Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome Back Seyi, Goodman To IR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Welcome Back Seyi, Goodman To IR Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers signed WR Seyi Ajirotutu, formerly of the Panthers.
25-year-old Ajirotutu was among the Panthers' final cuts in late August. He began his career in San Diego and knows Norv Turner's offense. Ajirotutu will serve as a fourth or fifth receiver, replacing injured Richard Goodman.

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers placed KR/WR Richard Goodman on injured reserve with a hamstring injury, ending his season.
Goodman pulled up lame on the opening kickoff of Sunday's loss. A backup slot receiver, he finishes 2012 with zero catches. A three-year veteran, Goodman is headed for restricted free agency in the offseason.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/sd/san-diego-chargers

It originally came out that Goodman had a bad pull. Probably wound up being a tear if he's going on IR.

At least Seyi knows the playbook, but you can say that about every defense in the NFL too. He can get deep, play S/T's, and block. Guess they could have done worse.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't go into games with only 3 WR's active. Even if was just a pull Goodman was a roster bubble player and if he is out more then 3 weeks then IR was the only choice.

Tutu has until Brown comes back healthy and then he will be cut/IR'd. Perhaps Royal is headed to the IR soon as he has played in like 3 games this year.

We're drafting top ten and if Te'o is available we need to grab him. We need a leader on this team and someone who is going to be healthy.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Can't go into games with only 3 WR's active. Even if was just a pull Goodman was a roster bubble player and if he is out more then 3 weeks then IR was the only choice.

Tutu has until Brown comes back healthy and then he will be cut/IR'd. Perhaps Royal is headed to the IR soon as he has played in like 3 games this year.

We're drafting top ten and if Te'o is available we need to grab him. We need a leader on this team and someone who is going to be healthy.

Agree to disagree. I do put a premium on leadership, but I don't see a Top 10 worthy prospect in Te'o; I just don't. If this was a prospect with Patrick Willis caliber athleticism to add to those intangibles, I'd say sure. But T'eo's instincts are average-at-best, he doesn't have the elite athleticism or lateral agility to compensate for that lack, and his tackling technique is terrible for someone who has as many tallies in the tackle stat column for his collegiate career.

I'd sooner invest that Top 10 pick in a NT than an ILB. We need blue collar guys - because this team has lacked that for some time, too many guys are far too coddled which allows them to underachieve and not feel the least bit guilty about it.

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are arguing about the draft before the offseason house cleaning starts? We don't know who's going to be the GM or the coach. That means we have no idea what kind of system there will be on either side of the ball. I'm holding out any thoughts on the draft until we know who's running the team, and what players stay outside of the 6-7 we al know are safe.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: