Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jared Cook asking for a trade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titanium

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't see Palmer getting canned just because Cook is mad.

If Hass or Locker were complaining than, yeah, maybe Palmer would be in trouble. I'm not a big Palmer fan...either.

If Cook is mad and wants to be traded and can't put in a good effort for the Titans than they may as well see what they can get for him. Confused
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
John Glennon ‏@glennonsports

Munchak says doesn't know about Cook trade request. Says it's not something likely to happen.

How would Munch not know about it?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the Titans trade him.

The real issue is that be size of his free agency his value is really diminished. I don't think the Titans will get anything close to what they would want.
rooskie84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Quote:
John Glennon ‏@glennonsports

Munchak says doesn't know about Cook trade request. Says it's not something likely to happen.

How would Munch not know about it?

LOL!
Titans_31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cook isn't worth a franchise tag imo he would be getting paid as much as gronk witten gonzales hernadaze (spell) gates and davis hes got the talent but the guy only really produces about 3 or 4 games a year he isn't nearly consistent enough to try to build and offense around. To me hes a complement to chris Johnson and are receivers i dont think are offense would miss a beat without him. Im a big Cool fan but if he wamts out what are we loosing? 500 yards and 2 or 3 touchdowns? Stevens can put up those kinda numbers and produce much better in the running game.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
Cook isn't worth a franchise tag imo he would be getting paid as much as gronk witten gonzales hernadaze (spell) gates and davis hes got the talent but the guy only really produces about 3 or 4 games a year he isn't nearly consistent enough to try to build and offense around. To me hes a complement to chris Johnson and are receivers i dont think are offense would miss a beat without him. Im a big Cool fan but if he wamts out what are we loosing? 500 yards and 2 or 3 touchdowns? Stevens can put up those kinda numbers and produce much better in the running game.
We'd be losing out on our most consistently open weapon that has caught 70% of the passes thrown his direction this season. He can only run his routes and get separation, can't force himself onto the field or force Hass to look his way.

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Titans_31 wrote:
We'd be losing out on our most consistently open weapon that has caught 70% of the passes thrown his direction this season. He can only run his routes and get separation, can't force himself onto the field or force Hass to look his way.

Eh, he's at 70%, but Stevens is at 75%. Cook does some things very well - including the seam route, which opposing defenses can't seem to figure out - but it's not like he catches everything that comes his way and runs the entire route tree like a WR.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For one, this shouldn't be a Stevens vs. Cook issue. Both of them are great contributors in their own way. Cook can create better mismatches against defenders for more explosive plays, and Stevens is both a good blocker and a better pass catching threat than people want to give him credit for. If anything, I'd like to see more of them on the field as a duo rather than switching them out. Losing Cook would be a big mistake IMO, and we need to find was to take full advantage of his abilities.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's pretty telling when all of us can see that Hass isn't looking at Cook and he isn't getting the ball enough, and now he is asking for a trade. Makes me feel like it's less on Cook and more on our FO/Coaching staff.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I think it's pretty telling when all of us can see that Hass isn't looking at Cook and he isn't getting the ball enough, and now he is asking for a trade. Makes me feel like it's less on Cook and more on our FO/Coaching staff.
I've said this numerous times, but when I finally got to see a game in person in Minnesota, I was honestly shocked at how often he got behind the defense and open.

He's not the crispest route runner, but the guy just finds his way into space. I don't care if we want to line him up at receiver every play, he needs to be out on the field a helluva lot more than 50% of the time.

titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I've said this numerous times, but when I finally got to see a game in person in Minnesota, I was honestly shocked at how often he got behind the defense and open.

He's not the crispest route runner, but the guy just finds his way into space. I don't care if we want to line him up at receiver every play, he needs to be out on the field a helluva lot more than 50% of the time.

Think it was the second drive of the game, but Stevens and Cook are running basically the same route and Hass tries to force it into Stevens for an incompletion. Cook was wide open literally 5 feet from Stevens who had a LB draped all over him.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, assuming you're talking about the play I'm thinking of, Stevens ran a short five-yard curl and Cook ran a quick out route. Defender collapsed on Stevens leaving Cook free towards the sideline but Stevens was the primary read and Hass didn't bother looking Cook's way. It happens way too often.

s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Yup, assuming you're talking about the play I'm thinking of, Stevens ran a short five-yard curl and Cook ran a quick out route. Defender collapsed on Stevens leaving Cook free towards the sideline but Stevens was the primary read and Hass didn't bother looking Cook's way. It happens way too often.

Perhaps Cook found out about Jake's shoulder, reached the obvious conclusion that Hass is probably going to be the starter for the rest of the year, and decided he wants out sooner rather than later.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Perhaps Cook found out about Jake's shoulder, reached the obvious conclusion that Hass is probably going to be the starter for the rest of the year, and decided he wants out sooner rather than later.
Can't blame him. He knows he's not going to put up the numbers he is capable of with Hass under center and he wants an opportunity to close out the year elsewhere and increase his FA stock.

s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Can't blame him. He knows he's not going to put up the numbers he is capable of with Hass under center and he wants an opportunity to close out the year elsewhere and increase his FA stock.

I can see why he'd feel that way, but playing with Hasselbeck didn't seem to drag him down too much last year. Weird situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: