Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameballs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
fatpig wrote:
Weeden deserves a game ball for not having any turnovers, and for creating a few good plays when rolling out of the pocket. the one in particular on 3rd down to cameron was a beauty.

No he doesn't He missed a wide open Watson for what would have been a TD.

He's made great progression, but he has to hit that pass. For that reason, he doesn't get a game ball.

Still got a TD on that drive thankfully

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
fatpig wrote:
Weeden deserves a game ball for not having any turnovers, and for creating a few good plays when rolling out of the pocket. the one in particular on 3rd down to cameron was a beauty.

No he doesn't He missed a wide open Watson for what would have been a TD.

He's made great progression, but he has to hit that pass. For that reason, he doesn't get a game ball.

If that was Marecic I think that's a catch.

Still, know who the slow players are Laughing

Not an easy catch for Watson while in a dead sprint, if you can call it that. The ball was however catch-able, it just helps if you have Gordon sized hands.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you missed the fact I posted Marecic Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Damn you missed the fact I posted Marecic Laughing

I caught it. couldn't think of an epic enough reply.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Balls.

1. Trent Richardson career day and the game winning TD.

2. Shawn Lauvao a career day. He was fantastic in almost every way. Hustled to the whistle, getting down field, picking up blitzes. The guard haters on this board has better step up and give credit where it is do and if you re-watch today's game Lauvao was great.

3. Josh Gordon just for being a receiving threat on any given play bc we have lacked his type of threat since the 07 Braylon Edwards.

GOAT

1. D'Qwell Jackson he was owned by Ronnie Brown crossing the middle all game. It didn't start to hurt us until later but Jackson was horrible all day. Twice I saw him standing at the sticks waiting for the ball carrier to come to him.

2. Craig Robertson seriously can you please make an open field tackle? Haven't seen it in a long while. Maybe it is time to get L.J. Fort some snaps in his place bc I am tired of his missed tackles.

3. Usama Young Bro can you catch a ball? Actually I'm impressed you were even in position because I haven't seen that your entire career here in Cleveland.

Jamison on the sig
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Game Balls.

1. Trent Richardson career day and the game winning TD.

2. Shawn Lauvao a career day. He was fantastic in almost every way. Hustled to the whistle, getting down field, picking up blitzes. The guard haters on this board has better step up and give credit where it is do and if you re-watch today's game Lauvao was great.

3. Josh Gordon just for being a receiving threat on any given play bc we have lacked his type of threat since the 07 Braylon Edwards.

GOAT

1. D'Qwell Jackson he was owned by Ronnie Brown crossing the middle all game. It didn't start to hurt us until later but Jackson was horrible all day. Twice I saw him standing at the sticks waiting for the ball carrier to come to him.

2. Craig Robertson seriously can you please make an open field tackle? Haven't seen it in a long while. Maybe it is time to get L.J. Fort some snaps in his place bc I am tired of his missed tackles.

3. Usama Young Bro can you catch a ball? Actually I'm impressed you were even in position because I haven't seen that your entire career here in Cleveland.

So on point on how I feel. And let me add the defenders tackle like venus de milo! I hate that. Wrap your dang arms! Evil or Very Mad

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig Robertson is so one dimensional it's kinda getting apparent why he was undrafted. I mean for an undrafted FA he can sure move around in coverage well. But his tackling is horrendous.
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to defend D'qwell completely, he's been really mediocre for us lately. However on one of Ronnie Brown's long receptions he was playing zone and two guys ran routes through it. He started committing to one of the other guys and before having to break on Brown. It looked like Brown scorched him super bad 1 on 1, but really it was just a great play to call against the coverage we were in.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
Not to defend D'qwell completely, he's been really mediocre for us lately. However on one of Ronnie Brown's long receptions he was playing zone and two guys ran routes through it. He started committing to one of the other guys and before having to break on Brown. It looked like Brown scorched him super bad 1 on 1, but really it was just a great play to call against the coverage we were in.

Actually it looked like most of those were zone, however, the ones I am thinking of D'Qwell Jackson stud there and reacted after Brown ran across his face a good yard or two. If he made a wrong move thinking he should be somewhere else would be one thing but he just let Brown run right by him. I'm also extremely tired of him waiting for the runner to get to him.

Jamison on the sig
NickZambo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Pittsburgh's throw backs

Biggest goat of the day.

Lookin' like the Western State Penitentiary Yellow Jackets.

Ugliest uniforms I have ever seen I think.... And that includes other sports.

Typical stillers, their jerseys looked like they were serving 25 to life.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
bulldog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

So on point on how I feel. And let me add the defenders tackle like venus de milo! I hate that. Wrap your dang arms! Evil or Very Mad

I thought DQ was athletic enough to play Will??

DQ will be fine when he's finally not playing behind TWO rookie DT's.

Just like when Gocong played Will last year behind the worst RDE in the league, then moved to Sam, playing behind Sheard, and magically looked so much bettter... Huh, amazing how that works.

Last edited by bulldog on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
DawgX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Richardson was Cleveland's best player. Ran for over 115 yards against the second best run defense.

- The secondary played well. Rivers couldn't do much. I don't think I heard Haden's name called all day, which is a good thing. Skrine made a big play at the end of the game. Ward was all over the place.

- Winn. Had the fumble recovery and a sack. I can't believe he was a 6th-round pick.

I'm very happy that Marecic didn't start. Maybe replacing him helped Richardson have such a good game. I was hoping that Smelley would become the fullback, but Alex Smith is better than Marecic.

If one didn't watch the game and only looked at Weeden's stats, they would assume he had a bad game. While he didn't particularly have a good game, he wasn't bad either IMO. Many of his passes that were incomplete were due to him throwing it away or the ball being dropped. He made some very good throws and didn't make any big mistakes. All Weeden needed to do was manage the game when you consider that Richardson played well, the defense didn't give up many points and they were playing in bad weather.

The Browns need to get rid of Hodges -- the dude's a bum. His longest punt came at a time when the Browns needed him to punt it a short distance.

Overall, it was an ugly win but a win is a win. It's very important for the Browns to win these close games and it's nice to see that they're able to win despite not playing that well. Really, the Browns are a dropped Josh Gordon touchdown pass and a dropped LJ Fort interception/Owen Marecic reception away from being 4-4. This team is headed in the right direction.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

I thought DQ was athletic enough to play Will??

Just like when Gocong played Will last year behind the worst RDE in the league, then moved to Sam, playing behind Sheard, and magically looked so much bettter... Huh, amazing how that works.[/quote]

DQ sucks 1 on 1 going North south with a RB. Thats why i'd put him on the edge where things go east west or he is coming in from the side.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:

playing with two rookie defensive tackles infront of him and at times playing with two rookie linebackers playing as his OLB.

if we had talent, we could hide DQs weaknesses and really expose his strengths but IMO offenses are able to do the opposite
bulldog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

playing with two rookie defensive tackles infront of him and at times playing with two rookie linebackers playing as his OLB.

if we had talent, we could hide DQs weaknesses and really expose his strengths but IMO offenses are able to do the opposite

Fixed my original post, didn't realize I jacked it up.

But I agree. This is whats happening.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: