Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans sign Terrell McClain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Texans sign Terrell McClain Reply with quote

Quote:
Texans signed DT Terrell McClain.
DE David Hunter (foot) was sent to injured reserve in a corresponding move. The No. 65 pick of the 2011 draft, McClain was waived by the Panthers at final cuts before spending one week on the Patriots' active roster. Abysmal against the run to this point in his young career, McClain might not get many snaps to prove himself in Houston.

adopt-a-texan
ryan griffin, te: 2 receptions, 18 yards, 2 tackles
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...who? Never heard of him, doubt he will even suit up for the season. Insurance at most.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
...who? Never heard of him, doubt he will even suit up for the season. Insurance at most.

Another bust of a Carolina draft pick (3rd rounder in 2011). Rashad Butler provided some decent pinch hitting for us after being a 3rd round bust similarly cut after one year by Carolina. I'm telling you, the Texans recruiting goes as far as players Wade Phillips coached in the East-West Shine in 2011 as McClain was another standout from that week. Big penetrating measurables guy who probably had his college stats padded by playing 2010 with Pierre-Paul and Selvie at South Florida. Word on him is that he's got great upper body but no legs which leads to poor leverage and balance and tendency to get run over. He's replacing David Hunter folks, he's worth a flyer.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:

He was a 3rd round pick from USF, started every game he played (12) with the Panthers a year ago.

I like this pick up a lot. He is still really young and has starting experience. i am excited to see if Phillips and Kollar can do anything with him.

He was productive in college and posted pretty good combine numbers too.

adopt-a-texan
ryan griffin, te: 2 receptions, 18 yards, 2 tackles
jargin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who wishes Sunny Harris was healthy? I like what I saw from him a lot.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guys at BRB are speculating that we're moving Mitchell over to DE and are using McClain as NT depth.

I don't know how much I buy that though, because Cody's been playing hurt all season, so the potential that you might have to give extensive playing time to a street free agent who is notoriously terrible against the run seems like too big a gamble. That is, unless Bill Kollar is magic and turns McClain into a worthwhile player.

Kenney>Everyone else on here
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
The guys at BRB are speculating that we're moving Mitchell over to DE and are using McClain as NT depth.

I don't know how much I buy that though, because Cody's been playing hurt all season, so the potential that you might have to give extensive playing time to a street free agent who is notoriously terrible against the run seems like too big a gamble. That is, unless Bill Kollar is magic and turns McClain into a worthwhile player.

Whatever happened to Loni Fangupo? I know someone said something about him a long time ago, but I simply forget what I have heard since then.

I wouldn't mind Mitchell taking snaps at DE.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
kenney wrote:

Whatever happened to Loni Fangupo? I know someone said something about him a long time ago, but I simply forget what I have heard since then.

I wouldn't mind Mitchell taking snaps at DE.

Seattle signed Fangupo after we cut him.

jargin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Mitchell. I like Jamison a lot too, it sucks that he tore the Achilles. He was a really solid guy on the DL last year. You guys think that a 350 pound space eater is still on our draft and free agency radar for next year?

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimes has been waived. Time to cut somebody and sign him to the active roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: