Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TB's Off-Season Mock 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TypicalBrowns10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: TB's Off-Season Mock 2.0 Reply with quote

Re-did it because of Jarvis Jones condition, He might still be a player but that a serious condition.

Browns finish with the first pick in the draft.
Shurmur updates his resume and childress is gone too.

New HC: Jay Gruden (Cin OC)
New OC: Tom Clements
New RB's Coach: Duce Staley (Former eagles rb and current rb coach for phi)

Re-Signs:

Yount, LS
OGBYN, RB
Robertson, LB
Stephens, DE
Smith, Blocking TE
MoMoss, WR

Tender Sheldon Brown, CB (2nd best corner on team still)
Tender Cribbs as well. Cant see him going.

We get some key FA's this year.

FA (1)

Jarius Byrd, FS for Buffalo

- He is their ball hawk guy and I think we will either get him or levitre (G), but I see them keeping their best lineman since they let their LT walk last year. I dont see them re-signing both especially since they just dropped mad money on Williams.

FA (2)

Michael Johnson, DE for Cincy

-Huge physical specimen who will create some rush and pass def from the right side for a long time. Cincy has a lot of key free agents coming over the next few years (Maulaluga, Dunlap, Rivers) and I dont see them letting dunlap go so I think they let him walk and since Jay has ties to him. Brings him right in to start day 1.

FA (3)

Martellus Bennett, TE for NYG

-He is tough as every got to witness when he played against us this year. He blocks really well, catches balls really well, and runs routes really well too. There isnt much that you cannot like about him. Would be a good pick up for the brownies.

NFL Draft:

1st Round

*TRADE*
We trade down with KC and get pick 4. They want Geno and they can have him.
We get 3 1st's and their 2nd this year.

At pick 4: Manti Te'o

-Te'o is an absolute beast for the ND defense. He runs sideline to sideline so well and reads play and then TACKLES the ball carrier. He will just be too good to pass up.One of our strongest position of need. No matter which LB position we put him at. He will dominate.

2nd Round:

Jordan Poyer, CB Oregon St.

- This kid is 6'1 and can really cover wr's for OSU. He is the big corner the browns need to cover the much bigger WR's and I hope he stays projected a 2nd round pick cause he would be nice to have.

3rd Round:

Margus Hunt- DE SMU

-He is very altheltic and is making good strides throughout the season. I like him here and I think he will make an excellent addition to our dline.

4th Round:

Cyril Richardson, OG Baylor

- Also, our guards suck. I think in the middle rounds, we look for someone who can come in and make an impact there if they dont step it up.

5th thru 7th:

ST players. and we find a new kicker and punter as well.

Sorry to see phil leave. Had to make some sad for this awesome mock off season. Sad [/img]

Last edited by TypicalBrowns10 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
TypicalBrowns10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should've mentioned that I have Heckert staying and Jauron staying to coach as well.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heckert and Jauron staying is a positive direction.

Drafting a LB, CB, and FS in the top is excellent.
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poyer is not 6'1 fyi he's 5'11

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Poyer is not 6'1 fyi he's 5'11

Must've looked at another corners height close to him when I was searching for second round potential corners.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

If we are drafting a safety in the 3rd then I'd go with levitre in FA.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Billick leaves the broadcast booth to be only the Offensive Coordinator. If a team gives him a shot at a HC position, maybe...but otherwise, I think he stays right where he is.

I could be wrong, however....I was wrong once before.

Did I ever tell you guys about my first wife?....... Wink

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#FREEJOSHGORDON! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard 17 tackles, 2 sacks
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
I don't think Billick leaves the broadcast booth to be only the Offensive Coordinator. If a team gives him a shot at a HC position, maybe...but otherwise, I think he stays right where he is.

I wouldnt want him here anyway. When was the last time he coached a consistently good offense? 1999?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This offseason would be a perfecr A+ if it weren't for Jay Gruden.

Don't know why, but I don't like him for this spot at all.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather use the pick of TJ Mcdonald on the best available TE. He would just sit the bench while Byrd played and to be honest, I think Mcdonald is more of a SS anyway.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
I'd rather use the pick of TJ Mcdonald on the best available TE. He would just sit the bench while Byrd played and to be honest, I think Mcdonald is more of a SS anyway.

I agree with you. In today's league a TE is a LOT more valuable than a backup safety.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stealing my idea of hiring Jay Gruden, eh? Twisted Evil Wink Laughing

I don't see Billick wanting to become a coordinator, but I very well could be wrong.

Like the free agent signings. Not sure if the Giants let Bennett go, though. He's been pretty good for them.

Would love to trade down and draft Jones.

The rest of the draft looks good. I think the Browns need to address the guard position earlier than round four if they don't sign a top free agent. Poyer and McDonald would likely be great additions to Cleveland's secondary.

Smack on the sig.
TypicalBrowns10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated my mock because of the Jarvis Jones condition. Its just too risky for me.
DawgX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
I updated my mock because of the Jarvis Jones condition. Its just too risky for me.

I like Jones, but one could argue that Te'o would be a better choice regardless of Jones' medical concerns. Therefore, when you factor in his medical problems, then Te'o could definitely be considered a better pick if the Browns decide to draft an OLB.

BTW, I'm not sure if the Browns will be able to trade down with the Chiefs. Kansas City has looked horrible this season and there's a good chance they end up with the first overall pick.

Smack on the sig.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

I wouldnt want him here anyway. When was the last time he coached a consistently good offense? 1999?

Agreed. He didn't look very creative in Baltimore. Granted.. he had a lot of crappy talent at the QB and WR positions, but as the head coach and former "offensive genius" he had a strong hand in the offensive players we selected. Yet the guys he brought in didn't meet expectations (Mark Clayton) or were complete busts (Boller).

In terms of the mock draft... there's no way Margus Hunt falls into the 3rd round. The guy is primed to blow up the combine, he has a huge frame, is putting up some nice pass rushing numbers to this point in the season, and his potential is through the roof. Personally I think even at his advanced age (25- will be 26 by next season) he goes top 15-20 in the draft... no way do I think he misses out on the 1st round. Heck many Ravens fans are considering him with our 1st... and he'd be in my top 3-5 guys I like most that could be available for us in round 1. Falling to the 3rd though isn't happening outside of injury.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: