Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jared Cook asking for a trade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
I can't believe people are saying things like "Palmer doesn't know football" over this..

With the strides Locker has made, the strides Britt has made(when healthy, anyway), Wright looking better each week, Nate Washington completely turning his career around, going from butterfingers to arguably our most sure handed receiver, the improvement our offensive line has made this year, CJ getting back to normal, etc...

And he suddenly "doesn't know football" because he doesn't involve one man, and the people are saying this without even knowing what's going on? Laughing

That's the thing though. You have a young QB who is inaccurate at times. He needs big targets aka a security blanket such as Cook. The guy had top 5 TE numbers during a stretch last year and the beginning of this year but now we aren't using him. When you have a guy like that you use him. Any other team would LOVE to have him. Yet we aren't using the guy.

Quote:
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports
I'll say this on Jared Cook front: I don't think for a second the #Titans will trade him. Will they utilize him more? That's the question

I really think getting Locker back in there will prove how much of an asset Cook really is.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they won't trade him.
They have too much leverage.
Unless someone came with a blockbuster trade and why would they....then you don't trade him.

Franchise him at the end of the year and move on...

He isn't used alot but we do have to remember he couldn't get on the field with Dinger cause he couldn't "get it."

I think Palmer has found things he is good at and can handle. Some blame goes to Cook because I don't think he is the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to football IQ.

However, if Palmer can't find a way to get the ball to him more it is fault too.

But I don't think for a second they will trade him..
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better not trade hiom unless we can get a 1st, franchise him and try and sign him to an extension next year, but in the meantime we HAVE GOT TO throw him some more passes. This sucks! I love Cook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will get like a 4th rounder if we trade him or a 3rd. But I don't see it happening.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO MAD!!!

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1. Nate "The Great" Washington
2. Michael Preston
Niznag74

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big Cook fan and would love to see him stay for Locker, but at the same time I am a big Stevens fan too. What we need is a player like Gronk that can block and catch. I'm not a fan of having a TE that can only catch, I really wish Cook would get it together and block much better so he can stay on the field much more.
Blazed-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
EddieGeorge27 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
EddieGeorge27 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
I think Palmer this year has shown he's a solid offensive coordinator.

Leads me to believe the problem is with Cook, not Palmer.

Confused

I doubt that, Cook has outperformed everybody when he gets thrown to, and Thompson has shown nothing outside of blocking.

True, but Stevens performs well enough when thrown to and Cook is the worst blocker of the three. If Palmer needs a TE to block like a champ and be useful, but not spectacular, in the passing game, then Cook's ship has sailed.

I do love Stevens, but if Palmer cannot adapt his game plan to fit his most talented player, then Palmer's ship has also sailed.

Most talented player? I'd say CJ and Britt are both more talented than Cook. CJ has looked really good lately, thanks in part to offensive formations that specifically do not involve Cook but do involve the other TEs. I don't think that's a coincidence. Britt... well CJ has looked good lately.

CJ sucked last year with Stevens playing more than Cook last year because of his blocking.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jared Cook goes elsewhere, be it this season, next year or the year after, he will put up huge numbers. The guy gets better separation than anyone on the team but is rarely the primary read and Hass simply doesn't look his way enough.

And then when he does, he misses him when he's running free down the seam for a potential game-winning touchdown.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazed- wrote:
s_camp wrote:
EddieGeorge27 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
EddieGeorge27 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
I think Palmer this year has shown he's a solid offensive coordinator.

Leads me to believe the problem is with Cook, not Palmer.

Confused

I doubt that, Cook has outperformed everybody when he gets thrown to, and Thompson has shown nothing outside of blocking.

True, but Stevens performs well enough when thrown to and Cook is the worst blocker of the three. If Palmer needs a TE to block like a champ and be useful, but not spectacular, in the passing game, then Cook's ship has sailed.

I do love Stevens, but if Palmer cannot adapt his game plan to fit his most talented player, then Palmer's ship has also sailed.

Most talented player? I'd say CJ and Britt are both more talented than Cook. CJ has looked really good lately, thanks in part to offensive formations that specifically do not involve Cook but do involve the other TEs. I don't think that's a coincidence. Britt... well CJ has looked good lately.

CJ sucked last year with Stevens playing more than Cook last year because of his blocking.

You think the schematic changes to the offense have had no impact on the running game?

Also your avatar is just a bit too large.
JerseyTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way in hell we trade Cook. If I had to guess, I'd say we franchise him if he isn't resigned. Our TE's just aren't skilled (Stevens) or experienced (Thompson) enough to replace him yet
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyTitan wrote:
There is no way in hell we trade Cook. If I had to guess, I'd say we franchise him if he isn't resigned. Our TE's just aren't skilled (Stevens) or experienced (Thompson) enough to replace him yet

It doesn't sound like he's very interested in resigning with the team. I know money talks, but I think it's beyond money for him. His playing time is taking a nose dive and it's apparent he doesn't see eye-to-eye with the OC. They could tag him, but would be become a problem in the locker room in that case? I don't know.

As for the other guys replacing him, you're right if you're talking about the way he was used last year, i.e., essentially a massive WR. But this year he's been more of a true TE and Stevens is a better fit in that role, and frankly he produces pretty well in his own right as a pass receiver so long as you don't expect him to line up out wide.
Titanium

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see us getting anymore than a 3rd rounder for him.

Seems like he should be used more than he is, he's made some big plays. Wonder what the real deal is.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:

Seems like he should be used more than he is, he's made some big plays. Wonder what the real deal is.

That's why I feel Cook is the problem here. Palmer has shown he knows how to use the rest of the talent on this team. I don't think he looks at Cook and says "well, hell, how do I use this guy?".
Niznag74

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Titanium wrote:

That's why I feel Cook is the problem here. Palmer has shown he knows how to use the rest of the talent on this team. I don't think he looks at Cook and says "well, hell, how do I use this guy?".

I agree, last year he got lots of reps out wide bc of injuries at WR. I think if he had a true understanding of what they are asking him to do at TE he would be on the field much more.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cook makes plays every game why hes not involved more is beyond me

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: