Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers CB Eric Wright suspended for 4-game by the NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Wright is awful, even though we have nobody after him this is still addition by subtraction.

Yeah. He's better in the slot IMO. I seriously think trading for Mike Jenkins has to be considered. Even with him and Talib we've been awful.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Wright is awful, even though we have nobody after him this is still addition by subtraction.

Yeah. He's better in the slot IMO. I seriously think trading for Mike Jenkins has to be considered. Even with him and Talib we've been awful.

What do you think it'll take to get him. If he could be had for a 4th-round pick, I think we should pounce on it.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

What do you think it'll take to get him. If he could be had for a 4th-round pick, I think we should pounce on it.

I seriously think a 3rd round could be in consideration. Offer up a 4th first and see if they bite, but I remember reading in the offseason that Dallas was looking for a 3rd round pick. We can still resign him and cut loose the other 2 bozos at the end of the season.

This is why I can't stand Dominik. He makes poor decisions (see the Wright signing for 7mil a year) when we could have gotten rid of Talib and spent an extra 1.5 mil for Brandon Carr or Corland Finnegan.

But I guess it's ok when we got two studs in Jackson and Nicks Smile. It's just sometimes the decisions are inconsistant. They're either very good, or very bad.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually when you think about it, Dallas is hurting for a RB with Murray out and Jones inconsistancy.

Bucs swap Blount and Draft pick for Jenkins? Seems reasonable. Although I'm not familiar with the Murray injury off the top of my head.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Actually when you think about it, Dallas is hurting for a RB with Murray out and Jones inconsistancy.

Bucs swap Blount and Draft pick for Jenkins? Seems reasonable. Although I'm not familiar with the Murray injury off the top of my head.

Sprained foot, I think he'll be back next week.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Ahh nevermind then. I thought talking to some guy at the gym last week made it seemed he was out a long time. My bad.

Anyone listen to WDAE 620? They all believe Blount will be traded come Tuesday.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Ahh nevermind then. I thought talking to some guy at the gym last week made it seemed he was out a long time. My bad.

Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn...like do they not know it will show up on the screening or what..?

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I really would feel uneasy trading a 3rd-rounder for a guy that's slated to be a FA at the end of the season. However, to my knowledge, he's a local cat who might be content staying in Tampa if we do make the move.

Onto Blount. I want the guy to succeed so bad, but it's not happening. Trade him to a RB needy team for a draft pick or a DE/CB.

I don't know if you can trade somebody while they're in a suspension, but we could try to deal Talib for a low-round draft pick and get something out of him. Unless we can't manage to reel in Mike Jenkins, then we have no choice but to keep him around for the rest of the year.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the point in moving Blount, for once we have RB depth..... I don't get what is the confusion on Blount: he does some things really well and other things really bad, his effectiveness very much is a result on what type of game it is. I like him as our #2 back.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
I don't see the point in moving Blount, for once we have RB depth..... I don't get what is the confusion on Blount: he does some things really well and other things really bad, his effectiveness very much is a result on what type of game it is. I like him as our #2 back.

your love affair with blount is ridiculously inappropriate and is getting annoying... HE SUCKS!!
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I seriously think a 3rd round could be in consideration. Offer up a 4th first and see if they bite, but I remember reading in the offseason that Dallas was looking for a 3rd round pick. We can still resign him and cut loose the other 2 bozos at the end of the season.

This is why I can't stand Dominik. He makes poor decisions (see the Wright signing for 7mil a year) when we could have gotten rid of Talib and spent an extra 1.5 mil for Brandon Carr or Corland Finnegan.

But I guess it's ok when we got two studs in Jackson and Nicks Smile. It's just sometimes the decisions are inconsistant. They're either very good, or very bad.

We had no shot at Cortland Finnegan as he said ihe was only going to St. Louis, as they had hired Jeff Fisher and that was the coach he wanted to play for. Brandon Carr was the first signing in free agency if I am not mistaken, so he was looking for the first offer to get out of Kansas City (who could blame him). Wright was a desperation signing, but had we not been able to get Doug Martin (which I am happy as a hell we did), I feel like the Bucs would have went would have shipped out that third round pick for Jenkins back then and taken a second tier running back with the second rounder they had acquired in the trade back

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:

your love affair with blount is ridiculously inappropriate and is getting annoying... HE SUCKS!!

Well this isn't entirely true
Blount doesn't completely suck
We always run horrible runs for him
We all know he sucks a getting started yet they always run draws and up the middle runs with him
We should just run him I formation and sweeps or outside runs then sprinkle Martin up the middle
Then Blount wouldn't be so bad
We should play to his strengths not his weaknesses

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If and when Wright gets suspended, I really have little interest in seeing McDonald in the rotation. I wouldn't mind seeing Tandy activated. I've enjoyed the progress of this team, I would much rather see the coaching staff give Tandy a shot then bring McDonald play in the top 3 slots.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson will throw for 350+ next week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: