Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9: Carolina Panthers vs. Washington Redskins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Week 9: Carolina Panthers vs. Washington Redskins Reply with quote

Where:
FEDEX Field

When: 1:00 pm

Carolina comes into the game at 1-6 and while their record reflects a team that is abysmal, their roster clearly says that they are not. There are some issues that need to be resolved in Carolina. The firing of the GM in the middle of the week is not a good sign for the FO and especially during the season.

Cam Newton has been average this year and while his weapons have been there, they have not really been in it. Their once 2 headed monster at RB is not really a threat anymore, and there has rumored talks of trading DeAngelo Williams.

Cam Newton has hit the proverbial sophomore slump. He currently has a 57.1% completion percentage and a QB rating of 75.2. Williams and Stewart are averaging below 4 yards a carry. Steve Smith is putting up good numbers but has yet to find the end zone. Brandon Lafell seems to be carrying that dept.

Carolina's defense seems to have a consistent pass rush. Charles Johnson leads all sacks with 5.5. Greg Hardy has 5.0 sacks and Dwan Edwards has 4.5

Luke Kuechly is having a good rookie campaign with 61 tackles currently. But Jon Beason is simming at being unproductive with 28 total tackles. Seem a bit of a disappointing season for Beason. The team as a total has just 6 INT's on the year which puts them at 19th in the league.

After an emotional loss to Chicago, I am not feeling that Carolina will come out and have the energy in them to push through a game against Washington.

Washington on the other hand is coming off an emotional loss in Pittsburgh in which DeAngelo Hall got ejected, Big Ben was able to control the play and keep the Washington defense guessing and reacting all day instead of being aggressive. Having Orakpo and Carriker out for the entire year is detrimental to what the defense can do up front, but not having Meriweather or Tanard Jackson for the secondary help hurts as well.

Tanard Jackson may never see the field again, and Meriweather cant seem to find the field. Williams has been productive but is not starting caliber. Doughty is and shouldn't be a full time starter. The other two, Gomes and Pugh are literally just depth guys.

Pittsburgh exposed the defense pretty badly in that game and I think Washington wants to come out and prove that they are better than that. The mistake I sense is that they look at Carolina, the 1-6 record and think that they can play half [inappropriate/removed] to beat such a team.

The Redskins seem to play to the level of their competition, but if the Skins can stick to the run game and let it conttrol the clock, then Washington should escape with a sound win. But letting Carolina stick around and hang around allows Newton to get his confidence, and when he has confidence, he plays at a much higher level.

As he goes, so do the Redskins. RGIII needs to be more productive in this game and his ability to shake the negative and persevere is what makes him special.

Morris needs to get the ball often and early. This is going to set up the passing game.

And hopefully we see more of this than we saw in the Pittsburgh game.

Washington comes into this game after a tough beat down by the Steelers and by all accounts, they are the Steelers. They have great coaches on both sides of the ball, they are lead by a spectacular QB in Ben Roesthlisberger. Washington will have to take this beat down and turn into something positive. Coming out and beating Carolina will do the trick, but its not going to be easy, as Chicago found out.

Its an exciting time in Washington to be seeing what our franchise can expect for some time to come. But as a team the Redskins really need to come together and fight for the team, the city and its fans. As a fan, we have put up with so much turmoil, lack of consistency, bad management, and neglecting the draft for the young players who want to make a name and going for the vets who have a name and just want to get paid.

There is a new culture in Washington. It starts with RGIII and his demeanor on the field. Its catching on and hopefully within the next few years the Redskins will have a disciplines controlled team on the field.
Till then, we have to worry about guys like D. Hall who have worn out their welcome in D.C. and need to move on.

That being said, I think that Washington comes out with something to prove.

Panthers 13
Redskins 31

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Last edited by mike23md on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Panthers are desperate for a win,scary opponent . WRs have to catch these passes,its unacceptable. Cam will have his best game og the year,if not career, against us.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they out yardaged the Bears about 2 to 1,, but lost .. They'll bite us bigtime..
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Skins aren't looking past the Panthers. If they do Car is very capable of beating them.

I pick the Skins to win.
Better run better run faster than RG3.

Last edited by FosterTheSkins on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the OP beautiful job Mike23.

I think the redskins win this one. The panthers secondary is nearly as bad as ours is and I think our wrs will bounce back and have a huge game. I also see Morris having a big game on the ground.

Panthers- 24
Redskins- 31

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I expect we will hear whether DHall will be suspended or not tomorrow. I'm thinking he probably will be. Shanahan is afraid he will be.

Shanahan also sees this game as a "must win" game.

Last weeks game was also the first game we had a 100 yard rusher against us and the first game we failed to get 100 yards rushing as a team. If we want to beat Carolina we have to keep that from happening again.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Panthers take it to us in this game. Cam goes for 300 and Haslett gets fired during the bye.

Panthers-28
Redskins-17
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is to Pierre Garcon returning after the bye week and us having our big play wr back.

also, Brandon Meriweather returns after the bye week, our secondary plays better because it finally has all 4 starters on the field at the same time. The secondary plays better than in its last 8 games than it did in the first 8 games. Shanahan and Allen see progress but know the secondary is the main thing that needs fixed in the 2013 offseason.

Hasslett retains his job, we cut DHall, and draft a cb in round 2 because the FA crop at cb this year was either injured in 2012 or isnt great, we cut Cedric Griffin and sign an upgrade at nickle cb. Cut FS Madieu Williams, then sign Jarius Byrd. In the draft we draft a cb in round 2, a safety in round 3 to compete with Gomes as our #3 safety, a FA signing to be our nickle cb and SS Kenny Tate late in round 6 or 7 to develop for our future as a strong safety.

We totally rehaul our secondary, get healthy along the front 7 and have a top 10 D next year to go with rg3 and a top 10 offense.

We win 10 games in 2013 and go to the playoffs. Wink Cool

Our 2013 secondary looks lke this:

Cb: Josh Wilson, Desmond Trufant, Carry Williams, Richard Crawford, Chase Minifield

SS: Brandon Meriweather, DeJon Gomes
FS: Jarius Byrd, Robert Lester

Ps: Jordan Bernstine and Kenny Tate

DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Here is to Pierre Garcon returning after the bye week and us having our big play wr back.

also, Brandon Meriweather returns after the bye week, our secondary plays better because it finally has all 4 starters on the field at the same time. The secondary plays better than in its last 8 games than it did in the first 8 games. Shanahan and Allen see progress but know the secondary is the main thing that needs fixed in the 2013 offseason.

Hasslett retains his job, we cut DHall, and draft a cb in round 2 because the FA crop at cb this year was either injured in 2012 or isnt great, we cut Cedric Griffin and sign an upgrade at nickle cb. Cut FS Madieu Williams, then sign Jarius Byrd. In the draft we draft a cb in round 2, a safety in round 3 to compete with Gomes as our #3 safety, a FA signing to be our nickle cb and SS Kenny Tate late in round 6 or 7 to develop for our future as a strong safety.

We totally rehaul our secondary, get healthy along the front 7 and have a top 10 D next year to go with rg3 and a top 10 offense.

Cb: Josh Wilson, Desmond Trufant, Carry Williams, Richard Crawford, Chase Minifield

Not sure if you put this in the right thread?
But I would like/love this... Exclamation
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I think the Panthers take it to us in this game. Cam goes for 300 and Haslett gets fired during the bye.

Panthers-28
Redskins-17

Well we have a recent history (Detroit, Rams, Giants, and probably more) of being THE TEAM that lets a struggling team gain confidence by whipping us, then go on to correct their season....
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I am sorry but Robert Lester is a 2nd round projection currently and there is no way we draft him to sit behind Byrd. If anything, get rid of Meriweather and find a SS. And we cannot have S depth at just 1 behind the starters as we have seen that our S's just cannot stay healthy.

I see the practice squad guys, but I think that Bernstine was going to make the active roster before he got hurt, so I dont see him on the PS anyway.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a high-scoring shootout. Gimme the Redskins winning 34-30 on a TD run by Morris with 30 seconds remaining. Cool
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I am sorry but Robert Lester is a 2nd round projection currently and there is no way we draft him to sit behind Byrd. If anything, get rid of Meriweather and find a SS. And we cannot have S depth at just 1 behind the starters as we have seen that our S's just cannot stay healthy.

I see the practice squad guys, but I think that Bernstine was going to make the active roster before he got hurt, so I dont see him on the PS anyway.
ive seen Lester listed as a 2/3 right now by Walter and CBS. So I figured if we are picking in the top 10 there is a chance he falls to us. Maybe not, but its certainly possible.

Oh and the reason I put Bernstein on the practice squad is because of his injury. He tore every ligament in his knee. He only made the team in 2012 originally because of Meriweather's knee injury. I think there is a good chance he is on our practice squad next year. We'll stash him away for 2014. in 2014 he will compete for the SS job with Lester,Gomes, and Tate if Meriweather is gone.

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could Brandon Meriweather play this week?

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfceast&id=45081

Sounds like Meriweather is having his best week of practice since the week before the Tampa bay game. He may be able to play on Sunday, but it will be a game day decision.

I think they will probably lead towards not playing him. That way he will get next week and the week after because of the bye week to be close to 100% for the final 7 games.

Quote:
Meriweather says he intends to practice fully this week, and if he's able to do that the team will have to decide whether he can play Sunday against the Panthers or if they'll continue to hold him out through next week's bye. Per Mike Jones:
Meriweather practiced one day last week to test out his knee, and after experiencing some soreness, watched the final two sessions of the week.

"Last week, I think was a great week for me," Meriweather said. "I went out there, I got to be around my teammates, got to practice a little bit. Got to get back in the flow of things, but it was a good week. Unfortunately, I had to sit out the next couple days. But I'm looking for this week to be better."

THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Could Brandon Meriweather play this week?

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfceast&id=45081

Sounds like Meriweather is having his best week of practice since the week before the Tampa bay game. He may be able to play on Sunday, but it will be a game day decision.

I think they will probably lead towards not playing him. That way he will get next week and the week after because of the bye week to be close to 100% for the final 7 games.

Quote:
Meriweather says he intends to practice fully this week, and if he's able to do that the team will have to decide whether he can play Sunday against the Panthers or if they'll continue to hold him out through next week's bye. Per Mike Jones:
Meriweather practiced one day last week to test out his knee, and after experiencing some soreness, watched the final two sessions of the week.

"Last week, I think was a great week for me," Meriweather said. "I went out there, I got to be around my teammates, got to practice a little bit. Got to get back in the flow of things, but it was a good week. Unfortunately, I had to sit out the next couple days. But I'm looking for this week to be better."

We need him back soooo bad. You never know,he coulf be the answer at fs??

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: