Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The things that are really irritating me.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: The things that are really irritating me. Reply with quote

Holding on special teams my GOSH this makes my blood boil.

Offensive play calls. Why did we switch to play action scheme on every single pass play nobody believes we are going to run on 3rd and 10. This is so stupid. Why not just spread everyone out and let Weeden find someone?

Where was Cooper other than they play he dropped a ball? He has been our best possession receiver over the past 2 weeks.

Where is Benjamin other than running a stupid double reverse when we were moving the ball I haven't seen this kid.

Trent Richardson
For how very talented and physically gifted can you find a stinking hole and just run through it or run somebody over?? I hate the dancing in the back field.

O-Line
I don't think Weeden has been touched in like 3 weeks. These guys actually doing a great job.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The things that are really irritating me. Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:

Offensive play calls. Why did we switch to play action scheme on every single pass play nobody believes we are going to run on 3rd and 10. This is so stupid. Why not just spread everyone out and let Weeden find someone?

Where was Cooper other than they play he dropped a ball? He has been our best possession receiver over the past 2 weeks.

Where is Benjamin other than running a stupid double reverse when we were moving the ball I haven't seen this kid.

Trent Richardson
For how very talented and physically gifted can you find a stinking hole and just run through it or run somebody over?? I hate the dancing in the back field.

O-Line
I don't think Weeden has been touched in like 3 weeks. These guys actually doing a great job.

the guy just had a career day.....

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

NickZambo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The things that are really irritating me. Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:

Trent Richardson

O-Line
I don't think Weeden has been touched in like 3 weeks. These guys actually doing a great job

So why is this in the "things that are really irritating me" thread?

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More or less talking about season as a whole. I KNOW he's going to be one of the best backs in the NFL. Just making observation.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can add this to the list of things that irritate me:

The "I-judge-the-Browns-on-wins-and-losses" (AKA the I hate Holmgren / Shurmur / the Weeden pick) are complaining about Sunday's W.

Not pointing any fingers, it's just laughable.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The special teams holding, particularly on punting is PISSING ME OFF.

The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
You can add this to the list of things that irritate me:

The "I-judge-the-Browns-on-wins-and-losses" (AKA the I hate Holmgren / Shurmur / the Weeden pick) are complaining about Sunday's W.

Not pointing any fingers, it's just laughable.

And?
I'll make observations when ever I feel like it. I don't hate Holmgren, I didn't like the Weeden pick and I gave Shurmer a whole year before I said anything negative about him.

The guy isn't a head coach and he'll probably get fired.

I'm going to say what I want. If you take that win and just act like nothing needs to be improved then that is laughable and idiotic.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabaal Sheard??
Is he lost in the world of Kam Wimbley?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheard stats on the year.
22 tackles and 1 sack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The things that are really irritating me. Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:

I agree. Tober needs to go.

All depends on the play design. If the first read is over the middle, and you suck up a LB a few yards, it makes it a much easier completion. And PA was a good call, considering how well we ran the ball. don't see the issue here.

Here's the snap break down

Total snaps on offense = 65
Gordon- 61
Little- 59
Cooper- 15
Cribbs- 6
Benjamin- 5

Watson- 61
Cameron- 29
A. Smith- 23

I'd say thats a fair amount of snap distributions. Its obvious we thought we could run on them, and considering the conditions, Why would we put 3 WR's on the field alot? And 2 weeks do not make a career. He's a guy thats done well, but lets not get carried away.

He is still coming back from that hammy, and I think he's been on the injury report b/c of it. So I think its safe to assume they are limiting him for now.

Trent Richardson

I've mentioned this as well. He did so much better at it last night. I think the injury is part of it. He will get better I'd say. He's still learning that he's not the most physically gifted player on the field anymore.

O-Line

They have done very, very well. Hopefully the run blocking continues to improve.

There's my thoughts.
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The things that are really irritating me. Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:

I agree. Tober needs to go.

All depends on the play design. If the first read is over the middle, and you suck up a LB a few yards, it makes it a much easier completion. And PA was a good call, considering how well we ran the ball. don't see the issue here.

Here's the snap break down

Total snaps on offense = 65
Gordon- 61
Little- 59
Cooper- 15
Cribbs- 6
Benjamin- 5

Watson- 61
Cameron- 29
A. Smith- 23

I'd say thats a fair amount of snap distributions. Its obvious we thought we could run on them, and considering the conditions, Why would we put 3 WR's on the field alot? And 2 weeks do not make a career. He's a guy thats done well, but lets not get carried away.

He is still coming back from that hammy, and I think he's been on the injury report b/c of it. So I think its safe to assume they are limiting him for now.

Trent Richardson

I've mentioned this as well. He did so much better at it last night. I think the injury is part of it. He will get better I'd say. He's still learning that he's not the most physically gifted player on the field anymore.

O-Line

They have done very, very well. Hopefully the run blocking continues to improve.

There's my thoughts.

I understand play action don't get me wrong but we always do it on 3rd and long and it looks like it's designed to go to the fullback.

Nobody is worried or fooled.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:
Jabaal Sheard??
Is he lost in the world of Kam Wimbley?

I'm starting to get worried about him. I've re watched some of the game, and he's not getting doubled. I'm not really sure he knows what he's doing.

He's not setting up his pass rush moves. I don't think he's paying attention to down and distance. He's burying his head and shoulder into the chest of the OT as an attempt to bull rush instead of using his hands.

Sheard has a great inside move. This year he's become to rely on it. Last year, he would set that move up by going outside, outside, outside, then step outside and swim move inside. He's being careless.
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The things that are really irritating me. Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:
I understand play action don't get me wrong but we always do it on 3rd and long and it looks like it's designed to go to the fullback.

Nobody is worried or fooled.

I'm not defending the call entirely, I'm just saying it can make sense. I don't know if you have a particular play in mind or not. You don't have to "fool" anyone, but if it freezes them for just a moment, that may be all thats needed. And for how well the OL has been in pass pro, its worth the chance.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheard is getting by the OT but he is not turning the corner. I don't get it. I don't know how to eplain it I just know what I'm seeing but he is getting his hips behind the OT's hips if that makes any sense. After that he just keeps running up field and out of harms way. He is not turning the corner. I don't get it but I seem him get off the ball and beat the OT right away then still lose.

Jamison on the sig
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Sheard is getting by the OT but he is not turning the corner. I don't get it. I don't know how to eplain it I just know what I'm seeing but he is getting his hips behind the OT's hips if that makes any sense. After that he just keeps running up field and out of harms way. He is not turning the corner. I don't get it but I seem him get off the ball and beat the OT right away then still lose.

Like I said. He's being careless. And I know what you mean, He's not "running the arc" so to speak. He's just running himself behind the QB instead of pushing the pocket. He's not using his hands. He's loosing leverage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: