Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9: Carolina Panthers vs. Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Got a question to those hating on the coaching staff?

When a player has a penalty or a few as we did inside the 10. Is that the coaches fault also, or is it the fault of the player for not executing?

When the [inappropriate/removed] staff can't call the rite plays inside the 10 to get in the endzone who fault is that?

Are the right plays only ones that work?

No one's that actually make sense. Did you not see the play-calling in the first half during our redzone possession? Tell me do you not know the plays that are coming once we line up?

The goaline run? Point out actual plays if they're so obvious.

On that goaline run, if Royster could actually block (lets not even get to Polumbus), he'd probably have had the edge. The only questionable bit was not having the far WR run a pass route.

Back to back same play runs to Morris, then a dumb as pass to Banks where I think we actually lost yards, and than the QB run that was stopped at the goal line.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

When a player has a penalty or a few as we did inside the 10. Is that the coaches fault also, or is it the fault of the player for not executing?

When the [inappropriate/removed] staff can't call the rite plays inside the 10 to get in the endzone who fault is that?

No one's that actually make sense. Did you not see the play-calling in the first half during our redzone possession? Tell me do you not know the plays that are coming once we line up?

On that goaline run, if Royster could actually block (lets not even get to Polumbus), he'd probably have had the edge. The only questionable bit was not having the far WR run a pass route.

Back to back same play runs to Morris, then a dumb as pass to Banks where I think we actually lost yards, and than the QB run that was stopped at the goal line.

Yes, running to our runner who's top 3 in the NFL is a bad idea. I'm sure the Vikings, Texans, and Niners all rage when they run inside the 20's with there RB.

The play to Banks is dumb, but that's only because I think he's a useless player. But the idea of using his speed and elusiveness in space isn't a bad play call. Than the only problem with the QB run was execution.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Yes, running to our runner who's top 3 in the NFL is a bad idea. I'm sure the Vikings, Texans, and Niners all rage when they run inside the 20's with there RB.

The play to Banks is dumb, but that's only because I think he's a useless player. But the idea of using his speed and elusiveness in space isn't a bad play call. Than the only problem with the QB run was execution.

Sir running the same play over and over again back to back is never smart I don't care were Morris is ranked. I thought the job of the OC was to outsmart the DC not give him the same look over and over in a game so he knows what ur doing or the play ur gonna call. The Pistol formation is getting old, teams are catching on to it. Hello play to win the game and try something new with ur playcalling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Sir running the same play over and over again back to back is never smart I don't care were Morris is ranked. I thought the job of the OC was to outsmart the DC not give him the same look over and over in a game so he knows what ur doing or the play ur gonna call. The Pistol formation is getting old, teams are catching on to it. Hello play to win the game and try something new with ur playcalling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pistol has 3 separate plays that can come out of it, 2 of which have been (and were working, in the game). If you want to blame someone, blame Griffin for handing it off instead of doing the option shovel or the PA Pass.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

The only problem I saw was going for it on three 4th downs early on in the game. We should have taken the points. Not having those 3 points affected our gameplan late in the game.

I disagree. This was dubbed a must win game, your D hasn't shown they can stop the opposing team, you need to gamble on your offense which has been Top 10 this year. It also worked 60% of the time in that game, but on the year they had done it over 90 percent of the time.

And lets be real, when you're on the 1 I'm pretty sure every coordinator is gonna go for that when they're down and in a must win game.
Agree to disagree. I understand its a must win game, but once you're at your 3rd 4th down on the same drive I think its time to take the points. More often than not missing out on opportunities for points ends up biting you in the butt at the end.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:

well at the same time, if the play to banks had worked everyone would be saying that was a great call also. So, same difference
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

well at the same time, if the play to banks had worked everyone would be saying that was a great call also. So, same difference

My distaste for Banks is not based on one play, but you're right had it worked it wouldn't have looked bad. Regardless, he's shown plenty of times now that he's a liability.

Kyle has some head scratching play calls from time to time but execution is killing our offense as much as anything. Our defense is both coach and execution.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

My distaste for Banks is not based on one play, but you're right had it worked it wouldn't have looked bad. Regardless, he's shown plenty of times now that he's a liability.

Kyle has some head scratching play calls from time to time but execution is killing our offense as much as anything. Our defense is both coach and execution.
i think your statement just proved both the offense and defensive problems are some coaching but mostly a failure of execution by our players. Our best players are injured or very young. It should surprise no one we are struggling with consistency.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

i think your statement just proved both the offense and defensive problems are some coaching but mostly a failure of execution by our players. Our best players are injured or very young. It should surprise no one we are struggling with consistency.

One or two "huh?" plays on offense is something every coordinator does. Kyles been damn good at orchestrating this offense this year, unlike his defensive counterpart.

Execution is either something you throw on Mike or something you throw on youth and inexperience.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
This defense either needs to find a real NT or move back to a 4-3. Cofield is not a NT.
yay! Something we can agree on. Laughing Cool
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So am I the only one who thinks that this Pistol/Option formation needs to be highly reduced as we add more regular QB formations to the offense B4 we really hender Rg3 and his development?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

One or two "huh?" plays on offense is something every coordinator does. Kyles been damn good at orchestrating this offense this year, unlike his defensive counterpart.

Execution is either something you throw on Mike or something you throw on youth and inexperience.
hasslett doesn't have his best defensive player on the field. Kyle has his best offensive player at his disposal. When Kyle didn't have this much talent on offense they struggled last year. Now Hasslets talent is really poor on the back end or injured.

Seems like a double standard to me.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

hasslett doesn't have his best defensive player on the field. Kyle has his best offensive player at his disposal. When Kyle didn't have this much talent on offense they struggled last year. Now Hasslets talent is really poor on the back end or injured.

Seems like a double standard to me.

Neither one seem to have the ability to execute consistently so both can go in my book. Even with Orakpo and Carriker our D was still getting burned and lacking pressure on the QB.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Preach on.

Kyle Shanahan has done well this year. While I have issues with some of the play-calls, specifically those with Banks, it is clear that this offense lacks playmakers. Lost Pierre Garcon, lost Sleepy Fred, lost Helu, Moss has the dropsies...you need to be a bit creative even if it fails, just to prove that you can and will.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
So am I the only one who thinks that this Pistol/Option formation needs to be highly reduced as we add more regular QB formations to the offense B4 we really hender Rg3 and his development?
i could see it being reduced some, but not eliminated. A lot of teams use it, including the steelers and patriots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: