Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DRD's Midway Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadabuccaneer wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Better idea, on Monday trade your 3rd round pick to the Cowboys for Mike Jenkins.

I think the most I would give up is a 4th. Maybe add a conditional pick if we resigned him.

I could go for that. Resigning him would be key.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DRD,

I know I made that comment back in may, but to be fair, only game I really saw him was against Notre Dame last season. This year, I have not been impressed at all. He doesn't stand out. Seen him against wake forest, Clemson, NC State, S. Florida, and Miami. Just doesn't scream top CB prospect. I think he's a reach to be honest. And currently where we're slotted to select, which is top 10, I'd say no.

Carradine is a 3rd/4th round prospect. I just see career back up, at best. I just think Florida States prospects are very overrated, except Werner.

OK, fine, but watching him more shouldn't change your opinion about his hips so drastically. Either you have good hips or you don't. You were right back in May Laughing

If you don't like him as a prospect after you got to watch him more, that's fine. He may not stand out to you because QBs don't test him much, but that in itself makes an impact. QBs respect his game, and they respect him enough to not throw his way. He's great in run support too. You should have at least noticed that part of his game.

I'm not sure why you don't like Carradine. Sure he doesn't have an elite get-off, but there is a lot to like about his game. He had a great opportunity to prove himself this season with Jenkins out and he has done just that. In his first season as a starter his stats (9 TFLs, 8 Sacks, 8 Hurries, 1 FF) basically mirror Werner's (12.5 TFLs, 8 Sacks, 5 Hurries, 1 FF). I really like his potential.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mock. Rhodes has great ability and the tools to be a fantastic CB. Thing is, he will be a hot commodity come draft time and I think he will be taken earlier than he should. A lot of teams are going to try to copy Seattle's philosophy with getting big DB's. Rhodes will get over drafted in my opinion but if not, I'll take him if he is there.

Round 2, I see where your going with that pick. AC isn't a sure thing yet, Bowers hasn't started a full 16 in his career, and Bennett while emerging is inconsistent at times. Don't mind having a good #4 DE in the rotation.

Hawthrone is one of my favorite prospects. Not having a great year but he will be one of the most pro-ready CB's coming in. Guy started as a true freshman and has been truly under coached. With proper coaching in the NFL, Hawthrone is going to be a gem for some team.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with Tank Carradine is that delayed get off will fly against subpar and weak opponents in college that he's faced. In the Nfl that's a LTs huge advantage and makes they're job that much easier.

To open up the pass rush I think we could use a force next to McCoy to free up more one on ones for McCoy AC Bowers and Bennett.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Hawthrone is one of my favorite prospects. Not having a great year but he will be one of the most pro-ready CB's coming in. Guy started as a true freshman and has been truly under coached. With proper coaching in the NFL, Hawthrone is going to be a gem for some team.

Yeah, he has a ton of experience, great technique and he can help us as a returner too. I'm a big fan as well. As long as he can bounce back from this concussion I think he should be drafted in the first 3 rounds.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
The thing with Tank Carradine is that delayed get off will fly against subpar and weak opponents in college that he's faced. In the Nfl that's a LTs huge advantage and makes they're job that much easier.

To open up the pass rush I think we could use a force next to McCoy to free up more one on ones for McCoy AC Bowers and Bennett.

I think you are overstating it quite a bit. His get-off isn't delayed, it's average.

An elite get-off isn't necessary to win against LTs in the NFL either. You can be just as successful as a bull rusher so that when you do counter with an outside move, the LT isn't ready for it - ala Adrian Clayborn. Carradine has that kind of style. Effective bull-rusher that can counter to a swim move and beat you to the outside. While his get-off isn't anything special, when he does turn the corner he definitely has the explosiveness to track the QB down.

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
indifference wrote:

Yeah, he has a ton of experience, great technique and he can help us as a returner too. I'm a big fan as well. As long as he can bounce back from this concussion I think he should be drafted in the first 3 rounds.

REDandPEWTER wrote:

I think you are overstating it quite a bit. His get-off isn't delayed, it's average.

An elite get-off isn't necessary to win against LTs in the NFL either. You can be just as successful as a bull rusher so that when you do counter with an outside move, the LT isn't ready for it - ala Adrian Clayborn. Carradine has that kind of style. Effective bull-rusher that can counter to a swim move and beat you to the outside. While his get-off isn't anything special, when he does turn the corner he definitely has the explosiveness to track the QB down.

Hm idk. Again I just think me and you will continue to disagree on this. I juat think both Rhodes and Carradine are really overrated.

Meant to ask you DRD,

What do you think of Dion Jordan DE/OLB from Oregon. I think he reminds me a ton of JPP. Athleticism frame upside and talent. He's improved as a pass rusher. Needs to add some weight. But I think can be an elite pass rusher.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

Also, look at Robert Quinn in his first full year starting. He has 7 sacks this year through 8 games and everybody hated his reaction time off the line. I really wanted Robert Quinn that year but Clayborn isn't a bad player to settle for. Lets just hope he recovers fully and bounces back like Bowers did.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
What do you think of Dion Jordan DE/OLB from Oregon. I think he reminds me a ton of JPP. Athleticism frame upside and talent. He's improved as a pass rusher. Needs to add some weight. But I think can be an elite pass rusher.

He's a freak of a specimen that can do some damage as a pass-rusher. It's amazing to see how Oregon uses him. Sometimes he lines up at CB in press man. It's crazy. He's so gifted athletically.

If he can pack on some weight and keep that explosiveness he will appeal to every team in the league. The combine weigh-in will be crucial.

indifference wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Also, look at Robert Quinn in his first full year starting. He has 7 sacks this year through 8 games and everybody hated his reaction time off the line. I really wanted Robert Quinn that year but Clayborn isn't a bad player to settle for. Lets just hope he recovers fully and bounces back like Bowers did.

Yeah, Quinn has really blown up this season and his get-off was delayed at UNC. He looks real good.

manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. Defense and FSU players. Very Happy

As more and more teams start running the spread it almost seems as if the base defense is a Nickel package nowadays.

Thus, increasing the value of CB's and pass rushers. Having 3 good corners would be ideal.

I think the Offense has been setup great 5 years looking out. Lots of talent and production from a youthful group. And next year we get Davin back.

The Defense has the same youthful talent but lacks the consistent production. Injuries and off field issues have setback this side.

I think it's a 50-50 chance Talib wears pewter next year and adding more talent to the front 4 is never a bad idea (e.g. GMEN) The BUCs front office are certainly looking at the same positions as DRD --- good job
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft, but I think we could use a RB in the later rounds as a backup.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it
A+
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: