Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mays out for season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
I almost wouldn't put it past the coaches to keep Woodyard on a passing down role. Sure, he shines when we play pass heavy teams like the Saints and such, but if we played a team that was half way decent running the ball, we wouldn't be having that conversation.

Make DJ and Brooking play together with Von in the base defense then sub out Brooking for Woodyard.

That would be my first or 2nd choice with the other being DJ just replacing Brooking fully and Woodyard still starting.

I hear ya, but Winder brought up a great point. Our LB's are starting to develop some chemistry. Youngsters are stepping up well in sub packages and backup roles.

DJ doesn't like the middle, it's a brand new defense, and basicallly it'll be like coming in off the street. He hasn't even been allowed in the facility and has virtually no experience with our present "D" starters from DL through Secondary.

Should be interesting to see how it develops.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
I almost wouldn't put it past the coaches to keep Woodyard on a passing down role. Sure, he shines when we play pass heavy teams like the Saints and such, but if we played a team that was half way decent running the ball, we wouldn't be having that conversation.

Make DJ and Brooking play together with Von in the base defense then sub out Brooking for Woodyard.

That would be my first or 2nd choice with the other being DJ just replacing Brooking fully and Woodyard still starting.

I hear ya, but Winder brought up a great point. Our LB's are starting to develop some chemistry. Youngsters are stepping up well in sub packages and backup roles.

DJ doesn't like the middle, it's a brand new defense, and basicallly it'll be like coming in off the street. He hasn't even been allowed in the facility and has virtually no experience with our present "D" starters from DL through Secondary.

Actually once DJ's 6 game suspension was up he was allowed back, he just can't practice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

Actually once DJ's 6 game suspension was up he was allowed back, he just can't practice.

Didn't know that. How does that work?

Your 2nd DUI isn't as bad as a controlled substance violation? Probably shouldn't let MADD know.
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer for Mays. Maybe it will turn out ok if Mays ends up going to a team with a downhill TED backer role.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: