Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Remaining Schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Final Record?
14-2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
13-3
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
12-4
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
11-5
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
10-6
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
9-7
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
8-8
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
7-9
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
6-10
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:
I hate to use this term but I really do think we have been playing down to our competition.

These guys seem to want to come out and play only against tough teams.

Yeah I was thinking about that a lot yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
bagh wrote:
I hate to use this term but I really do think we have been playing down to our competition.

These guys seem to want to come out and play only against tough teams.

Yeah I was thinking about that a lot yesterday.

Thank god we've had the hardest schedule in the NFL then Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
i don't mind dropping the final game against the birds if it means resting our starters to have them fully 100% or as close to 100% for the playoff's that begin the week after.

I wouldn't. What Coughlin taught the entire NFL in 2007 is momentum > Rest. Got to catch a wave and ride it to the Lombardi.

That was a Totally Different Situation , They were going against a perfect team that most likely would go all the way to the bowl , of course u wanna put all your best players against a team like that when 1 week later was the start of the playoff , u get a feel for the best to give ur team the boost it needs to know what it's going to mean if they go all the way , brilliant move by TC and as we now know that game became a Superbowl Preview and honestly i think that's exactly what TC Had in mind he wanted to give his team a preview of what the big game would look like if they go all the way and of course Smile It Happened ; )

Guess we have to agree to disagree then.

Another thing to think about... under Coughlin this team has annually been atrocious playing after a bye week. Although this year was an exception to the norm, usually they play like complete garbage and are susceptible to being rusty.

Both our Super Bowl runs were momentum fueled. Momentum >> Rest

if plax didn't shoot himself in the foot we would have came out of that bye week and beaten the dirty green guys , we have all the tools , people aren't shooting themselves , this is a different giants team , but there's some guys on D That are banged up , i feel a rest would be good for them , also i want to add that if it get's to the point that we can capture a high seed in the NFC then in that situation i would play all my starters , to capture a number 2 seed , Atlanta can very well fall apart 49er's can start losing some games and green bay can drop 1 game and we can win out , if all that happens then yes play everyone we got on the roster
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to add that i actually have faith in this 2012 giants team , we've been through the history and now , now we're the ones that's making history Cool
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and to Shockey1979 , I Also wanna add That yes i do see what your saying while i may have a difference of opinion , i can also see what your saying
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="canadaluvsdalla"]Alright according to NFL.

Heres how the NFC East Crown will be decided.

- If the Giants win out week 16 and 17 and BOTH the redskins and the cowboys finish 9-7 they make the playoffs.

- If redskins win out that means they won week 16 and 17 and make the playoffs.

- Dallas has the same situation as the redskins.
UPDATE: If it is a three way division tie for 9-7 Cowboys win the NFC East

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how true it is. But I though I heard Dungy say there is a chance the Giants, Skins, and Cowboys could all make it. That would be wild. Laughing

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Not sure how true it is. But I though I heard Dungy say there is a chance the Giants, Skins, and Cowboys could all make it. That would be wild. Laughing

The Seahawks would have to lose out and they are playing way too well for that to be likely...

What I'm more nervous about is the fact that Dallas and Washington both have winnable games this week which would mean one of them finishing 10-6 and most likely winning the division... If the Giants lose to the ravens we are in DEEP trouble.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

The Seahawks would have to lose out and they are playing way too well for that to be likely...

What I'm more nervous about is the fact that Dallas and Washington both have winnable games this week which would mean one of them finishing 10-6 and most likely winning the division... If the Giants lose to the ravens we are in DEEP trouble.

Looking at the remaining schedule we need teams to lose to have a chance AND we have to win out.

Seattle - In the playoffs as a wildcard. They've got 2 home games left against the 49ers and the Rams. They're undefeated at home and even if they lose to the 49ers they're likely going to beat the Rams.

Chicago - They play Arizona and Detroit...both are road games. I imagine they're going to win at least one of those, probably both.

Washington - @Philly, VS Dallas. Probably winning out and winning the division, especially if RGIII is back next week.

Dallas - VS. Saints, @Washington. Probably losing out. Saints in a dome and Washington...granted the Saits D is pretty awful...

Minnesota - @Houston, VS Green Bay. I see them losing out as well

All of those teams are ahead of us in the playoff hunt. Chicago holds the tiebreaker over Dallas and Dallas holds the tiebreaker over us so BOTH of those teams need to slip for us to have a shot, as well as Washington...

What I'm saying is...there's a good shot our season is over.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win out and you're in as a WC no matter what - Win out and have the winner of week 17 lose week 16 and you're the division winner.

Sig courtesy of mack.
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official Playoff Scenarios:

Giants clinch a playoff berth with:

1) Win + WAS loss or tie + DAL loss + MIN loss + CHI loss OR

2) Win + WAS loss + NO tie + MIN loss + CHI loss

Giants are eliminated from NFC East contention with:

1) Tie + WAS win + DAL win or tie OR

2) Loss + WAS win or tie OR

3) Tie + WAS tie + DAL win OR

4) Loss + DAL win or tie

Giants are eliminated from playoff contention with:

1) Loss + WAS win + DAL win + SEA win or tie
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of how the season turns out, the Giants need to make some changes with some of the veterans that have been around for both of the Superbowls. Guys like Tuck, Snee, Osi, Webster, Deihl are all living off of previous accomplishments and appear to have sleep walked through the entire season. I don't know if they are getting old, or have just become complacent after reaching the pinnacle twice. Whatever the reason, they are getting paid way too much money for their level of performance. That money could be spent more wisely.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
dkebones

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Regardless of how the season turns out, the Giants need to make some changes with some of the veterans that have been around for both of the Superbowls. Guys like Tuck, Snee, Osi, Webster, Deihl are all living off of previous accomplishments and appear to have sleep walked through the entire season. I don't know if they are getting old, or have just become complacent after reaching the pinnacle twice. Whatever the reason, they are getting paid way too much money for their level of performance. That money could be spent more wisely.

two weeks in a row that we didn't hear Tuck's name called once, right? impossibly frustrating.
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Gmen wrote:

two weeks in a row that we didn't hear Tuck's name called once, right? impossibly frustrating.

More like two years.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: