Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H4P Midseason Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: H4P Midseason Mock Reply with quote

General Manager: Tom Heckert - He is given one more draft to put winning football on the field in Cleveland and is placed on a short leash.

Head Coach: Steve Spagnuolo- Was in Philadelphia with Banner and would jump at the chance to get out of New Orleans ASAP.

Offensive Coordinator: Tom Clements- Got the best out of Aaron Rodgers and Matt Flynn. Would make our offense much more exciting.

Defensive Coordinator: - Jauron- Needs to stick around to help build this young defense.

Finish 5-11 with 6th pick in the Draft

1st: Trade down from 6 to 11 to acquire a 2nd and 3rd
11. Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State: Get a big playmaking corner to put across Haden for years to come.

Trade 2nd and 3rd to get back into later 1st round
1b. Chance Warmack OG Bama: A undersized guard is a run blocking machine who has experience creating holes for T-Rich

3rd. Margus Hunt DE SMU: Athletic freak has been improving every week has potential to fit DE hole once Rucker is gone.

4th. David Yankey OT Stanford: Acquired young OT depth behind Schwartz and Thomas

5th. Zach Line FB/RB SMU: Interesting prospect very athletic FB compared to Toby Gearhart by some scouts with ball in hands, very good blocker

6th. Steve Greer LB Virginia: A productive LB added for depth similar to JMJ

7th. Brad Wing P LSU: I cant take Hodges for one more year

FA Signings:

Jarius Byrd FS- talented playmaker in the backend to solidfy D

Mike Wallace WR- Steelers can't seem to sign him after paying Brown

Manny Lawson LB- A stopgate signing similar to Rucker

Cuts/Walk
Hodges
Brown
Marecic
Jackson
Massaquoi
Fujita
Maiava
Ventrone
Stephens

Resign
Dawson
Cribbs
Parker
Watson
Ogabannaya
Robertson
Smith

QB: Weeden/McCoy
RB: Richardson/Hardesty/Ogabannaya
FB: Line/Smelley
WR: Wallace/Little/Cooper
WR: Gordon/Benjamin/Norwood
TE: Cameron/Watson/Smith
LT: Thomas/Cousins
LG: Warmack/Pinkston
C: Mack
RG: Lavauo/Greco
RT: Schwartz/Yankey

RE: Rucker/Hunt
DT: Taylor/Hughes/Kitchen
DT: Rubin/Winn
LE: Sheard/Parker
SLB: Lawson/JMJ
MLB: Jackson/Fort
WLB: Gocong/Robertson
CB: Haden/Patterson/Wade
CB: Rhodes/Skrine/Bademosi
FS: Byrd/Hagg
SS: Ward/Young

K:Dawson
P:Wade

What do you think?

Needs going into 2014: TE, LB, OG?

^^^Jamison^^^
cattleman78

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn good off season. I could nit pick a little but I'd be happy with this. Not sure we need a guard but we could. Warmack is tough. Good free agency. Like it you kept Dawson. I predict playoffs next year if our young players keep improving. Not even sure we need Wallace. We will have to see how our receivers play out. Overall I like it.

We might still need a def. end in 2014 also.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
Darn good off season. I could nit pick a little but I'd be happy with this. Not sure we need a guard but we could. Warmack is tough. Good free agency. Like it you kept Dawson. I predict playoffs next year if our young players keep improving. Not even sure we need Wallace. We will have to see how our receivers play out. Overall I like it.

We might still need a def. end in 2014 also.

Yeah your right if Hunt does not show us anything DE would definitely be a need.

^^^Jamison^^^

Last edited by HADEN4PREZIDENT on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

You have a guard in the 1st round.... Very Happy awesome.

that is all,

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like everything but the head coach. I think Spags has been overrated since he was spoiled with the best defensive line in football in New York. His defense in STL wasn't that great and his D in New Orleans this year is easily the worst in the league. Everything else is pretty good, there's just something about a failed head coach who gets busted down to a coordinator job and doesn't excell at that screams to me that this man doesn't deserve another head coaching job.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:
I like everything but the head coach. I think Spags has been overrated since he was spoiled with the best defensive line in football in New York. His defense in STL wasn't that great and his D in New Orleans this year is easily the worst in the league. Everything else is pretty good, there's just something about a failed head coach who gets busted down to a coordinator job and doesn't excell at that screams to me that this man doesn't deserve another head coaching job.

Not fair to judge him on the Saints D in my opinion but I see what your saying. Would anyone be interested in bringing Andy Reid to Cleveland?

^^^Jamison^^^
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

Not fair to judge him on the Saints D in my opinion but I see what your saying. Would anyone be interested in bringing Andy Reid to Cleveland?

nope

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

nope

That is what I assumed

^^^Jamison^^^
joelflynn44

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget his name but the Cardinals d coordinator is my early choice for head coach. He was from pittsburgh and went to arizona 3 years ago. Other than that this is about perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joelflynn44 wrote:
I forget his name but the Cardinals d coordinator is my early choice for head coach. He was from pittsburgh and went to arizona 3 years ago. Other than that this is about perfect.

Ray Horton, could be a decent coaching prospect, might want to change our D to a 3/4, in any case I'm sure he'll get some interviews after the season for more reasons than the Rooney Rule. His D is looking pretty good for the most part.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: