Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers CB Eric Wright suspended for 4-game by the NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/273216728408915969

Quote:
By being suspended four games this season, the guaranteed money in Bucs CB Eric Wright’s contract for next season is now null and void.

He did it to himself. Now we can cut him in the offseason and face no cap penalties. Given how he has played this season I'd be surprised if we didn't dump him.

Best news all year. I'm 100% sure that Wright will not be in a Buccaneer uniform next year. Given how many better FA options there are, there's no way we just be content with his play and give him a free pass. Bucs use his bonus money for a better option is the way to go.

Leonard Johnson, Le'Quan Lewis, re-sign E.J Biggers and look for 3 new CB's in the off-season.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:
By being suspended four games this season, the guaranteed money in Bucs CB Eric Wright’s contract for next season is now null and void.

He did it to himself. Now we can cut him in the offseason and face no cap penalties. Given how he has played this season I'd be surprised if we didn't dump him.

Great news!

I like most hope we cut him and use his money that he was supposed to get next year towards another corner.

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:

Dancing That makes him cutting so much easier! Thank god Dominik worked that into the contract.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:

Best news all year. I'm 100% sure that Wright will not be in a Buccaneer uniform next year. Given how many better FA options there are, there's no way we just be content with his play and give him a free pass. Bucs use his bonus money for a better option is the way to go.

Leonard Johnson, Le'Quan Lewis, re-sign E.J Biggers and look for 3 new CB's in the off-season.

Great news. ! Btw why would we need 3 new CBS? I'd say a starter in fA and 1 in the draft and have Johnson in the slot.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:

Great news. ! Btw why would we need 3 new CBS? I'd say a starter in fA and 1 in the draft and have Johnson in the slot.
That was a typo. Re-sign Biggers and go look for a #1 and #2 corners. Johnson-Biggers-Gaitor-Le'Quan Lewis. Make a good 3-4-5-6

Derek Cox, Mike Jenkins, Brent Grimes, Sean Smith, Dashon Goldson and Jarius Byrd at least 2 of these guys need to be contacted on sight.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZOMG!!! I'm giddy like a school girl!!

Cut him right now. Screw it. If we manage to make the playoffs it won't be because of him anyway.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 10 Games | 115 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Evil Betty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
ZOMG!!! I'm giddy like a school girl!!

Cut him right now. Screw it. If we manage to make the playoffs it won't be because of him anyway.

Although I don't think it will happen, I would definitely be in favor of it. If nothing else it would just send another message to the team that if you screw up you're gone. I can't imagine how he'd be back next year though unless Dominic is too proud to admit his mistake.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not only is he a below average CB that is way overpaid but now is suspended for substance abuse... He should be cut, this is dominicks ticket out of that contract
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were all scared in the offseason that we overpaid for a average at best corner....and we all ended up being right...
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I speak for all of us when I say that its been real...yeah...ummm good luck Easy E

I think we were all just to ecstatic that we were actually spending in FA, so after signing Jackson and Nicks, we didnt care....

His salary will be off the books and we get a second chance. Like to see us get Grimes for a couple years with that money. That or Goldson Pray Pray Pray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: