Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How has Brandon Lloyd done so far this season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a boss who only gets 20-30% of snaps even though they have a revolving door at the 2nd WR spot.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloyd has caught 37 of 69 passes thrown to him. That's 53.6%. That means the majority of attempts in his direction have not been high-percentage passes a-la what Welker typically catches. That's fine. We expected he'd be the guy called upon to go deep and catch those back-shoulder throws in tight coverage.

The problem is, he's only averaging 11.8 yards per catch. That's less than Welker [12.3] and way less than Gronk [13.5]. In other words, the stretch-the-field guy is generating less yardage than the work-the-middle guys. And I think a lot of that is due to the fact that he just does not get any YAC. He's the softest receiver the Pats have had since Terry Glenn. We all bitched about how soft Branch had become over the last couple of years, but Lloyd is even worse. Brady obviously likes him [he's the 12th most targeted receiver in the league], but I'm not sure Belichick is on board with him long-term because of that unwillingness to take a hit.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Sciz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Lloyd has caught 37 of 69 passes thrown to him. That's 53.6%. That means the majority of attempts in his direction have not been high-percentage passes a-la what Welker typically catches. That's fine. We expected he'd be the guy called upon to go deep and catch those back-shoulder throws in tight coverage.

The problem is, he's only averaging 11.8 yards per catch. That's less than Welker [12.3] and way less than Gronk [13.5]. In other words, the stretch-the-field guy is generating less yardage than the work-the-middle guys. And I think a lot of that is due to the fact that he just does not get any YAC. He's the softest receiver the Pats have had since Terry Glenn. We all bitched about how soft Branch had become over the last couple of years, but Lloyd is even worse. Brady obviously likes him [he's the 12th most targeted receiver in the league], but I'm not sure Belichick is on board with him long-term because of that unwillingness to take a hit.
That's not new, though. That's how he is. It didn't stop him from having 1400 yards two seasons ago. Belichick and company knew perfectly well that Lloyd wasn't a YAC guy before signing him, and signed him anyway.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

That's not new, though. That's how he is. It didn't stop him from having 1400 yards two seasons ago. Belichick and company knew perfectly well that Lloyd wasn't a YAC guy before signing him, and signed him anyway.
They signed him, I think, largely because of Josh McDaniels' influence. As long as McDaniels is here, Lloyd stays. But given the gaudy numbers the offense is putting up, there's plenty of reason to anticipate McDaniels will once again be in demand [as either an OC or HC] once the coaching carousel starts moving this coming offseason. And if McDaniels is gone, I expect Lloyd to go with him.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else praying for a Greg Jennings signing next year? Especially if Wes is gone?

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Anyone else praying for a Greg Jennings signing next year? Especially if Wes is gone?
Would love it [honestly, the Pats should've drafted him instead of Chad Jackson in '06].
But it probably won't happen. He'll most likely rejoin Joe Philbin in Miami, unless someone really breaks the bank for him, which the Pats are very unlikely to do.

BlaqOptic wrote:
GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really looking forward to Hernandez, Gronk, Wes and Lloyd all playing off one another. It hasn't happened yet since Aaron has been out basically for a chunk of the year. But once it does Lloyds output likely skyrockets.

His best game with us so far has been that Ravens game. Spectacular game from him that night. Mostly up season but has had some downs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

Your expectations and perception of Lloyd is way off base. He's being used as the intermediate outside the numbers/deep in WR right now, who goes deep once in a while, one of clearly which we're lacking. I honestly don't think the offense has any emphasis to be a vertical passing team at the moment. Brady's deep game is way off, and it's essential we keep it that way, for the sake of our defense being on the field. Lloyd isn't here to rack up YACs in our offense and never has done that. In fact, that's Welker's job. He's exactly here to do what Chad failed to do last year. And frankly I don't see anything wrong with him avoiding hits. He's avoiding getting hurt. Only WRs in this league that fights for yards are those of the Marshalls and Johnsons etc, 6'3"+ 220 lbs beasts. Something Lloyd is clearly not.
Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:
INTs:
Pick 6s:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: