Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jared Cook asking for a trade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not as though he was hugely productive last year with Hass either though. Only had 424 yards through the first 13 weeks of the season before exploding in the final three games.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move him to WR and call it a day. Let him work on route running instead of in line blocking.

He should be on the field more.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Move him to WR and call it a day. Let him work on route running instead of in line blocking.

He should be on the field more.

THIS!!!

I'm in full agreement here. Even at WR he'd still be a mismatch for defenders because of his freakish size and speed combo. Plus he's not a stranger to the position because that's what he was before they moved him to TE in college. By next season, Taylor Thompson can take over the TE spot opposite of Stevens.

Titanium

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have Britt, Wash and Wright at receiver already, will he get enough chances at WR to be happy? Would he bump Wright outta his spot?

Hmmm..

Trade him.
prozac77

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well crap.
That kinda seals Cook's fate. I know the FO was working on an extension with him throughout the year but it doesn't look like Cook and his agent are too interested. It really is maddening how little they give him the ball. Whether it is Palmer or the QB's, he should get the ball more. On drag routes, up the seam, wherever. The guy can make plays. He's F'ing huge and can make insane adjustments on the ball.
Don't care for him as a blocker at all though.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Holy Trade Rumors! It appears that Jared Cook is tired of watching Titans offensive plays from the bench and wants himself some more action. Whats he going to do about it? Well hes going to demand himself a trade of course. Cook is actually third on the team in terms of pass routes run, and has been on the field for 68.2% of all Titans passing plays. Hes viewed as something of a liability in the run game and as a result his total percentage of team snaps is at 56.2%. Its hard to see him midseason finding a team where hell get more playing time.

--- https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/29/pff-reaction-blog-week-8/
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Local radio raised a good point...
It has to be something Cook isn't doing.

No coach, not even Palmer, wants their best players sitting on the bench. If they could put him out there, I think they would. Either because he sucks so bad at run blocking or something...

But I'm of the school of mind, find what he is good at and work to that.....does it make you more predictable, yeah but if the other team can't stop it anyway....let's roll with it..
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Quote:
Holy Trade Rumors! It appears that Jared Cook is tired of watching Titans offensive plays from the bench and wants himself some more action. Whats he going to do about it? Well hes going to demand himself a trade of course. Cook is actually third on the team in terms of pass routes run, and has been on the field for 68.2% of all Titans passing plays. Hes viewed as something of a liability in the run game and as a result his total percentage of team snaps is at 56.2%. Its hard to see him midseason finding a team where hell get more playing time.

--- https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/29/pff-reaction-blog-week-8/

This x100. where is a guy, with a history of struggling to learn offenses, gonna go and get more playing time than he currently gets... mid-season. Short answer is nowhere.

Plus the Titans hold all leverage. At the end of the season they can offer him a contract, if he refuses they can franchise him. I'm confused by this idea people have as if Jared Cook can choose to be traded because he's unhappy.

Jared Cook is going nowhere. In related news, the sky is not falling.

**RIP Steve McNair**
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TITANS!

I
AM
ET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSN: TytybearsFan21
Add me or else! Twisted Evil
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
TITANS!

I
AM
ET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just...I don't even...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, when Hass is back there, I'd much rather have Stevens- Hass needs the run game to function well. Locker and his arm have a far better ability to spread defenses than Hass does, and I believe we have a better team with Cook on the field a lot. But when Hass is in, we need Stevens blocking to really get things going in the run game.

That's my guess as to why Cook's play percentage has been dropping so much. He just can't contribute nearly as much in the run game. Plus, with Roos out last week, Stevens needed to be in to chip Freeney.

I love Cook, have him on my fantasy team, and he's clearly very talented. He's just better suited for an offense like the Saints. When Locker is back, we'll probably go in that direction. But right now, Stevens is the tight end we need.

I'm guessing he's tagged or gone after this year (depending on how the coaches feel about Taylor Thomspon). Tagged if we're not ready to trust Thompson, gone if we are. I'm also guessing he has a ton of success wherever he goes. I hope he gets tagged, and gets a year in a spread out, passing offense led by Locker. But hey, that's how the chips fall.
prozac77

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I know how I feel about him, and I know how coaches feel about him, Hasselbeck said of Cook. He is a great player. If anything, I feel like I should throw him the ball more. He makes plays for us and I like him a lot. He is definitely a big part of what we are doing.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2012/10/31/hasselbeck-wants-to-get-cook-ball-more/

Guess we'll see what happens on Sunday.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine Cook goes off Sun 8 Catches 110 yards 2 TDs upset over the Bears

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Local radio raised a good point...
It has to be something Cook isn't doing.

No coach, not even Palmer, wants their best players sitting on the bench. If they could put him out there, I think they would. Either because he sucks so bad at run blocking or something...

That sums up my thoughts. Coaches lose their jobs if the team doesn't win or perform well for a coordinator. I refuse to believe they are purposely sitting him just out of spite - risking their careers. Makes no sense. It has to be something major lacking in cook's game. Something that may not be obvious to the average titans fan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to play schemes that are best suited for our players instead of forcing players into a scheme. Thats why we suck a lot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: