Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

W9 GDT: Atlanta Falcons (7-0) vs. Dallas Cowboys (3-4)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: W9 GDT: Atlanta Falcons (7-0) vs. Dallas Cowboys (3-4) Reply with quote

Date: November 4th, 2012
Time: 8:20 PM ET

XBL GT: l JGOLD l
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't find an image to work with. Don't like this pic but I'm lazy so deal with it. Laughing

XBL GT: l JGOLD l
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a good game. I'm excited for this one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only shot the Cowboys have in this game is the fact that they're great against undefeated teams mid-to-late season. Colts, Saints, Packers - knocked off all 3 on their undefeated runs the last few years (07, 09, 10 IIRC). Unfortunately our OL is in shambles, our run game is terrible, our WR's aren't on the same page as the QB, and Romo is making mistakes that have led to a lot of turnovers. Atlanta on the other hand has a fantastic D and a very good offense. If Rob Ryan and the D can slow you down, we might have a shot but my money would be on Atlanta.

Atlanta 24
Dallas 17

Sig courtesy of mack.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys win 63-3
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
Cowboys win 63-3

You know it's funny as an Eagles fan did something similar last week. I'm sure it's not serious but still I rolled a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Cowboys win 63-3

You know it's funny as an Eagles fan did something similar last week. I'm sure it's not serious but still I rolled a bit.

No, score isn't serious. However, I do think the Cowboys win. I think they're much better than their record indicates and these ridiculous, often flukey turnovers can't keep happening.
tech2186

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
adam9 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Cowboys win 63-3

No, score isn't serious. However, I do think the Cowboys win. I think they're much better than their record indicates and these ridiculous, often flukey turnovers can't keep happening.

Cowboys are def a fustrating team to watch. I actually like watching them play. They continously shoot themselves their feet tho. They have tremendous talent. I can def see them beating us but I think we def have to come in and play errorless football. If we can slow down Miles Austin and Witten we can be successful. Our Oline has to protect Ryan as Dallas will come after him early and often. We win the battle in the trenches and we win.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Weatherspoon is out

Sig courtesy of mack.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also - I would be rooting for an L if I was a Falcons fan... the last 3 times the Cowboys beat a 7-0 or better undefeated team, that team went on to win the SB according to eSPN Dallas

Sig courtesy of mack.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Also - I would be rooting for an L if I was a Falcons fan... the last 3 times the Cowboys beat a 7-0 or better undefeated team, that team went on to win the SB according to eSPN Dallas

Not ready to give up the national respect yet Laughing

And screw the Eagles!!!!! Making Spoon miss a primetime game is unacceptable!!!!!

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
CJ4life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to what should be an awesome game. Gonna be the first Falcon's game I get to watch in like a year, pretty excited!

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is worthy of its own thread, so ill just post it here...
If our Falcons can make it 3 more wins, and the Bucs lose three more games (along with the saints losing 2 and the panthers losing 1), we clinch the division. It's close and I think the last 4 or so weeks of the season will be battling for a bye and home field advantage for the playoffs, and getting everyone healthy. Not sure what to think about this but I guess we can all be happy Cool

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect a win with Romo's ability to throw it to the other jersey. That should be the difference maker. The Cowboys will have no running game, and Romo is going to have to pass, and he is going to make mistakes, and Asante at home, in front of primetime tv, will do something special.

Lock of the week:Turner rushes for 70 yards Very Happy

Falcons 23
Cowboys 17

#JDI
coors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cowboys are maybe my favorite team to watch play other than our Falcons, obviously. I like watching them play because put their record aside, they may have the most talent from top to bottom as any team in the entire league. I've been a Romo fan from day 1 of him coming into the league, because of his play as well as having ties to Eastern Illinois, which is where Romo went undrafted out of. From their backfield, I love me some DeMarco Murray. Murray has been a guy that I have loved to watch play the game from his days back at Oklahoma. His injury concerns are obviously nothing to take lightly, but the way he plays the game is contagious to watch. He runs the ball with what seems to be reckless abandon, seems as if he is one of those guys that puts out 110% effort on each and every snap because all it takes is one snap to end a career. I respect him for that.

When it comes to their receivers.. I also am a big fan of some of their guys. To start, Jason Witten is a MAN. I love his toughness, as well as his football IQ and natural pass catching abilities. From his days back at Tennessee and onto entering the draft, there hasn't been a TE that I would rather have over Witt (don't get me wrong, I like Gonzo just as much as anyone here, but because of TG's age now Witten would be an upgrade and there aren't many people considered an upgrade to Gonzo). For their WRs.. I've got to start with Dez Bryant. Dez has unbelievable amounts of talent when it comes to the WR position, to go along with his great size and athleticism for the position. Dex is also set apart from others because of his return ability.. he's shown that if you kick to him that you better be aware of the consequences. Even being as big of a fan I am of Dez, it's totally impossible to not mention his off field as well as on the field issues that he has.. and they are most definitely holding him back as a player and being able to grow up and mature. Dez has a terrible attitude, seems to me "me" first instead of "team" first.. which has affected his work ethic.. if he even has one. If Dez can somehow tighten up the screw thats loose somewhere up there.. than there is no reason that Dez couldn't get himself to be considered the best threat at WR in the entire NFL..

When it comes to defense.. DeMarcus Ware is truly a pleasure to be able to watch play football. Ware is IMO the best passrusher that the NFL has currently. Ware will beat you with power, he will beat you with speed, he will beat you with technique, he is someone that you just love watching. On top of all that, he is also a great guy off the field and does tons for the community.

And those are just a couple players on the team, like I said from top to bottom the talent that this Cowboy team has is just ridiculous. They have shown (like last week) that they are easily beatable.. they gave up a bunch of points in that loss to the GMen even though they came back at the end and were almost able to pull off a huge comeback, but when the 'Boys are "on" and playing the way that we all know they are capable of playing.. they could beat any team at any point.. and that's what scares me going into this game even at 7-0. If we don't show up 100% focused and ready to play, this could easily be our first loss of the season.

** quick edit --
I love myself some Jay Ratliff as well.. now that he has been healthy he is slowly but surly starting to look like the Jay Ratliff of old that was simply unblockable with 4 probowl trips and an all-pro. The Cowboys drafting Ratliff in the 7th round was way beyond a steal.. you could say it was robbery. Coming out of Auburn, people considered him as to small to be able to make an impact.. and boy was everyone wrong or what? At 6'4 300 I'm not really sure how that could be considered as undersized.. he seems big enough to me and there are most definitely defensive lineman out there that aren't as big as he is. But at the end of the day.. Ratliff is a guy that we absolutely need to account for, because he is stout against the run and very disruptive when it comes to his passrush. Yeah, we need to hold Big Jay in check. (another local Georgia boy.. from Valdosta. I wish we were able to bring in some more in state/local talent).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: