Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ken Whisenhunt: Stay Or Go?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Fate of Whiz
Stay
60%
 60%  [ 18 ]
Go
40%
 40%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 30

stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
Chip Kelly to the Eagles makes a lot more sense than Arizona. Vick, Jackson, McCoy and Maclin are all great fits for what he wants to do in Philly. Floyd, Fitz, Wells and Kolb are not fits for what he is trying to do.

That's assuming of course that Vick returns to Philly.

If Chip was the coach there, Vick would have to return. He is way too good of a fit for what he is trying to do and if Vick is let go, it's not like he would have a better option to work with on the roster or on the market.

Bolded: That's highly speculative based on what ownership thinks of him and what he wants dollar wise. Highly speculative. Very generous too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
Chip Kelly to the Eagles makes a lot more sense than Arizona. Vick, Jackson, McCoy and Maclin are all great fits for what he wants to do in Philly. Floyd, Fitz, Wells and Kolb are not fits for what he is trying to do.

If Chip was the coach there, Vick would have to return. He is way too good of a fit for what he is trying to do and if Vick is let go, it's not like he would have a better option to work with on the roster or on the market.

Bolded: That's highly speculative based on what ownership thinks of him and what he wants dollar wise. Highly speculative. Very generous too.

Well Vick is under contract with the Eagles for the next three years. Sure management may not want him back, but if that is the case, who is going to be brought in? A mid first round pick isn't going to yield any system-fitting QBs. The market has guys like Josh Johnson and Vince Young but they are not improvements on Mike Vick. I don't see any better or realistic options at QB.

Justo on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

Well Vick is under contract with the Eagles for the next three years. Sure management may not want him back, but if that is the case, who is going to be brought in? A mid first round pick isn't going to yield any system-fitting QBs. The market has guys like Josh Johnson and Vince Young but they are not improvements on Mike Vick. I don't see any better or realistic options at QB.

The man they're talking replacing him with probably. Nick Foles.

That's not a reasonable excuse. They need to exercise Michael Vick's massive bonus despite his completely erratic play because they can't get anyone else?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

That's not a reasonable excuse. They need to exercise Michael Vick's massive bonus despite his completely erratic play because they can't get anyone else?

Part of Vicks' deal for 2013 is guaranteed. While neither Foles or Vick would be someone he brought in, Vick is still a better fit for what he is trying to do.

Justo on the sig
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
It's still a better job. Chip isn't going to Buffalo...

Can't say one way or the other about the 2nd sentence, but I think the 1st is accurate. Not because of the players though, but because of the fact that Ralph Wilson is a couple of years older than ancient and there are some upcoming issues regarding the stadium. We're actually fighting a battle to keep the team in Buffalo and the likelihood of a new owner in the relatively near future is not out of the question. IMHO the turmoil those 2 things could cause is enough to compensate for KC's less-talented team, which does make Buffalo a less desirable job. Unfortunately.

I don't think Buffalo is more talented (they are on the DL)... Are they one of the teams that might go to LA?

We'll have to agree to disagree about the quality of players each team has. Personally, other than the LBers, RT Winston, and TE Moeaki, I don't think the Chiefs put better players on the field than the Bills. For the rest of the positions IMHO, the Bills' personnel either exceed (especially on offense) or match what the Chiefs have.

There has been some speculation about the Bills going to both LA and especially Toronto, but it looks like the team will stay put for the 2013 season for sure. Goodell has insisted that he wants the Bills to stay in Buffalo, but economics will always trump one's heartstrings IMHO. The Bills signed a stupid 5-year extension ending 2017 to play 1 "home" game each season and another home preseason game every other year in Toronto. The deal was made to generate cash flow, but it's no true home game as more fans in attendance cheer for the opposing team. Reminds me of seeing the Cards playing at "home" vs. the Bears in the 80's-90's, when all the snowbirds from IL would suddenly decide to buy tickets to cheer for their Bears. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

Part of Vicks' deal for 2013 is guaranteed.

That's incorrect. 3 million dollars of his 2013 is guaranteed but it's guaranteed against injury only.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Part of Vicks' deal for 2013 is guaranteed. While neither Foles or Vick would be someone he brought in, Vick is still a better fit for what he is trying to do.

Again it all comes back to this beleif that Kelly is going to try and continue to run the zone read-option at the NFL level despite the fact that Kelly has said publically that he will adapt his system to fit the personnel that he has.

If he rolls with Foles then he will adapt his system to work like that, think back a way to how the Ducks rolled with Dennis Dixon in his senior year as something a bit closer to what Kelly will run in the NFL, but still that is only part of the bridge from what he is running now with Mariota to what he will likely run in the NFL, which is probably going to look something similar to what we see in New England.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Nick Foles, he is in the game right now for Vick. We'll see what he's got.

Justo on the sig
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

Vick just got knocked out again and Foles looks good so far. The fans have turned on Reid/Vick. He won't be back... Even though he's flawed he should've there for us if Horton (or whoever) is interested. Always nice to have options.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
oliverisking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Chargers lost again today now at (4-5), barring a 7 game win streak and a deep trip to in the playoffs i think Norv Turner is out. Any chance we get him? Probably not as the Hc I think Ray Horton deserves a crack at it, but maybe as an OC/assistant HC. thoughts?
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oliverisking wrote:
So the Chargers lost again today now at (4-5), barring a 7 game win streak and a deep trip to in the playoffs i think Norv Turner is out. Any chance we get him? Probably not as the Hc I think Ray Horton deserves a crack at it, but maybe as an OC/assistant HC. thoughts?

Never say never. I don't know if Whiz/Horton have any ties to him but you never know I guess.

At any rate, I think Norv's pretty well done there in San Diego as is AJ. It's time to start over there. Horton could be a candidate there. They run a 3-4, got lots of resources devoted to it.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
oliverisking wrote:

Never say never. I don't know if Whiz/Horton have any ties to him but you never know I guess.

At any rate, I think Norv's pretty well done there in San Diego as is AJ. It's time to start over there. Horton could be a candidate there. They run a 3-4, got lots of resources devoted to it.

With the history of Spanos and wanting to get guys who have "done it before" I am not sure they are going to be looking for a rookie head man.

apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20994300/top-10-with-a-twist-potential-head-coaches

Quote:
1. Chip Kelly, Oregon head coach: The big question here is not whether NFL owners want to take their chances on a college coach? I think we all realize that, yes, they'd badly want to hire him. It's whether Kelly's offense could work in the NFL. As we've seen with the Patriots, who have implanted parts of his offense into their scheme, the answer is probably yes. As one executive told NFL.com, "He runs the best practices I've ever seen. I would hire him in a second if I ever had the opportunity." My guess: By the time we write this list for next year, Kelly will be working as an NFL head coach.

Chip Kelly is getting so much hype now it's ridiculous. And yet I would honestly love to have the guy here. There are some other interesting names on that list as well. Lots of offensive minded coaches. Wade Phillips is an interesting name. Runs a brilliant 3-4 defense in Houston.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Wade Phillips. He's had 3 shots, no need for a 4th.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20994300/top-10-with-a-twist-potential-head-coaches

Quote:
1. Chip Kelly, Oregon head coach: The big question here is not whether NFL owners want to take their chances on a college coach? I think we all realize that, yes, they'd badly want to hire him. It's whether Kelly's offense could work in the NFL. As we've seen with the Patriots, who have implanted parts of his offense into their scheme, the answer is probably yes. As one executive told NFL.com, "He runs the best practices I've ever seen. I would hire him in a second if I ever had the opportunity." My guess: By the time we write this list for next year, Kelly will be working as an NFL head coach.

Chip Kelly is getting so much hype now it's ridiculous. And yet I would honestly love to have the guy here. There are some other interesting names on that list as well. Lots of offensive minded coaches. Wade Phillips is an interesting name. Runs a brilliant 3-4 defense in Houston.

That is a pretty terrible list. Basically all rehashed failures.

Wade failed as a head coach in Buffalo and in Dallas.
LeBeau failed in CInic and does not want that job
Why would anyone want to hand the reigns of a team to Josh McDaniels again.
Mike McCoy is an average Offensive Coordinator who gets by on Tebow Hype and Peyton Manning
How valuable is Joe Vitt going to be as a head man?

HOnestly I am surprised by the lack of Dave Toub on many of these lists.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 17 of 27

Jump to: