Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DRD's Midway Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: DRD's Midway Mock Draft Reply with quote

1st Round

Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
6'2 215 lbs #27 RS Junior

Aqib Talib has a ton of talent, but we simply cannot depend on him long-term. He will be a free agent after this season and itís very possible that we decide to move on. Eric Wright has made a few splash plays this season. Heís tough in run support and he has a knack for finding the footballÖhe just canít match-up against #1 WRs. Regardless of what is done with Talib, there is no doubt that we need to add more talent to the secondary. Xavier Rhodes is a big, physical CB with great hands. He is a converted WR with unique athleticism. I love his toughness and upside. All indication point to him declaring after the season and he should be one of the top CBs off of the board.

2nd Round

Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, DE, Florida State
6'5 265 lbs #91 Senior

I didnít mean to draft two FSU guys back-to-back, it just kind of happened. We have invested a lot in the DE position over the last few years with little return. Clayborn just suffered a serious knee injury and Bowers just came back from a serious lower leg injury. Can we depend on these two long-term? Itís a question mark for sure. While Michael Bennett is enjoying a break-out season, we need more. Tank Carradine is a gifted DE with superior hands. Once he gets his hands on you he controls the action. He hasnít played much against top competition, but this season he has shown that he can hang with them. Adding another gifted athlete to the rotation would be a huge plus.

3rd Round

Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois
6'0 190 lbs #1 Senior

Yup, another CB. Our secondary has gotten beaten over the top like itís their job. We have allowed the 2nd most passing yards per game this season and teams have averaged 8.3 yards per attempt against us. Not only do we need to add more talent to the position, but we need to build out our depth as well. McDonald is nothing more than a stop-gap, Biggers is a free agent after the season and we havenít seen anything from Gaitor. Hawthorne is another converted WR that knows what to do with the ball in his hands. Not only would he help us at CB, but he has returned punts and kicks as well. Our return teams have struggled this season - Hawthorne would it give us some juice.

4th Round

Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
6'6 255 lbs #88 Junior

A vertical threat at TE seems to be the missing link on offense. Dallas Clark has done some nice things, but he is coming to the end of his career. Stocker has made some plays in the short passing game, but he hasnít done much else. Byham/Noble are decent role players, but they arenít giving us much in the passing game. Gavin Escobar isnít getting talked about much, but he is one of the more gifted draft eligible TEs in the nation. He does a great job of plucking the ball at its highest point and he makes tough catches in traffic. Not only that, but heís versatile. He can line up in-line, in the slot or even outside as a WR. I hope that he declares.

5th Round

Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
6'1 180 lbs #2 Senior

6th Round

Joe Vellano, DT, Maryland
6'2 285 lbs #72 Senior

7th Round

B.J. Scott, FS, South Alabama
5'11 205 lbs #1 Senior

7th Round (from Chicago)

Sam Schwartzstein, C, Stanford
6'3 295 lbs #72 RS Senior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, It hits a lot of our needs. We absolutely need to get one of the top 3 corners from this draft. The only thing I may change is to take a DT in the 2nd but either way we need more D line depth.

#EmbraceTheSuck
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh, I really don't like the 1st 3 picks.

- Rhodes doesn't flash 1st rounder at me. He hasn't stood out at all this year. He doesn't have very fluid hips as a top NFL CB, which taking him in the 1st round would be expected.

- Tank Carradine doesn't have that 1st step you want in a pass rusher. I think he's very overrated and I have a 3rd/4th round grade on him. Plus, as much as I've rarely liked Florida State players, I think he benefits a lot from Werner, who I actually like as a prospect.

- Hawthorne has been beaten game after game down there in Illinois. He's not a 3rd rounder. If anything, his stock has been tanking.

Not too familar with the rest, except Escobar, who I really like as a prospect but can't seem to put a finger on his draft status.

To me, Florida State players in teh most recent years have been very overrated. I just don't like Rhodes that much and feel like he wouldnt be BPA if we took him, rather than reaching for a need.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadabuccaneer wrote:
I like it, It hits a lot of our needs. We absolutely need to get one of the top 3 corners from this draft. The only thing I may change is to take a DT in the 2nd but either way we need more D line depth.

I thought about it, I really did, but Roy Miller and Gary Gibson have been great this season at NT. I don't think that we need a DT so early in the draft now. Depth needs to be addressed, but not necessarily a starter.

I think that we'll resign Miller this offseason, but if for some reason we don't it will have to be addressed much earlier. With so many other needs I hope that we can keep Miller. He's been a bit of an unsung hero for our defense.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

- Rhodes doesn't flash 1st rounder at me. He hasn't stood out at all this year. He doesn't have very fluid hips as a top NFL CB, which taking him in the 1st round would be expected.

- Tank Carradine doesn't have that 1st step you want in a pass rusher. I think he's very overrated and I have a 3rd/4th round grade on him. Plus, as much as I've rarely liked Florida State players, I think he benefits a lot from Werner, who I actually like as a prospect.

- Hawthorne has been beaten game after game down there in Illinois. He's not a 3rd rounder. If anything, his stock has been tanking.

Not too familar with the rest, except Escobar, who I really like as a prospect but can't seem to put a finger on his draft status.

To me, Florida State players in teh most recent years have been very overrated. I just don't like Rhodes that much and feel like he wouldnt be BPA if we took him, rather than reaching for a need.

Rhodes doesn't have fluid hips now? Did something change between now and May when you said that Rhodes had fluid hips?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14028968

REDandPEWTER wrote:
The CB I really like is Xavier Rhodes. He's big, strong, physcial cover corner who's quick and got fluid hips. Charles Woodson clone in my opinion and was hurt last year.

That isn't one of those things that changes...unless you get old and lose a step. Rhodes is a big corner that can flip his hips and run with the best them. Technique wise he needs a little work, but physically he is very gifted. His hips aren't an issue at all.

Carradine's first step isn't elite, but he understands how to use his hands to fend off blocks. Because he is able to use his hands so well he has become incredibly productive as a pass rusher and in the run game. It's a skill that translates really well.

With regards to Hawthorne, I have only seen Quinton Patton give him trouble. Who else has beaten him?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puke
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Puke

Quality post. Thanks for sharing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Puke

Kidding. Just not a fan of it. Tired of young CBs, DE and DTs. It's old to me on this roster
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Puke

Kidding. Just not a fan of it. Tired of young CBs, DE and DTs. It's old to me on this roster

I am tired of it too. It sucks that past drafts haven't gotten it done, but at the end of the day we need help at these positions.

Obviously it would be ideal to get some veteran, top-tier CB and DLine talent in free agency, but after last offseason I don't know if we will go on a spending spree again.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better idea, on Monday trade your 3rd round pick to the Cowboys for Mike Jenkins.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Better idea, on Monday trade your 3rd round pick to the Cowboys for Mike Jenkins.

I think the most I would give up is a 4th. Maybe add a conditional pick if we resigned him.

#EmbraceTheSuck
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the draft, but it looks to me like a one of those drafts that we look at 5 years later and go "meh", no real impact players at all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Rhodes doesn't have fluid hips now? Did something change between now and May when you said that Rhodes had fluid hips?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14028968

REDandPEWTER wrote:
The CB I really like is Xavier Rhodes. He's big, strong, physcial cover corner who's quick and got fluid hips. Charles Woodson clone in my opinion and was hurt last year.

That isn't one of those things that changes...unless you get old and lose a step. Rhodes is a big corner that can flip his hips and run with the best them. Technique wise he needs a little work, but physically he is very gifted. His hips aren't an issue at all.

Carradine's first step isn't elite, but he understands how to use his hands to fend off blocks. Because he is able to use his hands so well he has become incredibly productive as a pass rusher and in the run game. It's a skill that translates really well.

With regards to Hawthorne, I have only seen Quinton Patton give him trouble. Who else has beaten him?

DRD,

I know I made that comment back in may, but to be fair, only game I really saw him was against Notre Dame last season. This year, I have not been impressed at all. He doesn't stand out. Seen him against wake forest, Clemson, NC State, S. Florida, and Miami. Just doesn't scream top CB prospect. I think he's a reach to be honest. And currently where we're slotted to select, which is top 10, I'd say no.

Carradine is a 3rd/4th round prospect. I just see career back up, at best. I just think Florida States prospects are very overrated, except Werner.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would really like the bucs to get MILLNER then grab a safety in the 2nd because sadly Ronde cant play forever.. then in the 3rd grab a de or dt
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
i would really like the bucs to get MILLNER then grab a safety in the 2nd because sadly Ronde cant play forever.. then in the 3rd grab a de or dt

I think we would all love to have Milliner but I think we will be picking in the 12-18 range. If we are lucky we may be in a position to get Jonathan Banks but I think we will miss out on Mililner. He will probably be picked just before us by Detroit Mad

#EmbraceTheSuck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: