Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My OCD is acting up

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 17117
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: My OCD is acting up Reply with quote

Had to do a mock draft.

Paramaters:

Browns win 4 or 5 of their last 8, end up 6-10 or 7-9, end up picking 13th.

Compensatory picks are awarded for Peyton Hillis (6th round - $3M), Mike Adams (7th round - $2M) and Artis Hicks (7th round - $2M).

I refuse to speculate on the coaching, but I'm convinced Haslam and Banner will find people who can work with what's here and maintain a modicum of continuity. So regardless of the staff, a WCO-type offense and 4-3 base defense will remain in place inside of this thread.

Players whose contracts are allowed to expire:

Sheldon Brown
Phil Dawson (don't want this to happen, but probably will)
Reggie Hodges
Brandon Jackson
Kaluka Maiava
Mohammed Massaquoi
Juqua Parker
Brian Sanford
Ray Ventrone
Ben Watson

Restricted Free Agents:

Emmanuel Stephens - 2nd round tender (~$1.95M)
Christian Yount - ROFR tender (~$1.3M, negotiate long-term)
Craig Robertson - 2nd round tender (~$1.95M)
Chris Ogbonnaya - 2nd round tender (~$1.95)

Re-sign:

Josh Cribbs - 2 years $6.5M
Alex Smith - 3 years $7.5M
Christian Yount - 3 years $4.5M

Free Agency:

WR Brian Hartline - 6 years $50M
TE Jared Cook - 3 years $20M
DE Cliff Avril - 5 years $55M
FS Jairus Byrd - 6 years $40M

Draft (no trades):

1. Dee Milliner - CB Alabama
3. Sean Porter - OLB Texas A&M
4. Quanterus Smith - DE Western Kentucky
5. Jamie Collins - OLB Southern Miss
6. Aaron Mellette - WR Elon
6b. Reid Fragel - OT Ohio State
7. Brett Maher - K Nebraska
7b. Quinn Sharp - P Oklahoma State
7c. Joe Madsen - OC West Virginia
7d. Will Compton - ILB Nebraska

Final 53:

QB
1. Brandon Weeden
2. Colt McCoy

RB
3. Trent Richardson
4. Montario Hardesty
5. Chris Ogbonnaya

FB
6. Brad Smelley

WR
7. Josh Gordon
8. Brian Hartline
9. Greg Little
10. Travis Benjamin
11. Josh Cooper
12. Josh Cribbs

TE
13. Jared Cook
14. Jordan Cameron
15. Alex Smith

OT
16. Joe Thomas
17. Mitchell Schwartz
18. O'Neil Cousins
19. Reid Fragel

OG
20. John Greco
21. Shaun Luavao
22. Jason Pinkston
23. Ryan Miller

OC
24. Alex Mack

DE
25. Cliff Avril
26. Jabaal Sheard
27. Frostee Rucker
28. Emmanuel Stephens
29. Quanterus Smith

DT
30. Ahtyba Rubin
31. Phil Taylor
32. Billy Winn
33. John Hughes

WLB
34. Sean Porter
35. Craig Robertson

MLB
36. D'Qwell Jackson
37. L.J. Fort

SLB
38. Chris Gocong
39. James-Michael Johnson
40. Jamie Collins

CB
41. Joe Haden
42. Dee Milliner
43. Dimitri Patterson
44. Buster Skrine
45. Trevin Wade
46. Johnson Bademosi

FS
47. Jairus Byrd
48. Usama Young

SS
49. T.J. Ward
50. Eric Hagg

K
51. Brett Maher

P
52. Quinn Sharp

LS
53. Christian Yount

Released:

Jordan Norwood
Owen Marecic
Emmanuel Acho

Practice Squad:

Aaron Mellette - WR
Will Compton - LB
Tashaun Gibson - DB
Ronnie Cameron - DT
Thaddeus Lewis - QB
Garth Gerhart - OL
Bryant Browning - OL
Jarrod Shaw - OL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cattleman78


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 7017
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: My OCD is acting up Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Had to do a mock draft.

Paramaters:

Browns win 4 or 5 of their last 8, end up 6-10 or 7-9, end up picking 13th.

Compensatory picks are awarded for Peyton Hillis (6th round - $3M), Mike Adams (7th round - $2M) and Artis Hicks (7th round - $2M).

I refuse to speculate on the coaching, but I'm convinced Haslam and Banner will find people who can work with what's here and maintain a modicum of continuity. So regardless of the staff, a WCO-type offense and 4-3 base defense will remain in place inside of this thread.

Players whose contracts are allowed to expire:

Sheldon Brown
Phil Dawson (don't want this to happen, but probably will)
Reggie Hodges
Brandon Jackson
Kaluka Maiava
Mohammed Massaquoi
Juqua Parker
Brian Sanford
Ray Ventrone
Ben Watson

Restricted Free Agents:

Emmanuel Stephens - 2nd round tender (~$1.95M)
Christian Yount - ROFR tender (~$1.3M, negotiate long-term)
Craig Robertson - 2nd round tender (~$1.95M)
Chris Ogbonnaya - 2nd round tender (~$1.95)

Re-sign:

Josh Cribbs - 2 years $6.5M
Alex Smith - 3 years $7.5M
Christian Yount - 3 years $4.5M

Free Agency:

WR Brian Hartline - 6 years $50M
TE Jared Cook - 3 years $20M
DE Cliff Avril - 5 years $55M
FS Jairus Byrd - 6 years $40M

Draft (no trades):

1. Dee Milliner - CB Alabama
3. Sean Porter - OLB Texas A&M
4. Quanterus Smith - DE Western Kentucky
5. Jamie Collins - OLB Southern Miss
6. Aaron Mellette - WR Elon
6b. Reid Fragel - OT Ohio State
7. Brett Maher - K Nebraska
7b. Quinn Sharp - P Oklahoma State
7c. Joe Madsen - OC West Virginia
7d. Will Compton - ILB Nebraska

Final 53:

QB
1. Brandon Weeden
2. Colt McCoy

RB
3. Trent Richardson
4. Montario Hardesty
5. Chris Ogbonnaya

FB
6. Brad Smelley

WR
7. Josh Gordon
8. Brian Hartline
9. Greg Little
10. Travis Benjamin
11. Josh Cooper
12. Josh Cribbs

TE
13. Jared Cook
14. Jordan Cameron
15. Alex Smith

OT
16. Joe Thomas
17. Mitchell Schwartz
18. O'Neil Cousins
19. Reid Fragel

OG
20. John Greco
21. Shaun Luavao
22. Jason Pinkston
23. Ryan Miller

OC
24. Alex Mack

DE
25. Cliff Avril
26. Jabaal Sheard
27. Frostee Rucker
28. Emmanuel Stephens
29. Quanterus Smith

DT
30. Ahtyba Rubin
31. Phil Taylor
32. Billy Winn
33. John Hughes

WLB
34. Sean Porter
35. Craig Robertson

MLB
36. D'Qwell Jackson
37. L.J. Fort

SLB
38. Chris Gocong
39. James-Michael Johnson
40. Jamie Collins

CB
41. Joe Haden
42. Dee Milliner
43. Dimitri Patterson
44. Buster Skrine
45. Trevin Wade
46. Johnson Bademosi

FS
47. Jairus Byrd
48. Usama Young

SS
49. T.J. Ward
50. Eric Hagg

K
51. Brett Maher

P
52. Quinn Sharp

LS
53. Christian Yount

Released:

Jordan Norwood
Owen Marecic
Emmanuel Acho

Practice Squad:

Aaron Mellette - WR
Will Compton - LB
Tashaun Gibson - DB
Ronnie Cameron - DT
Thaddeus Lewis - QB
Garth Gerhart - OL
Bryant Browning - OL
Jarrod Shaw - OL


I think we keep Dawson. In June he said he wanted to retire a Brown. A few weeks ago he said the team was on the verge of winning. Than this week he was discussing the trade deadline and said something like he hoped his name doesn't come up. Players are really starting to give him a lot of respect.. He is a captain. Also I think Haslim just like Holmgren and Heckert knows how good Phil is. Haslim is smart and I don't think he lets one of our biggest assets go.

Love your free agency except for signing Avril. He is not that good against the run. 11 million dollars is to much for him.
Your draft is very good. Milliner according to scouts is the best in man to man coverage. He along with Haden should solve our corner position for 7-8 years. You replaced Hodges. Got some line backers .

Add Byrd and Milliner to our def. backfield and we have one of the best backfields. Milliner is also pretty tall which should help cover the A.J. Greens of the world. Jared Cook I had in my off season. Not much to dislike but what I pointed out.
_________________
browns and indian fan 7272


Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Productiondawg


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 409
Location: Cincinnati
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft a lot, picking Millner right there is right on the money, and sures up that position for a while with Skrine and Patterson covering the inside our secondary would be pretty nasty.

I can see Banner giving a deal to Dawson before he gives a deal to Cribbs to be honest.

I love Owen getting cut, he is my least favorite Brown by far.
_________________
"If you can't stand the neural activity, than stay out of the neural activator" -Professor Fink  

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 17117
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally agree that we should keep Dawson, but Banner has a precedent of letting ilder players walk. He did it with David Akers in Philly, among many others, but that's my basis for this decision.

Avril may not ne the most complete DE, but he is the best available at getting to the QB. We do keep Frostee Rucker, so je can go in on obvious rushing downs.

Owen's time is obviously over here. Cutting him was a mere formality.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freakygeniuskid


Moderator
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 5496
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like Avril or Hartline at all. Avril just isn't worth that much (I'd give him 8M per year max), and Hartline has had what? Four good games in his career? Not remotely worth a 9M per contract.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 17117
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Don't like Avril or Hartline at all. Avril just isn't worth that much (I'd give him 8M per year max), and Hartline has had what? Four good games in his career? Not remotely worth a 9M per contract.


I get the feeling we are poised to drop some serious coin on free agents. Those figures are just guesses based on what comprable players have gotten on the market.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaWg_LB.


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 4777
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft....your mock and my mock have a lot of the same concepts...and a few of the same players (DE WKU and OLB TexAM...LOVE thoes players)..


the only pick I would take a look at is
Aaron Mellette - WR Elon....

Brian Quick from App. St. went in round 2 last year.....and this kid is the same height....a few pounds heavier......but he's faster than Brian Quick...quick was a 4.55 guy...this kid should run about a tenth of a second faster (4.45)...
_________________
-A team is built through the Draft.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 17117
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
I like the draft....your mock and my mock have a lot of the same concepts...and a few of the same players (DE WKU and OLB TexAM...LOVE thoes players)..


the only pick I would take a look at is
Aaron Mellette - WR Elon....

Brian Quick from App. St. went in round 2 last year.....and this kid is the same height....a few pounds heavier......but he's faster than Brian Quick...quick was a 4.55 guy...this kid should run about a tenth of a second faster (4.45)...


I used cbssports.com's rankings, because I'm not nearly hardcore enough to do my own top 300 player list.

Mellette is definitely interesting. You can't teach that kind of production. But like Quick, I think he's going to take a while to get up to NFL speed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TypicalBrowns10


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 1103
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the hartline signing, He had a capable QB throwing to him finally and he is putting up catches and serious YAC. Instantly the best catching WR when he walks in the building.

I love the Milliner pick. I would wish for Te'o to drop cause he will be the best LB coming out. He is just the LB you want in a 4-3. Milliner would shore up our CB's and he is taller too. #WIN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaWg_LB.


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 4777
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
I like the draft....your mock and my mock have a lot of the same concepts...and a few of the same players (DE WKU and OLB TexAM...LOVE thoes players)..


the only pick I would take a look at is
Aaron Mellette - WR Elon....

Brian Quick from App. St. went in round 2 last year.....and this kid is the same height....a few pounds heavier......but he's faster than Brian Quick...quick was a 4.55 guy...this kid should run about a tenth of a second faster (4.45)...


I used cbssports.com's rankings, because I'm not nearly hardcore enough to do my own top 300 player list.

Mellette is definitely interesting. You can't teach that kind of production. But like Quick, I think he's going to take a while to get up to NFL speed.

Touche' Mon Frare Very Happy


He will defiantly need that.....
_________________
-A team is built through the Draft.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group