he did see, hell even on completions he lost you guys yardage by not leading his receivers. Not to mention that he was getting strong support from Trent Richardson all day long and was facing a defense that has struggled to rush the passer and boasts two corners that have shown they can be thrown on.

Not sure why Pat Shurmur is the villain over in the Browns forum.

I can see why. Weeden wasn't dominating and making the best reads but the fact that the Browns were so passive on offense really ruined their chances at finishing drives. They started drives in excellent field position on each drive and yet with the offensive talent they have they weren't able to field more than 20 points with those drives. Just as much as we had Cam Cameron utilizing less creative formations and going with the most simplistic run, run, pass play calling format for well over half the game... Without trying to mix things up; the Browns coaches did the same thing. It's much easier to stop the run (and pass) when the other team isn't mixing it up. I was impressed by our run defense, I was, but they were also aided by poor/conservative play calling from the opposing coaches. Weeden did miss some passes, but most d that seemed to happen in the first half. He looked pretty solid in the 2nd from what I saw. The passing attack was moving the ball against us, but Sherman figured he didn't want to test our secondary- that maybe we'd force turnovers. He played conservative and kept the offensive pace slow and simple and it helped our defense stay fresh and make stops against the run.

So Sherman and his offensive staff should be receiving a nice amount of blame for that loss. Had they been just a little more aggressive, they probably take that game... Only since the same could be said of Cameron, I think it's a push really. And we still win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

Jump to: