Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mays out for season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncostrings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Mays out for season Reply with quote

Sorry no link. 104.3 the fan is reporting Joe Mays season is over.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broken leg. tough break, no pun intended. We'll miss him on special teams, and against the run.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4943/joe-mays

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked bad when it happened. Shame for Mays, who I have heard over the past few years is a great guy and immensely popular. Twitter is saying the same about him. Hate to lose a captain/leader to injury like that.

That being said, Brooking has actually, IMO, been playing fairly well.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although he deserved to be benched, I feel bad for him. High effort player and respected in the locker room. First the demotion, then the injury.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Although he deserved to be benched, I feel bad for him. High effort player and respected in the locker room. First the demotion, then the injury.

I agree. Unfortunately he may have played his last game for the Broncos. Who becomes the back up to Brookings? Johnson or Irving?
DtownBeatdown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this I'm not sure how we don't do everything possible to move up for manti which I'm all for.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DtownBeatdown wrote:
With this I'm not sure how we don't do everything possible to move up for manti which I'm all for.

Because Joe Mays wasn't going to change our approach on getting a LB. We don't need one anymore because he went down.

I like T'eo A LOT. However, so does everyone else. I just don't think we will be in a position to get him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevathan and Irving have been seeing more time as of late anyways, unfortunate for Mays(hope he recovers quickly) but we'll be just fine without him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any LBs on the trade block?
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Trevathan and Irving have been seeing more time as of late anyways, unfortunate for Mays(hope he recovers quickly) but we'll be just fine without him.

Not just that but both Irving and Trevathan looked very good last night. Ill be interested in watching the film when it comes out. Hopefully, they both continue to progress as the season moves on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might open the door for DJ to come back. After last night, I thought the Broncos might dump DJ, but this opens a spot for him..... Maybe.

Mays is not much of a loss from what I can see. There are other capable players on our roster to play ST's.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
This might open the door for DJ to come back. After last night, I thought the Broncos might dump DJ, but this opens a spot for him..... Maybe.

Mays is not much of a loss from what I can see. There are other capable players on our roster to play ST's.

Where do you put him though Winder and who do you sit?
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Winder23 wrote:

I'm just guessing but probably Brooking. DJ gets off blocks and gets to the play better and he still has the instincts to know where to go. He's no where near the liability in coverage either.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Winder23 wrote:

Eventually Brooking will be exposed at MLB. He has lost a step and it will show at some point. If DJ is in shape and is willing to work in slowly he can play some MLB. He is a better player than Brooking and in the NFL the best players usually play.

It will be up to Elway and Fox how they want to handle this. There is some chemistry developing so this all may be a moot point. DJ could be released outright. The problem with that would be giving a potential contender a shot at him and thus indirectly hurting our team. Tough spot for Elway and Co.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost wouldn't put it past the coaches to keep Woodyard on a passing down role. Sure, he shines when we play pass heavy teams like the Saints and such, but if we played a team that was half way decent running the ball, we wouldn't be having that conversation.

Make DJ and Brooking play together with Von in the base defense then sub out Brooking for Woodyard.

That would be my first or 2nd choice with the other being DJ just replacing Brooking fully and Woodyard still starting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: