Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jared Cook asking for a trade?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Jared Cook asking for a trade? Reply with quote

Quote:
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports
#Titans TE Jared Cook has played less than 50 percent of the team's snaps in 4 of the team's 8 games this season

Quote:
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports
Don't be surprised if Cook's agents are asking for a trade. When asked about it, been told "no comment." #Titans

Palmer - I hate you. It seems like each week Hass has played Cook get's fewer and fewer snaps. Completely ridiculous that we have such a weapon in Cook but refuse to use him.

Quote:
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports
Indications are a trade has been requested for #Titans TE Jared Cook. The NFL trade deadline is tomorrow. Cook's in last year of deal

This isn't looking good guys.
VinceYoung1010

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this happens i will cry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow not a lot of time to make it happen if it's going to happen. Wonder how long this has been going on without public acknowledgment?

What do you guys think his trade value is? I have no idea. Huge potential, but for a variety of reasons he's never really emerged, IMO.
EddieGeorge27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anymore disappointing news?

If Palmer really can't effectively use Cook then Cook is not the one we need to get rid of. Its embarrassing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cook could easily be one of the best TE's in the NFL. The fact that we lack to use him properly is very sad and pathetic.
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame Cook. He has top 5 potential and he's on the field so little. Horrible coaching and scheming. Quit experimenting with Stevens because he's not even close to Cooks talent.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Wow not a lot of time to make it happen if it's going to happen. Wonder how long this has been going on without public acknowledgment?

What do you guys think his trade value is? I have no idea. Huge potential, but for a variety of reasons he's never really emerged, IMO.

I really have no idea what his value would be... All I know is if he goes to the Pats I'll cry.

He could put up huge numbers if we used him right. We need Locker to get back in there and feed cook.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks all around. Even if we don't trade him, I don't think there is anyway that he'll want to stay around and who can blame him. Cook is easily one of our best offensive playmakers and we're not using him. Someone would be getting a gem with Cook.

Edit: Thinking about it more. How and Why has Cook only played in 50% or less plays in half of our games? That is just stupid. Palmer is officially on my hot seat.

Zach Brown-
Taylor Thompson-

Last edited by TitanSlim on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few thoughts:

A) This lines up with a strange interview he gave a few weeks ago where he all but threw Palmer under the bus. He wasn't a jerk about it, but he didn't go out of his way to make Palmer sound good.

2) Pretty clear at this point (if indeed he requested a trade) that he doesn't want to be here long term. If he wants out, why not try to get something for him? He's young, lots of potential, apparently doesn't want to be here.

d) With the offensive changes we've seen in recent weeks Stevens and Thompson can do what's required from the TEs pretty effectively. I don't know if Palmer has made changes to suit the QB change or if he's decided his previous plan just wasn't going to work, but if the recent changes are here to stay then Cook's value for this team, at this time, has dropped.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
I don't blame Cook. He has top 5 potential and he's on the field so little. Horrible coaching and scheming. Quit experimenting with Stevens because he's not even close to Cooks talent.

I get using Stevens more because he is being used as a lead blocker occasionally and he was helping Otto some yesterday, but we HAVE to get Cook on the field more. There is no excuse for that. I'd be pissed if I was Cook. This is his chance to land a big contract and he isn't getting nearly the amount of PT that he should get.
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
s_camp wrote:

I really have no idea what his value would be... All I know is if he goes to the Pats I'll cry.

He could put up huge numbers if we used him right. We need Locker to get back in there and feed cook.

No joke. A 3 TE formation in which none of them are used for blocking. I'd like to see it just for the novelty of it.
Double Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm with the rest of you. I don't blame him. He's criminally underused.

I can easily see him being a top 5 tight end in a better offense. Bummer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What really bothers me is how Palmer was so high on Thompson yet he hasn't done anything on offense. It's almost like he is forcing Cook out. The only way I see Cook staying if he isn't traded is if Palmer is out as OC.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow i seen him after the game yesterday and he was noticiy mad he was mumbling to himself walking up the stairs. I hope we dont trade but i understand why he was mad. He doesnt get many looks you know on that opening drive yesterday when it was 3rd an long an Hass threw an in route to Wash Cook went deep on the same side of the field an was wide open an Hass didnt even look his way it would of been a TD even worse was the over throw on our last drive of the game. I dont blame him for being upset i just dont want him to go

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate our coordinators.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: