Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Non-Packers GameDay Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:

Seattle CBs Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner facing 4-game suspensions for violating performance enhancing drug policy.

Whoa.

crap.......wait ONE more week for that please. I normally would say yes absolutely, but lets not be too hasty here with chicago coming up Razz
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:
Colin Kaepernick is a good quarterback in other news.....

I'm not seeing anything special about this performance, especially against a terrible Saints D.

what about the terrible chicago D?
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:

I'm not seeing anything special about this performance, especially against a terrible Saints D.

what about the terrible chicago D?
They didn't have enough film on him running a number one offense. I believe that it's always hard to play a QB during his first start. Why guys like Jason Garrett came out with a bang, but nothing came after it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
justo wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:

Harbaugh QBs will always be efficient. He's such a great coach. Might be the best in the NFL. Kaepernick is what most future NFL QBs will look like. Bigger than the average QB right now, more mobile, efficient.
Agreed, but besides the mobility and a couple of nice throws I don't see anything that separates him from a Ponder or Russel Wilson at this point. After listening to Gruden last week you'd think the guy was the second coming of Christ, not the game manager I'm seeing this week.
He has a MUCH bigger arm than Ponder and has better wheels too. Better size and a little bigger arm than Wilson. He has more upside than both but was raw coming out last year.
I would say that both Ponder and Wilson right now offer the more consistent play and once teams see a bit more film on Kaepernick they will game plan for it. I'm holding off praising him until I see him do what he did last week on a more consistent basis.
Have you seen Wilson or Ponder? Wilson has done close to nothing on the road and is basically a game manager. Ponder has been consistently inconsistent. Up one game down the next and a lot more downs than ups. I am not calling Kaeps a top QB, but I like him a lot better than Ponder and Wilson.
I've seen Wilson and Ponder, and from what I've seen Kaepernick do today, I don't see anything different than what Wilson and Ponder did, and they played much better defenses and in Ponder's case, without his best (only) target. I agree that Kaepernick has the better upside, but right now I wouldn't want him over the other two

Good lord, I can't believe I'm defending Ponder....
You shouldn't be. Look what Kaeps did vs the Bears, look at what Ponder did vs the Bears. Both have excellent running games but Kaepernick actually produces off of play action. Ponder is nothing short of incompetent most games. He has shown nothing to be ranked ahead of Kaepernick. I would take Colin 10/10 times over Christian.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
justo wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:

Harbaugh QBs will always be efficient. He's such a great coach. Might be the best in the NFL. Kaepernick is what most future NFL QBs will look like. Bigger than the average QB right now, more mobile, efficient.
Agreed, but besides the mobility and a couple of nice throws I don't see anything that separates him from a Ponder or Russel Wilson at this point. After listening to Gruden last week you'd think the guy was the second coming of Christ, not the game manager I'm seeing this week.
He has a MUCH bigger arm than Ponder and has better wheels too. Better size and a little bigger arm than Wilson. He has more upside than both but was raw coming out last year.
I would say that both Ponder and Wilson right now offer the more consistent play and once teams see a bit more film on Kaepernick they will game plan for it. I'm holding off praising him until I see him do what he did last week on a more consistent basis.
Have you seen Wilson or Ponder? Wilson has done close to nothing on the road and is basically a game manager. Ponder has been consistently inconsistent. Up one game down the next and a lot more downs than ups. I am not calling Kaeps a top QB, but I like him a lot better than Ponder and Wilson.
I've seen Wilson and Ponder, and from what I've seen Kaepernick do today, I don't see anything different than what Wilson and Ponder did, and they played much better defenses and in Ponder's case, without his best (only) target. I agree that Kaepernick has the better upside, but right now I wouldn't want him over the other two

You shouldn't be. Look what Kaeps did vs the Bears, look at what Ponder did vs the Bears. Both have excellent running games but Kaepernick actually produces off of play action. Ponder is nothing short of incompetent most games. He has shown nothing to be ranked ahead of Kaepernick. I would take Colin 10/10 times over Christian.
I see you point, and would agree with it, if Ponder had the supporting cast that Kaepernick did. Jerome Simpson, Ponder's number one today, wouldn't crack the top 3 SF receivers, plus the offensive lines aren't that close. Add to the fact it was a road game against an angry and embarrassed Bears D and I don't think Ponder had a shot to succeed.

I do see your point though, I just like to over analyze.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
justo wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:

I see you point, and would agree with it, if Ponder had the supporting cast that Kaepernick did. Jerome Simpson, Ponder's number one today, wouldn't crack the top 3 SF receivers, plus the offensive lines aren't that close. Add to the fact it was a road game against an angry and embarrassed Bears D and I don't think Ponder had a shot to succeed.

I do see your point though, I just like to over analyze.

Kaep vs Bears =/= Ponder vs Bears.

Kaep has one of the better coaches in the league who's a QB's best friend.
Ponder has Musgrave who doesn't know how to utilize matchups and player strengths.

Kaep's receivers while they weren't always the most productive with Smith at QB, run circles around the gang Ponder was trying to throw too today. Harvin was inactive, Rudolph left with a concussion. That left Michael Jenkins, Jerome Simpson, Jarius Wright, Devon Aromashodu, Stephen Burton and John Carlson... that is currently up there with the Dolphins and Jets for the worst receiving corps in the league. Even if you are relatively conservative calling drops, you'll have at least seven and counting ten plus wouldn't be absurd. Ponder wasn't good today but his receivers exasperated the problem by seemingly dropping every other ball in between no seperation and poor routes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponder is in an awful situation, but if that situation continues he'll end up like Jason Campbell (similar players IMO in terms of arm strength, mobility, accuracy, game managing, etc). It's a poisonous situation regardless of who the young QB is.

Even if Ponder is better, Kaep is in a far superior situation. Right now he's proving me right (I had said he'd be the best from his class...right now that title is up for grabs [although Dalton has a lead right now over Cam and Kaep).

40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:

I just hope he's not another Matt Cassel....Remember how good he looked when Tom Brady was injured?......People thought he was a younger Brady and that there would be a quarterback controversy in New England.....Next thing you know, he's shipped to Kansas City where you hardly hear about him any more...
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since Thanksgiving has passed recently and I didn't say I was thankful for anything I will do that now.

I am thankful that our D no longer looks like the Eagles defense in this game.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As bad as last nights game was, I just keep reminding myself it could be a lot worse. We could be the Eagloles for example.
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
As bad as last nights game was, I just keep reminding myself it could be a lot worse. We could be the Eagloles for example.

Yeah, Just think how bad they would've been had Michael Vick not have dedicated the season to Andy Ried's son.....Nice gesture, but very poor result, as Ried will likely be looking for another job next season....
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm I the only one who chuckles when they show Brees pumping the team up before games?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
I'm I the only one who chuckles when they show Brees pumping the team up before games?
I certainly do. So corny/cheesey. Like if you need that to pump you up... Laughing

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CK is scary for SF. He's a home-run hitter. The way I see it is similar to the way I saw it (and several others) with Jennings vs. Peprah in 2011. You know what you'll get with Alex Smith: a reliable, turnover-free, and methodical quarterback who will manage the game. With CK, you may see some ups and downs, but he's a home-run hitter, can make throws outside the pocket, and forces the defense to keep a spy on him because he's lethal with his feet. That's a scary combination. Didn't play too well against NO, but that style will reinvigorate that offense. Smith won't.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan with an MVP-esque 9/20 for 89 yards performance against the Saints' defense at home.

Yup.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 14 of 51

Jump to: