Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hogan Waived
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gang-Green!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Hogan Waived Reply with quote

Per www.panthers.com

10/29/2012 Waived from injured reserve CB Brandon Hogan
UKpantherfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He showed promise late last season. WTF?!

Must be more to this.
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKpantherfan wrote:
He showed promise late last season. WTF?!

Must be more to this.

Probably the fact that he hasn't been able to get over his knee injury more than anything.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it before and i'll say it again, this guy should NOT have been drafted. He tore his ACL in the BOWL GAME for Christ sake. Why we WASTED a 4th round pick on a guy who was on the shelf is totally beyond me.

Just another example of why Hurney is gone and should be gone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

high risk high reward pick and we got burned. time to move on

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
I said it before and i'll say it again, this guy should NOT have been drafted. He tore his ACL in the BOWL GAME for Christ sake. Why we WASTED a 4th round pick on a guy who was on the shelf is totally beyond me.

A 4th round pick you can take chances on it wasnt a 1st or 2nd !

Thanks CK
boondock

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

Agreed. 4th round picks is where you can start taking chances on guys that might be boom or bust. It's a low risk, high reward scenario.

Sometimes you luck out and get a Frank Alexander or Josh Norman, like we did this past year. Sometimes, you get someone who probably shouldn't be in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, taking risks is one thing, but the new rule for the incoming GM should be: "No taking recent/y injured players"

Especially if it's a knee injury. Take a risk on a guy when you have a solid team and you can afford a delay. Not when you're building a franchise from the ashes.

Norman has filled what would have been Hogan's spot and I think he's doing well considering how much QBs were going at him before. Whoever the knew defensive coach is has to let him be tight on receivers though.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had Hogan not been injured, he was probably a 2nd round pick. Just because something doesn't pay off doesn't mean its a bad risk.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

Agreed. 4th round picks is where you can start taking chances on guys that might be boom or bust. It's a low risk, high reward scenario.

Sometimes you luck out and get a Frank Alexander or Josh Norman, like we did this past year. Sometimes, you get someone who probably shouldn't be in the NFL.

Excuse me but did you just say we "lucked out" on picking Josh Norman in the 4th round? First of all, he would have been around in the 6th. Lets just make that clear right now.

Second of all, he's absolute garbage. Rookie or not, he flat out sucks. He gets burned every single play. Has he even broken up one pass this year? I mean really.

Where's those "Most burned CBs" stats, cuz i'm sure we're gonna find Josh Norman at the top of that list.

I really don't understand why anybody who has eyeballs thinks this guy is good.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
high risk high reward pick and we got burned. time to move on

I'm all for high risk, high reward, but why not go for a guy who's simply got character issues but can probably be elite, rather than some golden boy who has a busted up knee.

Hell, Hogan had character issues AND a busted knee. He probably would have went undrafted.

We have made the most idiotic draft pics in the past 3 years than any other team in the NFL. Our performance on the field is proof of this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Had Hogan not been injured, he was probably a 2nd round pick. Just because something doesn't pay off doesn't mean its a bad risk.

Am I in the freaking twilight zone right now?

All I hear is "the Hogan pick wasn't a bad idea, even though he never saw the field and now he's been waived".

and

"Josh Norman is a great CB. The next Darelle Revis for sure".

Have you guys gone Mad?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
boondock wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

Excuse me but did you just say we "lucked out" on picking Josh Norman in the 4th round? First of all, he would have been around in the 6th. Lets just make that clear right now.

Second of all, he's absolute garbage. Rookie or not, he flat out sucks. He gets burned every single play. Has he even broken up one pass this year? I mean really.

Where's those "Most burned CBs" stats, cuz i'm sure we're gonna find Josh Norman at the top of that list.

The sentiment that I was implying is that sometimes you get a late round guy that can contribute right away. That's how we lucked out.

I'm not sure what games you have watched this year, but Norman has looked phenomenal. Outside of getting burned by the Giants, the kid has been on lock down for the most part. He's made rookie mistakes, but overall has played exceptionally well.

The guy would have been a higher pick had he gone to a better school. He was originally to go to Georgia to play football, but academics derailed that and he went locally to Costal Carolina.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
boondock wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

The sentiment that I was implying is that sometimes you get a late round guy that can contribute right away. That's how we lucked out.

I'm not sure what games you have watched this year, but Norman has looked phenomenal. Outside of getting burned by the Giants, the kid has been on lock down for the most part. He's made rookie mistakes, but overall has played exceptionally well.

The guy would have been a higher pick had he gone to a better school. He was originally to go to Georgia to play football, but academics derailed that and he went locally to Costal Carolina.

I've got NFL Game Rewind so I am planning to go back and review all of the Film on every game this year. But what i've seen so far is, "Norman had good coverage on the play" but the guy he had "good coverage" on still caught a TD in the end zone.

I don't care if he had "Good coverage" if he's still letting up big plays and TDs. He may as well be running down the field doing cart wheels if the guy he's covering still scores or makes a huge play.

I really don't see anything that you're seeing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally was hoping that he would pan out for us.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: