Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9 GDT - Giants Vs Steelers - Steel Curtain gets torn
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Week 9 GDT - Giants Vs Steelers - Steel Curtain gets torn Reply with quote

Ok. So the title isn't my best. Hoping we get KP back because I don't like what I'm hearing about Rolle. Also seems like Herzlich is going to start for Blackburn...which is probably a good thing...?

We need our D-line to be at the top of it's game because Big Ben can move (not FAST per say) and they'll be running it...and I hope our DB's can keep a lid on Wallace and Brown at least somewhat in check...

All that said I think we can win this one. The Steelers aren't as good as they've been in years past. I just hope our offense gets out of it's funk and our defense stops giving up 400+ yards. Razz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... Steelers are 2nd in passing YPG on D. Granted the only top tier QB they've faced is Peyton...they don't seem to get lots of picks or sacks so I'm feeling better about that. Granted the #1 passing D we beat...(San Fran) but that doesn't mean THAT much Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is gonna be nuts ... know a few steelers fans and we're throwing a huge party.

I think our D can stop the pass ... but we need to focus alot of attention to Mike Wallace

Not a Knicks fan
Rase

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeaaah, The Giants will win big... At least 55-10!!Why?Because Rase will be there in the stand to cheer them on! So pumped. I kinda hoped that Steelers would wear the throwback jerseys this week not last week Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really looking forward to this test for our team. I truly believe it will be high scoring believe or not. The Playcalling MUST be better. I am beating the Drum for Gilbride to be fired and Fewell is on the hot seat to me. 24th Pass Defense is terrible. I'm frustrated with our predicability with makes us easier to stop in almost any situtation. I hope Hakeem gets better he's been a shell of himself out there. Let's play Harder and Win 24-13 Giants.

Hakeem Nicks AKA Straight BALLIN!!!!
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey_80 wrote:
I am really looking forward to this test for our team. I truly believe it will be high scoring believe or not. The Playcalling MUST be better. I am beating the Drum for Gilbride to be fired and Fewell is on the hot seat to me. 24th Pass Defense is terrible. I'm frustrated with our predicability with makes us easier to stop in almost any situtation. I hope Hakeem gets better he's been a shell of himself out there. Let's play Harder and Win 24-13 Giants.

First...lolz no one is getting fired and no one is on thehot seat. We just won the Super Bowl.

Second - We give up big plays through the air. We're near the bottom in YPA but near middle in comp % and near the top in QB rating and top in Ints.

Our CB's need to do better in preventing the big plays and leave the INT's to the safeties.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you guys so conserned about yards? Yards dont mean jack. We are top 8 in PA per game and second in the league in takeaways. Thats how our defense works, bend but not break and force big plays.

Looking forward to this game, should be a good one. Less pressure then the last two games so hopefully se can come out with lowered shoulders...
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game worries me. I'm concerned about the last two games being emotionally draining and this team comes out flat. Need to be at our best to beat Pitt. Hoping for a win, but expecting a loss.

Pitt: 20
Giants: 14

Crying or Very sad

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
minutemancl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24-14 Gmen

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
pghinsomniac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, really pumped for this game. The Gmen have always been one of my favorite franchises. Just consistent and tough like my Steelers. I haven't caught more than one of your games (the opener) this year, however. How is your secondary? I imagine your defensive line is still dominant this year, no? Our o-line has been playing light years better lately (no sacks allowed in two of the past 3 games, dominant run offense) and I'm trying to gauge how much pressure Ben is going to be seeing.
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
This game worries me. I'm concerned about the last two games being emotionally draining and this team comes out flat. Need to be at our best to beat Pitt. Hoping for a win, but expecting a loss.

Pitt: 20
Giants: 14

Crying or Very sad

The only concern i have is our team not getting enough practice due to sandy , proper preparation prevents poor performance and this is the only thing that worries or concerns me about this weeks upcoming home game.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pghinsomniac wrote:
Hey guys, really pumped for this game. The Gmen have always been one of my favorite franchises. Just consistent and tough like my Steelers. I haven't caught more than one of your games (the opener) this year, however. How is your secondary? I imagine your defensive line is still dominant this year, no? Our o-line has been playing light years better lately (no sacks allowed in two of the past 3 games, dominant run offense) and I'm trying to gauge how much pressure Ben is going to be seeing.

Our secondary has been quite good (we lead the league in INT's) but we give up big passing plays.

Our D-line has been better at stopping the run than in years past (at least that's my opinion) but haven't been racking up as many sacks as would be expected (middle of the league) yet usually get lots of pressure on the QB (likely part of the reason why we've been getting the INTs).

We've been running the ball much better than last year and I hope your DB's are top notch:D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/31/sanders-to-meet-with-nfl-over-cramping/

I saw this live and I knew he was faking immediately. The ref was trying to get him to walk off the field, and he kept trying to go back to the ground, even though it was evident he could walk. It was almost as humorous as two Giants going down at once, but not quite.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Believe if we can get over the hump of this weekend and beat the Steelers , then my prediction for the season is that we'll go 12-4 , i just believe this team as a whole is good enough for a 12-4 season securing at the very least a number 2 seed in the Conference , So yes i believe the implications of this game right here with a W is very important towards the outlook of the rest of our season and playoff's picture .. just gotta get past this weekend and these Steelers and we are good to go.

Predictions for the Rest of the NFC East in week 9 ,

Falcons beats the Cowboys on Sunday
Saints Shoot the Green Birds on Monday
& Believe it or not Panthers Somehow
Upset The Skins on Sunday
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
I Believe if we can get over the hump of this weekend and beat the Steelers , then my prediction for the season is that we'll go 12-4 , i just believe this team as a whole is good enough for a 12-4 season securing at the very least a number 2 seed in the Conference , So yes i believe the implications of this game right here with a W is very important towards the outlook of the rest of our season and playoff's picture .. just gotta get past this weekend and these Steelers and we are good to go.

Predictions for the Rest of the NFC East in week 9 ,

Falcons beats the Cowboys on Sunday
Saints Shoot the Green Birds on Monday
& Believe it or not Panthers Somehow
Upset The Skins on Sunday

Who do you have our next two losses going to?

12-4 sounds pretty darn good ... I see us rounding out at 11-5/10-6

Not a Knicks fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: