Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: BAL Ravens @ Cleveland Browns (Week 9)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be our 2013 Ravens Defensive Coordinator?
Dean Pees (I'm clearly a Browns fan)
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Clarence Brooks (DL Coach)
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Ted Monachino (LB Coach)
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
Teryl Austin (Secondary Coach)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Out of house candidate...
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I too was pleasantly happy with our run defense today. They weren't really "Gashed" like we've seen in prior games, but they didn't stifle Trent at all. But I mean he's a good RB so I'm not expecting us to do that. They held him in check and didn't allow long TD runs. That's progress and I like that.

As for Webb going out, you can most definitely see the drop since he's been gone. Jimmy Smith looks like a solid bust at CB right now because he's playing THAT bad. Corey Graham I thought had a good game today. He missed a couple of INT's but he's right there in coverage and with more playing time he could definitely make a case for a starting spot if Smith continues to struggle. However, our pass defense went from being our strong-suit to being arguably our weakest link now that Webb is gone and we have absolutely zero pass rush.

I don't agree with this. Smith isn't getting beat consistently in coverage it just seems like there's 1 or 2 plays a game where he has mental lapse
s.

He's consistently beat by double moves, he's the most penalized corner in the league I think (I think he's now passed Brandon Browner), and he has no INT's. Doesn't get much worse than that, and I don't think I've seen him make any good coverage plays this year aside from the first Browns game where he made a nice breakup to save a TD.

I had very very high expectations for Smith coming out of the draft and last year I thought him getting beat on double moves was just "rookie" stuff, but it's just carried over this year. He has no idea where to end his press-coverage, he has no idea how to play double moves, and he has no idea how to play off-coverage. That has to be some knock on the coaching but also just something Smith has to solve himself in terms of awareness on the field.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing, what happened to Jacoby Jones? I feel like ever since he took over the punt and kick return duties he hasn't seen many snaps in 3wr formations. Our offense runs best with Smith and Jacoby on the outside with Boldin in the slot.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MilleniumD2000 wrote:
One more thing, what happened to Jacoby Jones? I feel like ever since he took over the punt and kick return duties he hasn't seen many snaps in 3wr formations. Our offense runs best with Smith and Jacoby on the outside with Boldin in the slot.

Cam probably feels that Jones can't do all of that, so they just put him on Special Teams...

Either way, I'm wondering where he's been too because he was electric when he was on the field, then suddenly he's not there anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
He's consistently beat by double moves, he's the most penalized corner in the league I think (I think he's now passed Brandon Browner), and he has no INT's. Doesn't get much worse than that, and I don't think I've seen him make any good coverage plays this year aside from the first Browns game where he made a nice breakup to save a TD.

I had very very high expectations for Smith coming out of the draft and last year I thought him getting beat on double moves was just "rookie" stuff, but it's just carried over this year. He has no idea where to end his press-coverage, he has no idea how to play double moves, and he has no idea how to play off-coverage. That has to be some knock on the coaching but also just something Smith has to solve himself in terms of awareness on the field.

Yet he's not consistently giving up big plays or even easy plays. Like I said there's a couple of mental lapses a game (either a penalty or getting beat) but overall Smith has played well considering the amount of time he has to cover on nearly every play.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Yet he's not consistently giving up big plays or even easy plays. Like I said there's a couple of mental lapses a game (either a penalty or getting beat) but overall Smith has played well considering the amount of time he has to cover on nearly every play.

Idk, I've seen more than a 'couple' of mental lapses / blown coverages a game with him It's more like 4-5 blown coverages per game, 1 penalty, and a few missed tackles.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You kicked our butt today. Why do we have to put up with an idiot like Shurmer.

I'm sure even you guys would admit better coaching for the browns would of made a difference.

I'm depressed Crying or Very sad

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I agree. He isn't getting torched by any means, just simply having 1 or 2 lapses a game which he needs to clean up. It's just unfortunate that those lapses have come by way of double moves which when beat is pretty darn obvious and hurts us a lot.

But SnA, you're very much overexaggerating it. 4-5 blown coverages a game? Maybe in SD last season, but not since. If he were getting THAT torched, everyone would be jumping all over him -- he's not. Heck, Cary Williams is getting torched worse than Jimmy, but Cary is grabbing a few INTs here and there which I'm sure is making a lot of people overlook how clownish he has looked on a few plays, far worse than Jimmy has.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
Death threats aside, he has a point. What's the point of being a fan if you're just going to make yourself miserable even after wins? And not just this win either, pretty much all of them. Our fan base is seriously messed up.

Never thought I'd use the phrase "death threats aside." Huh.
This forum, particularly as far as Gameday is concerned, has become unbearable. It's hard to look forward to chatting with people who wake up on Sundays fired up about finding ways to complain.

People need to lighten up. Enjoy life a little.

100% agreed. It's turning into WNST where no matter what happens, someone wants to complain -- and not by way of having logical discussions, but by throwing hissy fit, "the sky is falling" type tantrums and demanding heads.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Nucky wrote:
No approach is right or wrong on how you evaluate your team(As a fan).

I don't think SNA is beating himself up he is just concerned about the team going down the stretch. We underachieved big time in this game on Offense and defense.

The only thing I got from this game is were better then below average. I still cant believe were 6-2 but I'll take it. But I don't see how anyone could be excited about this team winning a superbowl based on what we have seen this season.

Exactly. I'm not like over here cutting my wrists and stuff, but it is disappointing to see this team, which is so talented and playing a HORRIBLE team, not able to play up to expectations. And then to see our HC make the same excuses and make the same statements is just disappointing to me.

And then you add in the fact that we've seen this same formula not work for 3 straight years, and yet our FO and coaching staff expect different results.

WHAT?!?!? Give me a freakin' break, man.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Integrity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thing that worries me the most regarding this game is that its the second game in a row where the Ravens decided to play the first quarter and then call it quits. I don't know where the blame belongs. Coordinators? Players failing to execute? Most likely both. Sure we as fans kind of expected to lose to the Texans and we also expected to win against the Browns. But it bothers the crap out of me that the first quarter is played so well, then the rest of the game is unbearable to even watch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

I agree. He isn't getting torched by any means, just simply having 1 or 2 lapses a game which he needs to clean up. It's just unfortunate that those lapses have come by way of double moves which when beat is pretty darn obvious and hurts us a lot.

But SnA, you're very much overexaggerating it. 4-5 blown coverages a game? Maybe in SD last season, but not since. If he were getting THAT torched, everyone would be jumping all over him -- he's not. Heck, Cary Williams is getting torched worse than Jimmy, but Cary is grabbing a few INTs here and there which I'm sure is making a lot of people overlook how clownish he has looked on a few plays, far worse than Jimmy has.

That sort of stuff comes with experience, I'd say. He's not going to be susceptible to double moves for his whole career, but at this point he's only halfway through his second season, after missing a big portion of his first, and not really having any training camps due to the lockout, and then being nagged by injury this last off-season.

Jimmy Smith is playing below his potential right now, I think that's obvious. But he has shown flashes of fulfilling that potential, and I think he can get there, given time.

Cary Williams doesn't have the same potential, and I think that how he's playing at the moment is as good as he's going to get. He's doing a decent job, and seems to have developed a sense for when to go for the pick, but will always get burned for a few plays per game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Heck, Cary Williams is getting torched worse than Jimmy, but Cary is grabbing a few INTs here and there which I'm sure is making a lot of people overlook how clownish he has looked on a few plays, far worse than Jimmy has.

This is exactly it. Cary has only looked good when he can drop back in zone and the ball comes to him, but he has no ability to find the ball when he's in man coverage. Jimmy Smith's man coverage skills are definitely better than Cary. Maybe we could move Cary Williams to safety when Ed Reed retires?
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
I think the thing that worries me the most regarding this game is that its the second game in a row where the Ravens decided to play the first quarter and then call it quits. I don't know where the blame belongs. Coordinators? Players failing to execute? Most likely both. Sure we as fans kind of expected to lose to the Texans and we also expected to win against the Browns. But it bothers the crap out of me that the first quarter is played so well, then the rest of the game is unbearable to even watch.

Yeah it's probably both. The plays being called aren't doing the players any favors but they're not executing anything consistently (especially on offense) and it just seems like a never-ending cycle. I do think the offense will eventually come around but I don't have much hope for the defense unless Suggs starts to really make an impact as a pass-rusher and the run-defense settles down.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Nucky wrote:

I don't think SNA is beating himself up he is just concerned about the team going down the stretch. We underachieved big time in this game on Offense and defense.

The only thing I got from this game is were better then below average. I still cant believe were 6-2 but I'll take it. But I don't see how anyone could be excited about this team winning a superbowl based on what we have seen this season.

Exactly. I'm not like over here cutting my wrists and stuff, but it is disappointing to see this team, which is so talented and playing a HORRIBLE team, not able to play up to expectations. And then to see our HC make the same excuses and make the same statements is just disappointing to me.

And then you add in the fact that we've seen this same formula not work for 3 straight years, and yet our FO and coaching staff expect different results.

Have we won a Superbowl in the past 3 years? Have we seen anything really improve under Cam Cameron (aside from Flacco making obvious progressions)? I really haven't.

We have had the same mediocre offensive stats for the past 3 years now, and it's been with different WRs every year.

If you don't look at this offense now and ask yourself why we aren't putting up numbers like the Falcons are or other teams who actually have competent coordinators, you're a fool. We're going to see the same offensive prodcution (which is middle-of-the-road) as long as Cam stays. Now, if you're okay with that then move on and disregard this, however I'm not, because for 3 freaking years I've seen it come back to bite us in the playoffs, and with the type of defense we are running right now (bend but don't break, allow people to kick field goals, but we aren't going to shut anyone out and make them punt 10 times a game), we need an offense that won't "disappear" for half the game, and that's been Cam's forte for the past 3 years now.

But I'm just saying...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Nucky wrote:

Have we won a Superbowl in the past 3 years? Have we seen anything really improve under Cam Cameron (aside from Flacco making obvious progressions)? I really haven't.

We have had the same mediocre offensive stats for the past 3 years now, and it's been with different WRs every year.

If you don't look at this offense now and ask yourself why we aren't putting up numbers like the Falcons are or other teams who actually have competent coordinators, you're a fool. We're going to see the same offensive prodcution (which is middle-of-the-road) as long as Cam stays. Now, if you're okay with that then move on and disregard this, however I'm not, because for 3 freaking years I've seen it come back to bite us in the playoffs, and with the type of defense we are running right now (bend but don't break, allow people to kick field goals, but we aren't going to shut anyone out and make them punt 10 times a game), we need an offense that won't "disappear" for half the game, and that's been Cam's forte for the past 3 years now.

But I'm just saying...

Atlanta is much more talented on offense than us, aside from Rice. Jones/White/Gonzo is miles and miles ahead of Smith/Boldin/Pitta.

We were a Lee Evans drop away from the SB last year and are 6-2 right now. At the end of the day, we're getting it done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: