Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The things that are really irritating me.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigMoneysProtege

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
NPBrowns wrote:
Cribbs talking too much to the media. Thats the last thing this team needs is a distraction caused by him spouting off to the media.

Could not agree more. This has been allowed to go on for too many years now.

Sorry if I'm out of hte loop, but what did he say? I also thought he was kinda a media darling in CLE.

The present is a gift, and I just wanna be.
TypicalBrowns10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMoneysProtege wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
NPBrowns wrote:
Cribbs talking too much to the media. Thats the last thing this team needs is a distraction caused by him spouting off to the media.

Sorry if I'm out of hte loop, but what did he say? I also thought he was kinda a media darling in CLE.

He needs to do more for the team to be able to speak out IMO.
NPBrowns

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMoneysProtege wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
NPBrowns wrote:

Basically went on the radio to express that he wants to be featured more on the offense. Keep that s#!& in house.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NPBrowns wrote:
- Not using Cameron and his speed at TE. Why are we not running seam routes with him?

- Cribbs talking too much to the media. Thats the last thing this team needs is a distraction caused by him spouting off to the media.

- Lack of pass rush

- The 3rd down playcall on final drive against SD. Why call a rollout where you basically split the field in half and give your QB 2 options to throw to when a first down basically secures the win. Awful, Awful, Awful....I do give props to Weeden for at least sliding and running the clock more.

I was a little surprised the Chargers weren't flagged on that play for hitting Weeden after he slid. They may have thought the weather conditions played a part but usually that kind of a delayed hit on a sliding QB gets called. That is, unless there is some rule that the QB has to be beyond the LOS to be protected when he slides.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NPBrowns wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
NPBrowns wrote:

Basically went on the radio to express that he wants to be featured more on the offense. Keep that s#!& in house.

I think it's always been obvious he would like more time on offense. I know he said he was focusing on special teams this year but I think that was more of the coach speaking through him.

I don't think it is a distraction for anyone on the team that he wants to contribute more, really don't see that causing anyone to lose focus.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
NPBrowns wrote:
- Not using Cameron and his speed at TE. Why are we not running seam routes with him?

- Cribbs talking too much to the media. Thats the last thing this team needs is a distraction caused by him spouting off to the media.

- Lack of pass rush

- The 3rd down playcall on final drive against SD. Why call a rollout where you basically split the field in half and give your QB 2 options to throw to when a first down basically secures the win. Awful, Awful, Awful....I do give props to Weeden for at least sliding and running the clock more.

I was a little surprised the Chargers weren't flagged on that play for hitting Weeden after he slid. They may have thought the weather conditions played a part but usually that kind of a delayed hit on a sliding QB gets called. That is, unless there is some rule that the QB has to be beyond the LOS to be protected when he slides.

If you watch the replay, you'll see that the 2 Chargers actually hit each other and not Weeden. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong play.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
NPBrowns wrote:

- Lack of pass rush

If you watch the replay, you'll see that the 2 Chargers actually hit each other and not Weeden. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong play.

Yeah, that's the play. They both went to the ground to hit Weeden, but like a lot of plays the defenders mostly hit each other. I think it really looked worse than it was, and you are right Weeden didn't collect much punishment. That said, we've seen DJ flagged for less on a similar play, but once again with the slick field the refs may have figured it was innocent.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how weird, cribbs is on a contract year and he is complaining about not being used enough.

he wants to get that money
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the worst play calling on 3rd downs I've ever seen. All year long we do the same crap and I talked about this last week play action and throw to the fullback. So tired of us ending up with bad coaches.

Banner is gonna clean house. Start with Shurmer and Childress please.

Shot ourselves in the foot again!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that irks me is how many missed opportunites i.e. dropped interceptions we've had, the guy drops an int and people are patting him on the back...wth That could potentially be a TD if not save some field position from the punt, which could turn into no less than 3 points or a TD from the offense. We've has just as many dropped ints as we have dropped passes on offense, unacceptable

PSN: bench515lbs

Ahead of the curve....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: