Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: BAL Ravens @ Cleveland Browns (Week 9)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be our 2013 Ravens Defensive Coordinator?
Dean Pees (I'm clearly a Browns fan)
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Clarence Brooks (DL Coach)
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Ted Monachino (LB Coach)
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
Teryl Austin (Secondary Coach)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Out of house candidate...
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: GDT: BAL Ravens @ Cleveland Browns (Week 9) Reply with quote

Baltimore Ravens

Cleveland Browns

Feature:
It appears, we have a meeting of Joe's in this game. The former Joe is coming off of his worst (statistical) performance of the season with a lot to prove (to some). The latter Joe was a healthy scratch from the previous Ravens-Browns matchup due to a four game suspension.

You have to understand, Joe Haden could only sit and watch his team as they struggled to usurp a Baltimore team that looked to play the game with a lack of motivation and were just trying to escape the trap game with a win in hand. Through all the emotion, the almost come from behind win, Haden waited- cursing his fate- wishing that he could provide help to his team. But now Joe Haden is back from suspension and he finally gets his chance to play the Baltimore Ravens in 2012.. at home... and he's excited by the opportunity, he's completely focused, so excited and so focused in fact that one might think his upbeat personality and speedy ways are shining through.

And that Joe Flacco character? He doesn't want to hear it. He's the best QB in the NFL... he knows it.. and he's cool. You say he's not? He can't hear you. But if he could, you know what he might say? He might say that he has torched teams for a career 102.2 QBR after losses. He might say that the Ravens team will be coming out gunning after the bye week... in which they've never lost a game under his tenure in Baltimore. He'd say that there is no way his offense scores less points than that old man QB on the other side of the ball. He'd say he loves salmon, but prefers a nice chicken salad before the game. And he'd say that he's a baller and the Cleveland Browns can't stop him and that he has two words for them...

Where: Cleveland Browns Stadium
When: November 4, 2012- 1:00 PM EST
TV: CBS and DirecTV Ch. 709
Weather: 55- Should be much better weather than the previous game. Doesn't look to be any rain showers, just partly cloud. At worse the winds could play a factor, but otherwise it should be smooth sailing.

Quote:
Stat Report (OFFENSE):
BAL Ravens
Total - 355.1 yds/g (16th), 5.8 yds/play (8th); 24.9 PPG (11th)
Passing- 251.0 yds/g (13th); 9 TDs (20th); 6 INT (11th)
Rusing - 104.1 yds/g (19th); 4.7 ypc (T-5th); 7 TDs (T-7th); Att/g- 22.1 (30th)

CLE Browns
Total - 314.8 yds/g (29th), 5.1 yds/play (26th); 19.2 PPG (25th)
Passing- 228.9 yds/g (19th); 9 TDs (20th); 10 INTs (28th)
Rushing- 85.9 yds/g (29th); 3.9 ypc (T-19th), 6 TDs (T-9th), Att/g- 22.2 (29th)

Quote:
Stat Report (DEFENSE):
BAL Ravens
Total: 400.0 yds/g (28th); Yds/Play- 5.4 (19th);
Breakdown: 23 PPG (17th); 7.5 Yds/Pass (23rd); 4.0 ypc (T-12th)
Impact: 12 sacks (24th); 7 INT (T-13th); 5 FUM (20th)
TDs Scored: 2 INT (T-4th)

CLE Browns
Total: 392.4 yds/g (26th); Yds/Play- 5.5 (20th)
Breakdown: 23.2 PPG (19th); 6.9 Yds/Pass (T-12th); 4.4 ypc (T-22nd)
Impact: 19 sacks (T-12th); 10 INTs (3rd); 5 FUM (20th)
TDs Scored: 2 INT (T-4th)

ESPN Picks:
N/A

Quote:
Purple Keys to the Game:
1. OL Protection- In the last matchup the Browns front 7 dominated our offensive line to get to Flacco. Ramon Harewood in particular was abused by Billy Winn all game long. Sheard caused KO some troubles on the edge as well. The offensive line will have to step up their performance in this game if our offense is to get into any kind of sufficient rhythm and score the ball like we'd expect from a unit that has top 10 potential.

2. Ray Rice Running for the Ravens- This is simple but it's also complicated. It's simple because Ray Rice is a dynamic offensive option that produces when given the football. We have the best fullback in the game and we have a backup RB that is popping off 5.3 ypc. Our running game is the 5th most efficient unit in the NFL... and Ray Rice is a big part of that. Yet it's complicated because we have Cam Cameron as our offensive coordinator. And when you look at our rushing attempts average... we're 30th in the league. So to repeat that we're top 5 in rushing efficiency but bottom 5 in rushing attempts... you have to look no further than Cam Cameron to understand that particular logic.

3. Will the real secondary please stand up?- Brandon Weeden had a pretty good game against our secondary the last time around. And that was with our top 5-10 corner Lardarius Webb. That was also before Josh Gordon began to break out recently with the Browns. So Jimmy Smith is going to have to learn to stop biting on double moves because you'd better bet that the Browns have read the scouting report and will be looking to target him deep off play action. Smith has to stay within himself and trust his teammates to make plays up front (I know... I wouldn't trust them either). On the other side of the ball Cary Williams has to stop allowing 8 yard completions because he can't get his head around. He's been better recently, but better needs to be good. We know we should have good safety play as we have a top 3 safety unit in the NFL, but our corners will have to step up and play up to their potential.

Quote:
Jedi Knights of the day:
1. Terrell Suggs- Missing in the opening was about how Suggs missed the previous game. What better way is there to introduce a 29 year old rookie to the NFL and the AFCN than to have your DPOY sack him a few times and instill in him the fear of the football gods? Weeden had virtually all the time he needed to throw the football last game because we really only had Ngata to rush the passer. Now with Suggs back, Ngata sees less double teams... and the rest of our players should see less pressure their way. Suggs impact will be key to sparking a better pass rush from the team. Hopefully he'll be able to remain healthy and see no setbacks.

2. Courtney Upshaw- Trent Richardson just went off last week for over 120 yards rushing... we saw last game that once he gets to the second level he is a load to bring down. Courtney Upshaw, with Suggs back, should have a defender opposite him to keep runners from exposing that edge. So Upshaw could see more attention coming his way. He'll need to continue to do a great job of setting the edge and in pursuit of plays. We'll need to stop Richardson from getting going by getting to him early and remaining stout up front is our best bet in stopping his impact.

3. Vonta Leach- Why Vonta Leach? Well it's simple really. Leach is going to have a huge impact on the game if he's seeing snaps. And if Leach is seeing snaps it means that we've elected to start running the football. And if we've elected to start running the football both Rice and Pierce should prove to be an incredibly tough combination of runners to stop. And if both Rice and Pierce are racking up the yards against a Browns defensive unit that is currently ranked 22nd in the NFL in run defense efficiency... then it means Cam's penchant for running play action passes (even when he's not running the football) could actually trick the defense and we can have some success down the field off of it. Vonta Leach seeing a nice amount snaps is key to any hope of offensive balance on this team.

Sith Lord's to Avoid:
1. Dean Pees- Wha-? "But he's a Raven." Cool story bro. Dean Pees is clearly a mole sent from the Pats to infiltrate the Ravens team and destroy it's once elite defense. In fact our win the previous game was only thanks to the efforts of Torrey Smith and Justin Tucker being better than Pees Sithlord abilities. Pees is trying to destroy the Ravens season one step at a time... and he won't stop until his work is finished. There is no chance that Pees calls a good game here, but somehow our defensive players are going to have to resist The Dark Side and start balling out... somehow.

2. Brandon Weeden- Weeden has proven to be inconsistent this season, yes. But he's also proven that he can rack up the yards against our defense... and rack them up in bunches. He's going to have an emerging receiving target at his disposal and he'll be at home this time around. An inconsistent QBs best friend is the home crowd and comfort... if the Browns want to beat the Ravens, Weeden is their biggest hope. He has the ability to lead the Browns to enough points to get it done. The Ravens will have to give him difficult looks, get pressure on him, hit him, and make him force passes into tight windows. Our defense is going to have to try and do more than simply contain him for a few drives, they need to smash his confidence and force him into some key interceptions.

3. Jabaal Sheard- Sheard should always be a feared player on the Browns. His explosiveness off the edge. It has caused problems for both Oher in 2011 and KO this past game. We're going to need to contain him off the edge so as to give Flacco a nice pocket to operate out of. If Flacco stay clean, he's proven he can make plays.

Quote:
Injury Report:
BAL RAVENS
LIMITED PRACTICE
N/A

CLE Browns
DNP
Week 8
Scott Fujita (shoulder/neck)- LB
Dimitri Patterson (ankle)- DB
Ahtyba Rubin (calf)- DL

LP
Week 8
Mohammed Massaquoi (hamstring)- WR
Tashaun Gipson (knee)- DB
Trent Richardson (rib/chest)- RB
Ray Ventrone (hand/calf)- DB

Will the Ravens maintain their undefeated streak after a bye? What say you men?! What say you?! Discuss.

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REX! Go 'head and hate!

If Bo Pelini gets fired from Nebraska he'd be great.

I'm really reaching here. But like I've said before, I don't have faith in Harbaugh ever firing anyone.

Free Ray Rice
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and he's excited by the opportunity, he's completely focused, so excited and so focused in fact that one might think his upbeat personality and speedy ways are shining through.

As far as this game, say what you want about the Ravens, Harbaugh, etc. but they ARE good coming off byes. I fully expect this team to come out and take out some frustration on this Browns team. I want to see them beat this team and continue to beat on them to shove their faces in it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
REX! Go 'head and hate!

I'm really reaching here. But like I've said before, I don't have faith in Harbaugh ever firing anyone.

Get Rex Ryan and Andy Reid on staff as coordinators Razz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
REX! Go 'head and hate!

I hate to say this, but I....I....miss Rex Crying or Very sad

I want his defense back, but I want someone else, preferrably someone who's not a huge media-craving *insert word for Big Ben here*. Someone who will bring back Organized Chaos and actually use our players correctly, because I'm tired of seeing Jimmy Smith on the field like "Why do I have to play off-man every dang play?!".

I too am convinced that Pees is a sithlord sent over from BB's Pats to infiltrate us, and dang he's done a good job of it!

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give you another one that some will love and others might hate but would probably take the job the second we call. Eric Mangini.

On to Sunday! We're coming off the bye. I think this is where we finally flex our muscles. Sizzle having practiced for three weeks and paye in a game, I think our front seven goes beast mode.

Ravens 30, Browns 10

I finally got into the house sitting game so this is more than likely going to be the first one I miss in two years. Crying or Very sad

Free Ray Rice
StRawz11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Ravens win, but not by much. Just don't have much faith in this team right now

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I'll give you another one that some will love and others might hate but would probably take the job the second we call. Eric Mangini.

On to Sunday! We're coming off the bye. I think this is where we finally flex our muscles. Sizzle having practiced for three weeks and paye in a game, I think our front seven goes beast mode.

Ravens 30, Browns 10

I finally got into the house sitting game so this is more than likely going to be the first one I miss in two years. Crying or Very sad

How do you normally watch the games? If you have sunday ticket you can stream online. That's what I did when I travelled to NC for a weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

278/434 (64.1%), 3508 yards (8.1 YPA), 22 TD's, 4 INT's, 102.2 QBR

Whoa... Needless to say, back-to-back losses aren't Joe's thing.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Ravens 30, Browns 10

How do you normally watch the games? If you have sunday ticket you can stream online. That's what I did when I travelled to NC for a weekend.

Can I stream to someone elses home computer? I'm way behind society on streaming.

Free Ray Rice
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Ravens 30, Browns 10

Can I stream to someone elses home computer? I'm way behind society on streaming.

Yep, you just can't be streaming to multiple devices at once. For example, I was watching the game on my laptop, then tried to bring it up on our hosts to put the games on their tv. It would not let me until I logged off directv.com on my comp. Once I did that, though, we were good to go.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^Thanks bro. Good to know.

Free Ray Rice
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Ravens bounce back nicely this week. Not quite the blowout that I'd like, but perform well.

Ravens 27
Browns 17

Flacco: 18/29, 268 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
Rice: 14 rushes, 69 yards; 3 rec, 22 yards, TD
Boldin: 4 rec, 47 yards
Smith: 3 rec, 62 yards, TD
Pitta: 5 rec, 55 yards

Ngata: 1 sack, 1 FF
Suggs: 1 sack
Jimmy Smith: INT

Bold prediction: Bernard Pierce has his best game of the season: 7 carries, 82 yards, including a 56 yard rush for a TD in the 2nd quarter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're doing predictions:

Flacco: 22/31, 290 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT (108.27 Rating)
Rice: 15 carries, 80 yards, 5.33 ypc, 1 TD, 5 catches, 60 yards
Pierce: 7 carries, 31 yards, 4.43 ypc
Smith: 1 rush, 6 yards, 4 catches, 80 yards, TD
Pitta: 6 catches, 70 yards, TD
Boldin: 5 catches, 55 yards
Jones: 1 rush, -2 yards, 2 catches, 25 yards
Tucker: 3 FG's

Notable Defense:
Suggs 1 sack
Reed 1 INT

Final Score: 30 - 13 Ravens

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Weeden's at the Cavs game right now. Isn't it passed his bed time?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

Jump to: