Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DS's 3.0 Mock D retool
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: DS's 3.0 Mock D retool Reply with quote

Free Agency

Connor Barwin #98 DE/OLB
Houston Texans
Height: 6-4 Weight: 268 Age: 26
Born: 10/15/1986 Southfield , MI
College: Cincinnati
Experience: 4th season

Sean Smith #24 CB
Miami Dolphins
Height: 6-3 Weight: 218 Age: 25
Born: 7/14/1987 Pasadena , CA
College: Utah
Experience: 4th season

Trade down from the top 5 to the top 10 got an extra 2nd.

1 Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
Height: 6-2. Weight: 255.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.

2 Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
Height: 6-1. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.47.

3 Zach Ertz*, TE, Stanford
Height: 6-6. Weight: 255.
Projected 40 Time: 4.61.

4 Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 260.
Projected 40 Time: 4.67.

5 Blaze Foltz, G, TCU
Height: 6-4. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.23.

6 Zach Boren, FB, Ohio State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 252.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.

7 Quinn Sharp, P/K, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.

Starters or "/" is competition for starter.

QB Weeden
RB Richardson
FB Boren
TE Watson/Camerion/Ertz
WR1 Gordon
WR2 Little
LT Tomas
LG Greco
C Mack
RG Lauvao/Pinkston/Foltz
RT Schwartz

RDE Barwin
DT Rubin
DT Taylor
LDE Sheard
SOLB Gocong/JMJ
MLB T'eo
WOLB DQ/JMJ
RCB Smith
LCB Haden
FS Vaccaro
SS Ward

K/P Sharp
KR/PR Benjamin

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int

Last edited by DawgSoldier on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still believe you didn't address a pressing need at OG but I love what you did to revamp the secondary. Connor Barwin I would assume play DE which would shore up D. Love the Teo selection. Although I'm probably a homer being a ND fan but every week he plays with so much passion and fire. All in all, you have completed our defense but left the OL untouched basically which I have a problem with.

^^^Jamison^^^
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Smith IMO will get tagged by Miami, since they really have no other CB, and Vaccaro will be a SS imo

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H4P gotta resize your avy Bruh

HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Thanks not sure how that happened

^^^Jamison^^^
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Thanks not sure how that happened

it's the browns forum....Lulz happens

StewieRules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is solid, I could live with this. I like Barwin, and given the Texans last draft he could well be a man without a position in Houston. I've liked Smith since his Utah days, I think our secondary needs a bigger CB to compliment Haden. Both obtainable FA's IMO.

Draft looks good, Te'o I think can truly help the run D and be the sort of "soul" and identity a D needs. Jones could make that sort of impact as well, more so in the pass rush but I like the idea of an identity for this young unit.

In previous weeks I would've had a meltdown at the thought of not changing both G's - my dislike for Lauvao in particular was noteworthy. That said, the guy made me eat some fan crow lately; he looked good in both the run and pass protection vs San Diego and his pass blocking overall has been solid. And is it just me, or is Greco been a stabilizing addition at LG? I think Pinkston's healthy issues may well have been part of his inconsistent play the the couple of weeks leading to his diagnosis, but Greco's played well and the line, especially in pass protection, looks good. This is why not taking a guard early had not caused my BP to spike & why this draft makes sense to me - just thought I'd explain a little.

I'd be surprised if Jenkins comes out, most think he should return for his senior season & re-establish his credentials as a pass rusher. Quanterus Smith from W.Kentucky could probably be had here though.

S & TE are nice additions, and needed IMO.

Good job overall
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
This is solid, I could live with this. I like Barwin, and given the Texans last draft he could well be a man without a position in Houston. I've liked Smith since his Utah days, I think our secondary needs a bigger CB to compliment Haden. Both obtainable FA's IMO.

Draft looks good, Te'o I think can truly help the run D and be the sort of "soul" and identity a D needs. Jones could make that sort of impact as well, more so in the pass rush but I like the idea of an identity for this young unit.

In previous weeks I would've had a meltdown at the thought of not changing both G's - my dislike for Lauvao in particular was noteworthy. That said, the guy made me eat some fan crow lately; he looked good in both the run and pass protection vs San Diego and his pass blocking overall has been solid. And is it just me, or is Greco been a stabilizing addition at LG? I think Pinkston's healthy issues may well have been part of his inconsistent play the the couple of weeks leading to his diagnosis, but Greco's played well and the line, especially in pass protection, looks good. This is why not taking a guard early had not caused my BP to spike & why this draft makes sense to me - just thought I'd explain a little.

I'd be surprised if Jenkins comes out, most think he should return for his senior season & re-establish his credentials as a pass rusher. Quanterus Smith from W.Kentucky could probably be had here though.

S & TE are nice additions, and needed IMO.

Good job overall
He is a senior, that is why I figured he'd come out.

And your Guard explanation is my thinking as well.

Thanks for the props.

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Still believe you didn't address a pressing need at OG but I love what you did to revamp the secondary. Connor Barwin I would assume play DE which would shore up D. Love the Teo selection. Although I'm probably a homer being a ND fan but every week he plays with so much passion and fire. All in all, you have completed our defense but left the OL untouched basically which I have a problem with.

I like Greco at LG and @ RG I have competiton between Lauvao/Pinkston/Foltz. Though Lauvao is looking better the last 2-3 games IMO.

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Sean Smith IMO will get tagged by Miami, since they really have no other CB, and Vaccaro will be a SS imo

Miami is going to be Free Agent hell. Dang Near half the team is going to free agents. Observe
Miamiís Free Agents this year are:
Anthony Armstrong Will Barker Reggie Bush Chris Clemons Pat Devlin Anthony Fasano Ray Feinga Jonathan Freeny Jabar Gaffney
Nate Garner Brian Hartline Jake Long Jeron Mastrud Tony McDaniel Marlon Moore Matt Moore Lydon Murtha Jonathon Amaya Sean Smith Austin Spitler R.J. Stanford Randy Starks Marcus Thigpen Jason Trusnik

Sean Smith on the free agency market is likely IMO. As for Vaccaro van play ether position well IMO.

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Miami is going to be Free Agent hell. Dang Near half the team is going to free agents. Observe
Anthony Armstrong Will Barker Reggie Bush Chris Clemons Pat Devlin Anthony Fasano Ray Feinga Jonathan Freeny Jabar Gaffney
Nate Garner Brian Hartline Jake Long Jeron Mastrud Tony McDaniel Marlon Moore Matt Moore Lydon Murtha Jonathon Amaya Sean Smith Austin Spitler R.J. Stanford Randy Starks Marcus Thigpen Jason Trusnik

Sean Smith on the free agency market is likely IMO. As for Vaccaro van play ether position well IMO.

Sean smith is their only legit starting cb with the trade of vontae Davis, out of all the names you just typed the only one they cannot afford to let go is smith. All the other names with exception of long they have either drafted their replacements. Or they are role players, they will find a way to sign smith and long

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really think they are worrying that they won't be able to sign freaking Jason trusnik ?

wukusimw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Smith will have to be resigned by them. That being said you can just make some minor adjustments if that's the case. Either take a CB in the 4th or in the 2nd and a safety in the 4th. With Barwin picking up another DE early as the 4th may not be needed.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Sean smith is their only legit starting cb with the trade of vontae Davis, out of all the names you just typed the only one they cannot afford to let go is smith. All the other names with exception of long they have either drafted their replacements. Or they are role players, they will find a way to sign smith and long

My point in listing them is one they may not have the luxery of franchise pick. And that with such a huge out going free agent class that Smith may test the waters. Also with a Rookie QB a priority will be given to Long Hartline Bush and others on offence for the sake of continuity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: