Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New OC/DC Wishlisht
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
union hawk fan wrote:
Figured I'd bump this after the poor job Bradley did today, if he is no longer with the seahawks next year would you guys rather promote from within like Ken Norton or hire someone?

I think that Ken Norton's attitude is exactly what the defense needs. I can't say if he will be a good co-ordinator though.

I love Ken Norton's attitude, I think he would blitz more than Bradley does and would be better on third down. He's done a good job coaching up K.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner, but like you I'm not sure if he'd make a good coordinator
canucks9314

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need somebody who has guts...

domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did 84 point the direction they were gonna run the ball? Laughing

Reverse psychology.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC should be Lovie Smith. He always had a ferocious D in Chicago and runs a scheme similar to Seattle.
canucks9314

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
DC should be Lovie Smith. He always had a ferocious D in Chicago and runs a scheme similar to Seattle.

i would love that.

domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did 84 point the direction they were gonna run the ball? Laughing

Reverse psychology.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canucks9314 wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

i would love that.

Amen. And hes a players coach, so it would go well with Petes philosyphy

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

union hawk fan wrote:
I love Ken Norton's attitude, I think he would blitz more than Bradley does and would be better on third down. He's done a good job coaching up K.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner, but like you I'm not sure if he'd make a good coordinator

Just a note - Seattle allows one less third down conversion per game, and they have the best third down defense in the league.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
union hawk fan wrote:

Just a note - Seattle allows one less third down conversion per game, and they have the best third down defense in the league.

Ummmmm No. Just looked it up and Seattle has the 16th best 3rd down defense in the league through the regular season. If you are looking at just for the postseason, they are dead last. Not sure where you are getting this from.

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
silus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the defensive problems stemmed from not being able to stop the run. I hope thats a priority this off season.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie Smith as DC Pray

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
khodder wrote:
union hawk fan wrote:

Ummmmm No. Just looked it up and Seattle has the 16th best 3rd down defense in the league through the regular season. If you are looking at just for the postseason, they are dead last. Not sure where you are getting this from.

And if they allow one less third down conversion per game (60/198 as opposed to 76/198) they would have ranked first in the league.

chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
khodder wrote:
union hawk fan wrote:

And if they allow one less third down conversion per game (60/198 as opposed to 76/198) they would have ranked first in the league.

That jsut doesn't make for a good arguement. I could say that Lynch was better than Peterson because if he had averaged just 31 more yards per game he would have had more yards with that logic... Rolling Eyes

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
That jsut doesn't make for a good arguement. I could say that Lynch was better than Peterson because if he had averaged just 31 more yards per game he would have had more yards with that logic... Rolling Eyes

One conversion extra a game is one play difference. On average for Lynch to get another 31 yards per game he would need an extra 6 carries per game.

31 YPG is an extra 500 yards on 96 carries over the course of a season. That is almost an extra 5 games worth of carries. One Conversion a Game is 16 plays over a course of a season.

16 plays vs 96
16 plays vs 500 yards

You can tell which one is closer, however that is not the point.

The same can be said about people who make a big fuss about 60% completions vs 66% completions which, over a 500 attempt season is less than 2 completions a game difference.

All I am pointing out here is that it is not always the schemes fault and often times it is the players fault. One conversion a game is such a small number in the overall scheme of things, yet that is all that separates a middle of the pack third down defense from the best in the league. It is not always the fault of Bradley. I mean under his leadership last season Seattle finished 9th in 3rd down defense. And it is not like the third down defense they are putting out there is terrible, it is above the average.

outside_Insider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie runs a cover 2 scheme, we're a press man personnel. Rob Ryan actually fits the bill best for a play caller with guts, and within our personnel package. I don't' really like him, but other than that I can't really think of anything. I do think Bradley is over rated and would get killed in Philly.

"We all we got, we all we need"
hawksman81

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

One conversion extra a game is one play difference. On average for Lynch to get another 31 yards per game he would need an extra 6 carries per game.

31 YPG is an extra 500 yards on 96 carries over the course of a season. That is almost an extra 5 games worth of carries. One Conversion a Game is 16 plays over a course of a season.

16 plays vs 96
16 plays vs 500 yards

The same can be said about people who make a big fuss about 60% completions vs 66% completions which, over a 500 attempt season is less than 2 completions a game difference.

All I am pointing out here is that it is not always the schemes fault and often times it is the players fault. One conversion a game is such a small number in the overall scheme of things, yet that is all that separates a middle of the pack third down defense from the best in the league. It is not always the fault of Bradley. I mean under his leadership last season Seattle finished 9th in 3rd down defense. And it is not like the third down defense they are putting out there is terrible, it is above the average.

You canít say it was only 96 yards. Many drives were extended after those plays which racks up a lot more yardage that could have been prevented, and putting our offense on the field with better starting field position.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

16 plays vs 96
16 plays vs 500 yards

I agree with you with what you're saying.

As a Seattle fan, and watching all their games like most of the rest of the posters here, Seattle seems to always give up the third and long because of soft zone playcalls. Which is why he is arguing with you I think. I don't think it's players not making the play. Short yardage third down defense is probably worlds better than long yardage. I'm at work and unable to take the time to look that up.

I like what you're saying though. But I really want Bradley gone. Laughing

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: