Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: BAL Ravens @ Cleveland Browns (Week 9)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be our 2013 Ravens Defensive Coordinator?
Dean Pees (I'm clearly a Browns fan)
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Clarence Brooks (DL Coach)
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Ted Monachino (LB Coach)
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
Teryl Austin (Secondary Coach)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Out of house candidate...
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

Dark ops

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ Raven wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Nucky wrote:
No approach is right or wrong on how you evaluate your team(As a fan).

I don't think SNA is beating himself up he is just concerned about the team going down the stretch. We underachieved big time in this game on Offense and defense.

The only thing I got from this game is were better then below average. I still cant believe were 6-2 but I'll take it. But I don't see how anyone could be excited about this team winning a superbowl based on what we have seen this season.

Exactly. I'm not like over here cutting my wrists and stuff, but it is disappointing to see this team, which is so talented and playing a HORRIBLE team, not able to play up to expectations. And then to see our HC make the same excuses and make the same statements is just disappointing to me.

And then you add in the fact that we've seen this same formula not work for 3 straight years, and yet our FO and coaching staff expect different results.

WHAT?!?!? Give me a freakin' break, man.

Have we won a Superbowl in the past 3 years? Have we seen anything really improve under Cam Cameron (aside from Flacco making obvious progressions)? I really haven't.

We have had the same mediocre offensive stats for the past 3 years now, and it's been with different WRs every year.

If you don't look at this offense now and ask yourself why we aren't putting up numbers like the Falcons are or other teams who actually have competent coordinators, you're a fool. We're going to see the same offensive prodcution (which is middle-of-the-road) as long as Cam stays. Now, if you're okay with that then move on and disregard this, however I'm not, because for 3 freaking years I've seen it come back to bite us in the playoffs, and with the type of defense we are running right now (bend but don't break, allow people to kick field goals, but we aren't going to shut anyone out and make them punt 10 times a game), we need an offense that won't "disappear" for half the game, and that's been Cam's forte for the past 3 years now.

But I'm just saying...

Atlanta is much more talented on offense than us, aside from Rice. Jones/White/Gonzo is miles and miles ahead of Smith/Boldin/Pitta.

We were a Lee Evans drop away from the SB last year and are 6-2 right now. At the end of the day, we're getting it done

This ^^^^^
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ Raven wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Nucky wrote:
No approach is right or wrong on how you evaluate your team(As a fan).

I don't think SNA is beating himself up he is just concerned about the team going down the stretch. We underachieved big time in this game on Offense and defense.

The only thing I got from this game is were better then below average. I still cant believe were 6-2 but I'll take it. But I don't see how anyone could be excited about this team winning a superbowl based on what we have seen this season.

Exactly. I'm not like over here cutting my wrists and stuff, but it is disappointing to see this team, which is so talented and playing a HORRIBLE team, not able to play up to expectations. And then to see our HC make the same excuses and make the same statements is just disappointing to me.

And then you add in the fact that we've seen this same formula not work for 3 straight years, and yet our FO and coaching staff expect different results.

WHAT?!?!? Give me a freakin' break, man.

Have we won a Superbowl in the past 3 years? Have we seen anything really improve under Cam Cameron (aside from Flacco making obvious progressions)? I really haven't.

We have had the same mediocre offensive stats for the past 3 years now, and it's been with different WRs every year.

If you don't look at this offense now and ask yourself why we aren't putting up numbers like the Falcons are or other teams who actually have competent coordinators, you're a fool. We're going to see the same offensive prodcution (which is middle-of-the-road) as long as Cam stays. Now, if you're okay with that then move on and disregard this, however I'm not, because for 3 freaking years I've seen it come back to bite us in the playoffs, and with the type of defense we are running right now (bend but don't break, allow people to kick field goals, but we aren't going to shut anyone out and make them punt 10 times a game), we need an offense that won't "disappear" for half the game, and that's been Cam's forte for the past 3 years now.

But I'm just saying...

Atlanta is much more talented on offense than us, aside from Rice. Jones/White/Gonzo is miles and miles ahead of Smith/Boldin/Pitta.

We were a Lee Evans drop away from the SB last year and are 6-2 right now. At the end of the day, we're getting it done.

Then I guess a better comparison would be the Patriots and their scheme? We don't necessarily need Atlanta's talent to put up good stats, we need a scheme that puts our players in the best position to succeed, and simply put, Cam doesn't do that.

We have one of the best slot/over-the-middle WR's in the game, and Cam neglects him most of the time, or just works him on the outside.

We have the 2nd or 3rd best RB in the game, yet Cam ignores him constantly too.

We have one of the best deep ball / dynamic WR's in the game. Oh yeah, and Jacoby Jones.

We have 2 young, dynamic, PASS CATCHING (key word) TE's

Cam should be salivating at coming up with passing schemes with all those weapons, yet all we see on gameday (after all the scripted plays are ran) is nothing but bland, boring, predictable formations and plays that get us absolutely no where.

But I hope we can manage to get it done this year with a system that's failed the previous 3 years. I really do hope we can. But that also relies on our defense not giving up touchdowns, forcing some punts/turnovers AND our offense not disappearing for 2 quarters a game at least.

Also ask yourself, are we really getting it done, or is the other team just completely choking it away when they have the chance to win a game against us? The Dallas and Cleveland games are pretty good examples of other team's choking big time when we essentially handed them a win. Can't expect that to happen in the playoffs against New England, Houston, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are making the playoffs, I don't care how we get there. But once we are in, it's anyone's game. We've never not shown up to a playoff game in this current era of Raven football.
StRawz11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ Raven wrote:
We are making the playoffs, I don't care how we get there. But once we are in, it's anyone's game. We've never not shown up to a playoff game in this current era of Raven football.

False. 2010 loss to the Colts. But otherwise you're right. Just get to the playoffs

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm noticing a trend of looking fantastic to start a game. Then looking awful in the 2nd quarter but still managing to end up not letting too much damage be done. Still looking bad on offense in the 3rd but a little better although not good on defense. Having let our opponent right back into it late and then managing to get the win w/good situational football at the end.

It's like we have winning by the absolute minimum down to an art.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:

False. 2010 loss to the Colts. But otherwise you're right. Just get to the playoffs

Defense played really well in that game.
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:

False. 2009 loss to the Colts. But otherwise you're right. Just get to the playoffs

FIFY Laughing

2010 is the year I said Superbowl or we wouldn't get one at all. I'm so bitter about that year. Until Harbaugh wins one, I'll never forgive him!

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:

False. 2009 loss to the Colts. But otherwise you're right. Just get to the playoffs

FIFY Laughing

2010 is the year I said Superbowl or we wouldn't get one at all. I'm so bitter about that year. Until Harbaugh wins one, I'll never forgive him!
I feel the same about the year after. I think we were going to beat the Giants last February if we got past the Pats at Foxboro. I had no doubt in my mind that if we could beat Brady at his place there was no stopping us.

The year before was heartbreaking for sure, but in the end I think even if we got past Pittsburgh (and beat the Jets at home the week after) we probably would have lost to the Packers in the Super Bowl.

And as far as holding Harbaugh accountable, I think there's a much stronger case for him undermining us in the Pats game as opposed to the Steelers one the year before. The Steelers loss came down to Flacco looking completely overwhelmed by the situation (remember when he ran out of bounds for a loss of like 5 yards when James Harrison came running after him?) and some killer drops sealing the deal (Boldin for a TD, then Housh on the last drive). And while Cundiff and Evans were the main culprits in knocking us out, I'm not going to forgive Harbaugh for seemingly mismanaging the clock at the end of that game and not having a great handle on the situation. Who knows, maybe Cundiff forces OT if we call a timeout instead of rushing on to the field to kick that FG.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I'm noticing a trend of looking fantastic to start a game. Then looking awful in the 2nd quarter but still managing to end up not letting too much damage be done. Still looking bad on offense in the 3rd but a little better although not good on defense. Having let our opponent right back into it late and then managing to get the win w/good situational football at the end.

That we do. Also, on an unrelated note, a guy over at ProFootballFocus is apparently writing some column about Flacco, and apparently his binder of Flacco notes has the title "Con Artist". Can't wait to read what this guy has to say about Flacco.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

This has been happening at an alarming rate since 2010.

2010 vs Browns - Up 14-3 late in the 2nd quarter, fall behind 17-14 before winning 24-17
2010 at Patriots - Up 20-10 early in the 4th, choke
2010 vs Bills - Up 34-24 in the 4th, nearly blow the game and win in OT
2010 at Texans - Up 28-7 in the 3rd, utterly collapse before winning in OT
2010 vs Bengals - Up 13-0 in the 4th, 2 yards away from losing when time expires
2010 at Steelers - Ugh
2011 vs Bengals - Up 31-14 in the 4th, nearly blown in several different ways
2011 vs Browns - Up 20-0 late in the 3rd, Browns get the ball with a chance to win at the end
2011 at Bengals - Up 17-3 late in the 3rd, Bengals have a chance to tie it as time expires
2011 vs Texans - 17-3 2nd quarter lead nearly evaporates immediately, defense has to scrape and claw to hold on
2012 at Eagles - 17-7 halftime lead quickly vanishes, Ravens can't hold on at the end
2012 vs Browns - 23-10 lead at the end of the 3rd is narrowed, Browns have a chance to tie as time expires
2012 vs Cowboys - 24-13 lead in the 3rd nearly falls, we need missed field goal at the end to hold on
2012 at Browns - Dominating 14-0 lead slowly but surely evaporates until we get back into gear at the end

That's nearly a full season's worth of games that all follow an oddly specific pattern. One in every 2.5 games. Crazy.

I'd say we were lucky to win nearly all of these games if I wasn't so convinced that we just stop caring when we have a "comfortable" lead, only to return to manhandling our opponent when we get our kick in the pants.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
RavensfanRD wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:

FIFY Laughing

I feel the same about the year after. I think we were going to beat the Giants last February if we got past the Pats at Foxboro. I had no doubt in my mind that if we could beat Brady at his place there was no stopping us.

The year before was heartbreaking for sure, but in the end I think even if we got past Pittsburgh (and beat the Jets at home the week after) we probably would have lost to the Packers in the Super Bowl.

And as far as holding Harbaugh accountable, I think there's a much stronger case for him undermining us in the Pats game as opposed to the Steelers one the year before. The Steelers loss came down to Flacco looking completely overwhelmed by the situation (remember when he ran out of bounds for a loss of like 5 yards when James Harrison came running after him?) and some killer drops sealing the deal (Boldin for a TD, then Housh on the last drive). And while Cundiff and Evans were the main culprits in knocking us out, I'm not going to forgive Harbaugh for seemingly mismanaging the clock at the end of that game and not having a great handle on the situation. Who knows, maybe Cundiff forces OT if we call a timeout instead of rushing on to the field to kick that FG.

Agreed. Last season I thought it was our year. Suggs guaranteed we were going to win the Super Bowl in the only training camp practice open to the public... It was my first time being able to go to a training camp practice or M&T bank. The team played down to their opponents but always brought it for the big matches. We had top 5 talents at each level of the defense. Offense was more explosive. The stars seemed like they were aligning. And when we got the Pats- I KNEW we would win... When the Jimmy Smith got that interception.. I KNEW we would win, when Lee Evans "caught" the ball I KNEW we were going to win. And when we had the field goal to tie, I could see overtime.. I could see our momentum.. I KNEW we would pull win... Only we didn't.

That game was unquestionably the most crushing loss I've experienced. It was reminiscent of the feeling I had in my senior year of high school when we lost in the playoffs. After that AFCCG loss I was totally down and out for well over a week. Until sometime after the Super Bowl. I don't think any loss could feel worse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
RavensfanRD wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:

FIFY Laughing

Agreed. Last season I thought it was our year. Suggs guaranteed we were going to win the Super Bowl in the only training camp practice open to the public... It was my first time being able to go to a training camp practice or M&T bank. The team played down to their opponents but always brought it for the big matches. We had top 5 talents at each level of the defense. Offense was more explosive. The stars seemed like they were aligning. And when we got the Pats- I KNEW we would win... When the Jimmy Smith got that interception.. I KNEW we would win, when Lee Evans "caught" the ball I KNEW we were going to win. And when we had the field goal to tie, I could see overtime.. I could see our momentum.. I KNEW we would pull win... Only we didn't.

That game was unquestionably the most crushing loss I've experienced. It was reminiscent of the feeling I had in my senior year of high school when we lost in the playoffs. After that AFCCG loss I was totally down and out for well over a week. Until sometime after the Super Bowl. I don't think any loss could feel worse.

I'm sorry but reading the bolded part, this is what I was saying in my mind:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:

FIFY Laughing

It was the 2009-2010 season correct? I'm pretty sure the game was in 2010

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
dcarey20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
You kicked our butt today. Why do we have to put up with an idiot like Shurmer.

I'm sure even you guys would admit better coaching for the browns would of made a difference.

I'm depressed Crying or Very sad

I personally think Brandon Weeden was the main man to point to. Didn't see open receivers, missed the ones that he did see, hell even on completions he lost you guys yardage by not leading his receivers. Not to mention that he was getting strong support from Trent Richardson all day long and was facing a defense that has struggled to rush the passer and boasts two corners that have shown they can be thrown on.

Not sure why Pat Shurmur is the villain over in the Browns forum.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:

Defense played really well in that game.

Yeah, Peyton couldn't stretch the field against us at all. Thinking back on it, I wonder how the rest of the second half would've gone had Ed not fumbled after that long INT return. That could've been a huge momentum swing.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: