Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First 2013 Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Speaking of Jon Beason I actually think there's a good chance he'll be traded in the offseason. Kuechly looks like he'll take over at MLB moving forward. Beason with his second major injury in a row is no longer worth his salary and will likely have to restructure this offseason. But he prefers to play the middle and with lots of changes likely come in Carolina given their disappointing season I think Beason could be on the outs there. Denver would be the logical landing spot given their need for a MLB and the fact that Fox loves the guy.

I love Beason when healthy. He is one of the best coverage MLB's in the league, he makes splash plays and he is a very consistent tackler. And I do think that Carolina will look to deal him this summer. I would give up nothing more than a 2013 6th round pick, maybe with conditions attached that could make it a 5th rounder. Why? His injury history is horiffic. Which is the biggest kink in terms targeting him for our starting MLB spot. He is so unreliable, we would have to have a near starting caliber backup.

I am really hoping that DJ, or Irving, can show enough to allow us to overlook MLB in this draft. I believe that we pick in the late 20's. Te'o will be long gone, and after the combine I strongly believe that Ogletree will be as well.

I want Kawann. He is not going to blow up the combine, but he is a 3 down DT who has Pat Williams potential. He has been a consistent player, and I think that can play into him falling in the draft. People always get super hyped over the one year wonders and athletic freaks. Guys like Kawann that have been around for seemingly forever fall sometimes.
primetime714

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:
Speaking of Jon Beason I actually think there's a good chance he'll be traded in the offseason. Kuechly looks like he'll take over at MLB moving forward. Beason with his second major injury in a row is no longer worth his salary and will likely have to restructure this offseason. But he prefers to play the middle and with lots of changes likely come in Carolina given their disappointing season I think Beason could be on the outs there. Denver would be the logical landing spot given their need for a MLB and the fact that Fox loves the guy.

I love Beason when healthy. He is one of the best coverage MLB's in the league, he makes splash plays and he is a very consistent tackler. And I do think that Carolina will look to deal him this summer. I would give up nothing more than a 2013 6th round pick, maybe with conditions attached that could make it a 5th rounder. Why? His injury history is horiffic. Which is the biggest kink in terms targeting him for our starting MLB spot. He is so unreliable, we would have to have a near starting caliber backup.

I am really hoping that DJ, or Irving, can show enough to allow us to overlook MLB in this draft. I believe that we pick in the late 20's. Te'o will be long gone, and after the combine I strongly believe that Ogletree will be as well.

I want Kawann. He is not going to blow up the combine, but he is a 3 down DT who has Pat Williams potential. He has been a consistent player, and I think that can play into him falling in the draft. People always get super hyped over the one year wonders and athletic freaks. Guys like Kawann that have been around for seemingly forever fall sometimes.

Yea I wouldn't advocate giving up much for Beason. Yes when healthy he is very good, but as you mentioned he can't be relied upon. That said the Broncos aren't in the best position to get a MLB this year. Te'o is basically out of reach barring a pretty crazy trade package. Olgetree seems to be moving up as well which means the Broncos would likely have to trade up for him as well. I don't know if guys like Skov, Mauti, etc are day 1 starters. FA is a banged up declining Urlacher and a bunch of garbage.

As you mentioned DJ may be our best option. Irving doesn't seem to be an option anymore since his move to SLB. Its to time to give up on him being the future MLB. He's a backup and ST player. Steven Johnson has a better chance at MLB than Irving.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, how about one of those d lineman from notre dame? would be a nice addition. or one of the line backers from k state. cant name them off the top of my head, but i think they would be good additions to the d.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
man, how about one of those d lineman from notre dame? would be a nice addition. or one of the line backers from k state. cant name them off the top of my head, but i think they would be good additions to the d.

Tuitt or Nix would be amazing from ND. Both are going to be good players. i really like Kawann Short, he'd be a nice addition here.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JRebar913

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:

Tuitt or Nix would be amazing from ND. Both are going to be good players. i really like Kawann Short, he'd be a nice addition here.

read his name a lot on here, i need to watch some youtube on him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: