Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New OC/DC Wishlisht
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanadianHawk75

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: New OC/DC Wishlisht Reply with quote

I think it is painfully clear by now that our coordinators are clearly failing us by not making adjustments or flat out poor play calling.

That being said, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for possible coordinators we could target that fit our system that would really improve this team? For me:

OC - Mike Holmgren - Ok, I know it is almost impossible that this would happen, but Holmgren has stated that he misses coaching, and I am sure he would think long and hard about a chance to go back to Seattle. He would do wonders with Russell Wilson and he could get a really good WCO offense going like we were so privileged to see in the past when this team was in their prime. The only problem is I think Pete would feel too threatened that Holmgren would have a powerful enough presence that it would be a threat to his control of the team.

DC - Ron Rivera - I assume he is going to be finished at the end of this year. He has experience in a 4-3 and a 3-4 which is valuable to this type of hybrid defense, and would be capable of running a much better gameplan with adjustments that Bradley is seemingly incapable of doing.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that Holmy comes here as an OC. Too much history.

I wouldn't mind Jon Gruden as an OC. We know how much he loves Russell Wilson, plus *in an ideal universe* Pete can just let him do the offensive work, and he can focus on the D.

I don't know much about the defensive guys.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't wanna just rattle off other teams Offensive and Defensive Coordinators that I would like to have, since lateral moves to other teams don't really happen that often when you're having major success where you are. Instead, here are some positional coaches that I think could be intriguing candidates.

Offensive Coordinator

Chick Harris- Current Running Backs Coach for the Houston Texans.

Bobby Turner- Current Assistant Head Coach/Running Backs Coach for the Washington Redskins.

Glen Thomas- Current Quarterbacks Coach for the Atlanta Falcons.

Terry Robiskie- Current Wide Receivers Coach for the Atlanta Falcons.

Defensive Coordinator

John Hoke- Current Defensive Backs Coach for the Chicago Bears.

Bill Kollar- Current Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line Coach for the Houston Texans.

Last edited by TheOsprey on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
I don't wanna just rattle off other teams Offensive and Defensive Coordinators that I would like to have, since lateral moves to other teams don't really happen that often when you're having major success where you are. Instead, here are some positional coaches that I think could be intriguing candidates.

Offensive Coordinator

Bobby Turner- Current Assistant Head Coach/Running Backs Coach for the Washington Redskins.

Defensive Coordinator

Bill Kollar- Current Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line Coach for the Houston Texans.

a WR coach as a DC? That's some Eagles kinda thinking, dont know anything about him but why would a recievers coach be a good choice as DC?
Pithy Radish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of these are going to happen, ESPECIALLY Jon Gruden and Holmgren. Gruden, and Holmgren will only come if he is offered a HC position. In the end we stick with Bevell/Bradley going into next season.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

Offensive Coordinator

Defensive Coordinator

a WR coach as a DC? That's some Eagles kinda thinking, dont know anything about him but why would a recievers coach be a good choice as DC?

Ummmmm..... Robiskie was the Raiders OC from 1989-93. He was also the Interim Head Coach of the Browns for 4 games, before the permanent job went to Romeo Crennel. The guy has a ton of coaching experience.
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
That's not the point.......

He's questioning why someone would switch sides of the football. Didn't play well for the Eagles, the main reason for the question.

IDOG_det

#JDI
CanadianHawk75

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:

Offensive Coordinator

Defensive Coordinator

I hear ya Osprey, I only listed Holmgren and Rivera because I knew they are basically on their way out.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
^

He's questioning why someone would switch sides of the football. Didn't play well for the Eagles, the main reason for the question.

Oooops! That was my bad. He's supposed to be under the OC spot. I'll change it. I didn't even realize I did that. Embarassed
sirensong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:
^

Oooops! That was my bad. He's supposed to be under the OC spot. I'll change it. I didn't even realize I did that. Embarassed

Wink
bill21792

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid?? Just hope he doesn't abandon the run to quickly...

Wish we could steal Wade Phillips. Honestly I'd trade some picks for him. He helped transform a defense that was the worst pass D in the league in 2010 into an great defense in just one year.

Maybe Ron Rivera for DC??
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rex Ryan continues to run the Sanchez train...he may be on the market sooner rather than later. There would be few spots with a more talent on D then Seattle...

There is no one better at creating pressure in the league except maybe - Labeau.

"We all we got, we all we need"
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
If Rex Ryan continues to run the Sanchez train...he may be on the market sooner rather than later. There would be few spots with a more talent on D then Seattle...

There is no one better at creating pressure in the league except maybe - Labeau.

Pete Carroll and Rex Ryan.

Imagine all of that arrogance.
silus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OC has improved with each game if anyone cares to be objective. Play calling has improved leaps and bounds especially since they stopped protecting their rookie QB. All I see now are people whining about one or two play calls here and there. Same crap happens with every other teams gameday threads. Team is 4-4 heading into the strong part of the season. Lets see what happens.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
OC has improved with each game if anyone cares to be objective. Play calling has improved leaps and bounds especially since they stopped protecting their rookie QB. All I see now are people whining about one or two play calls here and there. Same crap happens with every other teams gameday threads. Team is 4-4 heading into the strong part of the season. Lets see what happens.

Too lazy to look it up but I think we have the worst 3rd down defense in the league and over the last four games, our defense has been lifeless. I appreciate the optimism but I gotta believe there are better DCs around that can work with the talent we have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: